• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

no payment or shipping modules

no payment or shipping modules appear in the admin so that I can install them. Help?

Have you tried to upload a fresh copy of admin folder?

Sounds like someone has deleted your payment modules or your catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/.......folder is missing.

upload your modules again and or admin again and see what happens.

I have reloaded them, they all appear int he directories as should - when I look at as I ftp.

BUT! - I have to put the registers-globals patch in again once reloaded as the ofllowing error message apears when I try to access the admin

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

On my server info it states the registers_global are off....

After I install the patch (this does not include changing any other setting other than putting the patch on) the osc works but no modules appear or work...could it be something to do with the patch they tell you to impliment on this site? When I asked my host company about the registers globals thing they directed me to the patch?

Help please...I know a bi about web stuff but nothing about PHP. I set up an OSc shop a few years ago and had none of these problems. In the 3 years I have been having children everything seem to have got more complex..please help.

I have reloaded them, they all appear int he directories as should - when I look at as I ftp.

BUT! - I have to put the registers-globals patch in again once reloaded as the ofllowing error message apears when I try to access the admin

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!

On my server info it states the registers_global are off....

After I install the patch (this does not include changing any other setting other than putting the patch on) the osc works but no modules appear or work...could it be something to do with the patch they tell you to impliment on this site? When I asked my host company about the registers globals thing they directed me to the patch?

Help please...I know a bi about web stuff but nothing about PHP. I set up an OSc shop a few years ago and had none of these problems. In the 3 years I have been having children everything seem to have got more complex..please help.

What server are you using. Localhost or hosted? You can get the FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it! When php can not find your file.

Where is you oscommerce file and what is it hosted on?

What server are you using. Localhost or hosted? You can get the FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it! When php can not find your file.

Where is you oscommerce file and what is it hosted on?

Localhost - (compila.com)

oscommerce file - located at inth public_html folder in a folder called shop. this is preloaded as a freebee withthe hosting company.....no folder called catalogue which leads into the other folders...is this a problem.

server info.

Apache version 1.3.36 (Unix)

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

PHP version 4.4.2

Have no idea how to change things in php if I have to.....nothing if ever free is it. oooooh simple ecommerce package combined with fab hosting. Could this e why they now favour agora cart (crap), could there be some conflict.........please help.

desperate mum, trying to get this to work.....2 1/2 year old climbing on my back.....14 week old baby in other arm.............help

Localhost - (compila.com)

oscommerce file - located at inth public_html folder in a folder called shop. this is preloaded as a freebee withthe hosting company.....no folder called catalogue which leads into the other folders...is this a problem.

server info.

Apache version 1.3.36 (Unix)

MySQL version 4.1.21-standard

PHP version 4.4.2

Have no idea how to change things in php if I have to.....nothing if ever free is it. oooooh simple ecommerce package combined with fab hosting. Could this e why they now favour agora cart (crap), could there be some conflict.........please help.

desperate mum, trying to get this to work.....2 1/2 year old climbing on my back.....14 week old baby in other arm.............help

Are the other parts of your admin working besides not being able to locate the modules? If so, check out your configure.php file in admin/includes and see if you have these definitions set correctly. In my example below, I do have a separate location for my catalog which is a folder called mystore so you can follow below.

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/mystore/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG); //keep this, otherwise you lose module setups

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

If you have your catalog in your root directory then you can just remove the /mystore/ reference above. I just went through the same issue, so I really hope this helps you out! :thumbsup:

Are the other parts of your admin working besides not being able to locate the modules? If so, check out your configure.php file in admin/includes and see if you have these definitions set correctly. In my example below, I do have a separate location for my catalog which is a folder called mystore so you can follow below.

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/mystore/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG); //keep this, otherwise you lose module setups

If you have your catalog in your root directory then you can just remove the /mystore/ reference above. I just went through the same issue, so I really hope this helps you out! :thumbsup:

no joy! php file is as above all seems fine...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah still no modules.

Everything else s fine. Just the modules

no joy! php file is as above all seems fine...........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah still no modules.

Everything else s fine. Just the modules

I would keep playing around with the module path, then. I know I had a problem with my image folder. It all seemed like it was setup appropriately and other functions and includes all worked using the same path. Eventually, I just went in and rewrote the path for that one particular directory by putting in ../images which made it back up one folder and then locate. This made it work.

So, when you click on the Modules button, it should show you a path down at the bottom in middle section of where it is pointed to. It should say this:

Module Directory: www/store/includes/modules/payment (I'm viewing the payments modules)

So, in my site, the root directory where all of my web docs are stored is www and then I have the subdirectory for the store, which is /store/. Maybe you can look at this to help you redirect the path on your site.

I know how frustrating this can be so I hope this helps.

I would keep playing around with the module path, then. I know I had a problem with my image folder. It all seemed like it was setup appropriately and other functions and includes all worked using the same path. Eventually, I just went in and rewrote the path for that one particular directory by putting in ../images which made it back up one folder and then locate. This made it work.

So, when you click on the Modules button, it should show you a path down at the bottom in middle section of where it is pointed to. It should say this:

Module Directory: www/store/includes/modules/payment (I'm viewing the payments modules)

So, in my site, the root directory where all of my web docs are stored is www and then I have the subdirectory for the store, which is /store/. Maybe you can look at this to help you redirect the path on your site.

I know how frustrating this can be so I hope this helps.

sorry to be a bit thick ...but where do I change the payment modules path?..thanks for help..will try this if you can help me with the above.

This may or maynot help..

But, my hosting site setup osCommerce for me also.. I have the file:

www.mydomain.com/catalog/includes/local/configure.php

and

www.mydomain.com/admin/includes/local/configure.php

These two files override some of the personalized settings in the configure.php files.. like:

HTTP_SERVER AND DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT AND DB_SERVER AND DB_SERVER_USERNAME, ETC....

Check to see if this file is setup.. if so, you need to make sure your information is in there rather than in the normal domain/catalog/includes/configure.php file. As this "local" file overrides the normal one.

-Nancy

This may or maynot help..

But, my hosting site setup osCommerce for me also.. I have the file:

www.mydomain.com/catalog/includes/local/configure.php

and

www.mydomain.com/admin/includes/local/configure.php

These two files override some of the personalized settings in the configure.php files.. like:

HTTP_SERVER AND DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT AND DB_SERVER AND DB_SERVER_USERNAME, ETC....

Check to see if this file is setup.. if so, you need to make sure your information is in there rather than in the normal domain/catalog/includes/configure.php file. As this "local" file overrides the normal one.

-Nancy

sorry ...still no joy....here is my configure.php setting can anyone see anythign wrong?

// define our webserver variables

// FS = Filesystem (physical)

// WS = Webserver (virtual)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://a-gift-tae-gie.co.uk/osc'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://a-gift-tae-gie.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://a-gift-tae-gie.co.uk/osc');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/osc/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Hi,

If you go to the payment and shipping modules section can you take a screenshot and post it here? (Load it up, press Prt Scr on the keyboard - go into your graphics program and paste the image).

Also if you go to Tools -> Server info then copy the 'Environment' and 'PHP Variables' section here.

Tom

Edited by perfectpassion

also Check to see if there's any file in these two folders: catalog/includes/modules/payments, and catalog/includes/modules/shipping. You should see about 10 and 6 php files in these folders, respectively, on a default/standard set up.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this same problem after copying all my files into a new domain to create a new store using my contribution modified files.

I fixed this problem of modules not showing by carefully reviewing these two files:

.....catalog/includes/configure.php

and

.....catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

No new 'define' statements were needed, just simple careful corrections to these files and now my modules show and my file manager shows.

I hope this helps, and thank you to all the others who contribute as well!

I had a very similar problem after a domain migration.

Set the configure.php and configuration.php files to the new server, but then had to set the paths too (found it by double-checking against another store's details - one that I knew was working just fine).

This is now at least getting payments through, but it's not listing the orders in the admin, so back to the drawing board (and a hunt through here first).

so thank you all for the thorough detail here - it's helped me hugely (my osCommerce bod is no longer with me so having to get stuck in myself - argh).

Thanks

Barbara