• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PC Solutions & Navigation

Hi everybody. :)

I found oscommerce only a few weeks ago. I was in great need of a shopping cart because it was taking me too much time to add each product through paypal buttons. Anyway I installed osCommerce and what a fantastic piece of kit, and its free!

Anyway, more to the point. I have used and modded an oscommerce template and would like you all to give me feedback on what you think; colours, layout, information, bugs etc... Iwould greatly appreciate it. I am still working on my site but this is my first and i would like to know if im on the right tracks and to see it from customers perspective. (Not all products are on the site yet)

Site:- www.pcsolutions-navigation.co.uk/shop/

Thanks in advance

Regards

Phil

Phil -

I could not access your site I get the following error:

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql9.streamline.net' (4) in /home/fhlinux183/p/pcsolutions-navigation.co.uk/user/htdocs/shop/includes/functions/database.php on line 17

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

In your about us page you state that my details are encrypted with 128 bit. The login page and create account page are not encrypted at all.

Your product descriptions are too long and unstructured. (I checked the latest added product).

Privacy policy is missing.

Phone number and business address is missing.

Even though you are a new company, you don't want to mention this but rather give the impression you are well established on the net and in the market. Why should I risk ordering from a new and unknown company if I can choose from a lot of similar stores.

Well, the template is clean and nice and used quite often. Maybe the regular customer doesn't realize this but I think you should think of something that is absolutely unique to distinguish your store from the others. Sorry, I have seen this template a lot of times when reviewing shops from this forum.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

I actually agree with you as regards to the template. There has been a recent site that has used this template, and yes it is used often. So I have gone and purchased a new one (I hope its not used alot - cause some aint cheap :) )which im modifying as we speak. I like templates for the reason, they are clean and ready to go, if you get me.

I know i stated that it is secure 128 bit connection, it will be when it goes live and also im working on my privacy policy. Im going to have another go and post again when im near completion.

I appreciate your honest feedback, best regards

Phil Brooke

Archived