• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick navbar/breadcrumb question

jpweber

Hey guys, I don't feel like thinkin' today, so I thought I'd post something here then get back to work.

I'm helping a personal friend just starting out in OSC, and I don't know what he did, but at the top of his navbar, like, if he's at the privacy.php page, it'll look like this:

Home >> Gallery >> Privace Statement

I have these defined in his english.php:

define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Home');

define('HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG', 'Gallery');

Well, I switched "Gallery" to "Home", and now, his index.php page is like:

Home >> Home

If he goes to conditions.php, it'll be like:

Home >> Home >> Conditions

Now, the extra "Home" is not supposed to be there, and it links right back to the home page. But I don't know how to get rid of it! Unreal, huh? I didn't put too much thought into it, so I'm hoping someone here can give me a quick answer, 'cause I don't feel like tihnkin' after Labor Day Weekend! Thanks all.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Hey guys, I don't feel like thinkin' today, so I thought I'd post something here then get back to work.

I'm helping a personal friend just starting out in OSC, and I don't know what he did, but at the top of his navbar, like, if he's at the privacy.php page, it'll look like this:

Home >> Gallery >> Privace Statement

I have these defined in his english.php:

define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Home');

define('HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG', 'Gallery');

Well, I switched "Gallery" to "Home", and now, his index.php page is like:

Home >> Home

If he goes to conditions.php, it'll be like:

Home >> Home >> Conditions

Now, the extra "Home" is not supposed to be there, and it links right back to the home page. But I don't know how to get rid of it! Unreal, huh? I didn't put too much thought into it, so I'm hoping someone here can give me a quick answer, 'cause I don't feel like tihnkin' after Labor Day Weekend! Thanks all.

You could comment out the "top" portion like this:

//define('HEADER_TITLE_TOP', 'Home');

that would eliminate the first link.

My Contributions

Stylesheet With Descriptions Glassy Grey Boxtops Our Products Meta Tags On The Fly

Password Protect Admin

"No matter where you go....There you are" - Buccaroo Bonsai

Will probably do that. Thanks Bill.

Jason

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Well, after commenting out on english.php, now he's getting this error:

Home ? HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG

Jason

My bad; I forgot all about application_top; I just commented it out there. Wow, long Labor Day weekend -- I'm way off today. Thanks Bill.

Jason

Archived