• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

free shipping by categories support

mshethwala

Thanks for the contribution. This fills a real need for us, and I hope to be able to get it operational very soon.

The install process went fine. I originally installed the first version uploaded. Although it installed without issue it seemed, the problem we saw was that once an item from the appropriate category was added to the shopping cart, the Free Shipping option was there, but there was no radio button to select it! Nothing I did seemed to fix that, and I ultimately uninstalled the module because of it.

We just installed the newer version, and I'm having the same problem. The free shipping option is on the checkout page, in the right place, with no way to select it. All the other shipping choices are fine. Also, the new version is supposed to have a category multiselect, but somehow, information from the former install seems to be cached in the database, or somewhere. The freecat adminstration module still displays in the configuration options "Category List" and wants me to input the categories with commas as before. I checked the newly uploaded freecats english definition file and the freecats module file, and they are the new ones and don't even HAVE the word "commas" in them. I have NO idea where that data is coming from. I did notice that the category list field still had the category number I had input from the first install, so whereever that data is being held... it's stuck.

*Wierd*

So... the lack of radio button is the really big deal, but the old data despite the newly replaced freecat files is baffling me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

K...

I fixed the problems. I dumped the table with the old data from the database, and reinstalled the module which put the new data in.

That fixed the problems with the category selection and with the radio button.

Hooray!

But...

I'm offering free shipping on salt and pepper shakers, category 56. If someone adds shakers to their cart, I want the shipping to be free. However, if someone adds a cookie jar too, I do NOT want the entire order to be shipped free. Unfortunately, at this moment, that's exactly what happens.

Any item added to the cart from the selected "free shipping" category makes the whole order free, no matter what else is added to the cart. Is that the way this is supposed to work? I would think it would be better if non-category items had their normal shipping price charged, in the event of a "mixed cart".

Wouldn't that make sense?

Michelle

I was wondering if anyone knows the easiest way to add minimum cart amount support to this contribution. I am trying to make it so that in order to get free shipping as an option they have to only have items within one category and at least $100 worth... as well as less than 4 of any one item... any help would be GREATLY appreciated. GREATLY. Thanks.

• 11 months later...
K...

I fixed the problems. I dumped the table with the old data from the database, and reinstalled the module which put the new data in.

That fixed the problems with the category selection and with the radio button.

Hooray!

But...

I'm offering free shipping on salt and pepper shakers, category 56. If someone adds shakers to their cart, I want the shipping to be free. However, if someone adds a cookie jar too, I do NOT want the entire order to be shipped free. Unfortunately, at this moment, that's exactly what happens.

Any item added to the cart from the selected "free shipping" category makes the whole order free, no matter what else is added to the cart. Is that the way this is supposed to work? I would think it would be better if non-category items had their normal shipping price charged, in the event of a "mixed cart".

Wouldn't that make sense?

Michelle

Well since no one has responded to any questions regarding this contribution, I should probably give up hope of finding out if this is the way it was designed to work, or if it's just buggy. Too bad...

• 4 weeks later...