• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pbpBB2 and osC shared account creation

anderskiel

Just out of curiousity what is the difference between your contrib and the other one PHPBB 2.0.8a implementation?

Also you say you have it set-up that users sign-up through osC, is there a way to have it the other way around? That way the user can come back later and add the rest of the fields when they want to buy something?

Powered By osC 2.2RC2a STS 4.5.8 - HTC 2.6.3 - FP 1.5.9 - BCH 1.0.0

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that phpBB 2.08a is obsolete, the latest version is phpBB 2.0.21 and the implementation seems not working anymore.

My code is not completed and need more works to make it stable. Users sign-in from either end will go to the same file - catalog/login.php - which is by osC not phpbb. New user registration form either end will go to catalog/create_account.php and create the user record in both osC and phpBB table.

Users will not notice the difference when they login from phpbb, for they are sending back to phpbb index page automatically.

I have a stable implementation in my live store, need more time to clean up the code and upload it as a new package.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

• 1 month later...

phpBB2 Integration v1.0 - click here to download

for osCommerce 2.2 MS2 Update 060817 or later

with phpBB 2.0.22

v1.0

2006/12/22 04:50pm GMT+08:00 update by alexstudio

Description

Based on pbpBB2 and osC shared account creation v0.2 by anderskiel

and PHPBB 2.0.8a implementation in oscommerce ms2 by chaveiro

and partially from phpBB-osCommerce Bridge version 1.1 by gabrielk

This is for integrating phpBB into osCommerce, including following features:

• Shared database. Only one MySQL database needed for both osCommerce and phpBB. phpBB installation will create its own tables in your existing database.
  • Shared account creation. Accounts are all created in osCommerce, and mirrored to phpBB. Users register new accounts in phpBB will be redirected to use the create_account.php form in osCommerce. Existing osCommerce customers' data will be inserted to phpBB automatically when they login next time.
  • Shared login/logoff and secured by IP checking. Unified login page, and stay logged in/off when switching from osCommerce to phpBB and vise cersa. Coded to check user IP when switching side. The quick login in phpBB has been standardized to use email address. osCommerce session time lengthened from 24mins to 24hrs, to keep users logged in with osCommerce when accessing phpBB. Auto login option in phpBB removed to prevent logging in users to cart unaware. This is to make your site more user friendly, no need to login again when switching sides, and keep everything seamless as a single website.
  • Added Username in account creation. Username field has been added to the create account form in osCommerce. This username is required, and will check existing usernames in database for collision. Old customers will have their usernames generated automatically when they login the next time, with first name + last initial + random 4-digit number.
  • Synchronized account info. Users can change their email address and password from either osCommerce or phpBB, and automatically synchronized on the other side.
  • phpBB admin secured by using .htaccess password protection, don't need to login phpBB prior to access admin page anymore.
  • Compatible with Ultimate SEO URLs in the first place. Don't need to modify seo codes.

This contribution is to fully integrate phpBB into osCommerce. Users will not notice a thing when switching from one side to the other. Extra security check hardcoded to prevent hacking. Minimized file modifications for easier installation.

This contribution was developed with phpBB 2.0.21, and updated to 2.0.22 at the last minute before releasing. If you have phpbb 2.0.21 installed, you can apply this contrib manually by using file comparing tools like WinMerge.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

STEP 2.5

----------------------------------------------------

open catalog/account_password.php

Fine: (Line 105 in the original file)

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, $sql_data_array, 'update', "customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$customer_default_address_id . "'");

Add after:

//// BOF phpBB2 Integration v1.0

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PHPBB_USERS . " set user_email = '$email_address' where user_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

//// EOF phpBB2 Integration v1.0

Seems to be a duplicate of step 2.4 ? is this a typo ? because that code is not in account_password.php

Sorry, it is a typo in the install.html

Here is the correct Step 2.5:

open catalog/account_password.php

Fine: (Line 51 in the original file)

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " set customers_info_date_account_last_modified = now() where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

Add after:

//// BOF phpBB2 Integration v1.0
// #CHAVEIRO16# BEGIN PHPBB2 
	$sql_data_array = array('user_password' =>  md5($password_new),
							'user_session_time' => time());							  
	tep_db_perform(TABLE_PHPBB_USERS, $sql_data_array,'update', "user_id = '" . tep_db_input($customer_id) . "'");
// #CHAVEIRO16# END PHPBB2
//// EOF phpBB2 Integration v1.0

That's it.

phpBB2 Integration v1.0 Fix - 2006/12/28 GMT+08:00

Only changed the Install.html.

--------------------------------

Fixed typos in

• STEP 2.5 - was identical to STEP 2.4 by mistake.
  • STEP 2.6 - corrected fine line xx in original....

Changed in

STEP 2.7 and STEP 2.15 - defined the optional new buttons in a better way for easier multi-language development

--------------------------------

Full package.

Thankyou very much

I'm nearly there

only problem I'm having now is when I try and log in through phpbb2

I'm being directed to the following url :

https://yourdomain.com/catalog/login.php?ac...amp;sid=........

where is this link coming from ?

It'll do the same if I try and register through phpbb2 ?

Ross, it seems to me that you didn't change the path defenitions mentioned in STEP 1.2:

Open phpbb2/includes/trans_osc.php and make necessary changes to define both your http/https url and the path where your /catalog is located.

uploaded another fix again for typo....

corrected Fine: (Line xx in original file) to Find: (Line xx in original file)

everywhere in the Install.html

What was I doing....probably lack of good sleep.... <_<

Sorry it was late - I was missing whole sections ! lol

I don't have HTTPS running or available for my site, do I just take the line :

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.********.co.uk');

out of the "trans_osc.php" file

or simply edit the url to become plain old "http" :

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://www.********.co.uk');

I will be using Paypal intially so I pressume I do not have any need for https on my site as I'm not handling financial data.

Ok, I'm getting really confused with User_id's

can you clarify the requirements upon first login on a fresh install of both oscommerce and phpbb2.

When I look in customers table there is the default oscommerce user jon Doe with customr_id "1"

When I look in phpbb_users there are already 2 entries :

"Anonymous" holds user_id "-1"

"user I set in phpbb2 install" holds "2"

Am I supposed to delete or rename these ?

when I log in on phpbb2 side then move into cart and try to logout it goes to "The page cannot be displayed"

I assume this is something to do with user_id although I'm not sure

Any help would be much appreciated

Ross

the #1 user_id created by phpBB installation actually is "2". So, if you have customer_id=2 as an admin in the store, then you don't need to worry about it.

when I log in on phpbb2 side then move into cart and try to logout it goes to "The page cannot be displayed"

could you please tell me the url where you get this?

Thanks Alex, it was a typo in "trans_osc.php" that caused the above error.

Now I have this running I hope to integrate it into not only the phpbb2 forum but a portal front page as well - which should use this template : http://www.ezportalplus.oftheweek.de/portal.php

I am considering 2 options :

1. taking the login box found on the portal page off altogether leaving just the header login button

2. editing the code on the portal login box to match the one used on the phpbb2 page (at the bottom)

what you you advise as the best option ?

My main concern is if there will be any conflicts with passing session ID's around - logged in / logged off status if I add a portal page into the mix ?

Thanks again for all your help

Ross

:

:

I am considering 2 options :

1. taking the login box found on the portal page off altogether leaving just the header login button

2. editing the code on the portal login box to match the one used on the phpbb2 page (at the bottom)

:

:

I'm checking the ezportalplus package, but I may not be able to handle it.

Currently I would suggest to use the header login button, and/or the quick login form at the bottom. I need to check that portal login box and see if I can do anything with it. No guarantee.

Oh your a star - it would be great if you could, I'm going to be working on it tomorrow as well.

The guy who's created ezportalplus has just updated it's to use phpbb2 v. 2.0.22 so that's helped a little.

I've been up late tonight trying to figure out paypal integration :blink:

Oh your a star - it would be great if you could, I'm going to be working on it tomorrow as well.

The guy who's created ezportalplus has just updated it's to use phpbb2 v. 2.0.22 so that's helped a little.

I've been up late tonight trying to figure out paypal integration :blink:

well, I think it's in the tpl file templates/subSilverPlus/portal_body.tpl

Find:

<tr>
	<td class="row1"><span class="gensmall" style="line-height=150%">
	<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="{U_PORTAL}" />
	{L_USERNAME}:<br /><input class="text" type="text" name="username" size="15" /><br />
	{L_PASSWORD}:<br /><input class="text" type="password" name="password" size="15" /><br />
	<input class="text" type="checkbox" name="autologin" /> {L_REMEMBER_ME}<br/>
	<input type="submit" class="mainoption" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" /><br /><br /><a href="{U_SEND_PASSWORD}">{L_SEND_PASSWORD}</a><br /><br />{L_REGISTER_NEW_ACCOUNT}<br /> </span></td>
   </tr>

and try to modify it to:

<tr>
	<td class="row1"><span class="gensmall" style="line-height=150%">
	<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="{U_PORTAL}" />
	{L_USERNAME_EMIAL}:<br /><input class="text" type="text" name="email_address" size="15" /><br />
	{L_PASSWORD}:<br /><input class="text" type="password" name="password" size="15" /><br />
	<input type="submit" class="mainoption" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" /><br /><br /><a href="{U_SEND_PASSWORD}">{L_SEND_PASSWORD}</a><br /><br />{L_REGISTER_NEW_ACCOUNT}<br /> </span></td>
   </tr>

I didn't have this ezportalplus installed, so I couldn't test this modification. You need to test it by yourself.

Excellent, thankyou - the chap that made Ezportal made alot of other changes in the phpbb2 files so I've been going through your phpbb2 folder files in the contrib and detailed every change made so I can duplicate them into ezportal's along with the code you mention for portal_body.php

I'll let you know how it goes and post the link when I've got her running.

How secure would you rate this contrib for a live site taking regular orders ?

About the security level, this contrib stores session_id for both sides in database, and checks user ip when switching from store to forum if users logged in. It also checks to prevent database injection when login/logoff, and uses HTTPS protocol to login users. It has everything.

The only concern would probably be the session lifetime for the store, for it has been lengthened to 24hours to keep users looged in when surfing in the forum. If the user was using a public computer and forgot to logoff before he left, then the next person used that computer could still be logged in with the store.

Edited by AlexStudio

Getting there slowly on this portal integration !

First I'm trying to find out why I can't enter the basic SQL statement to add the "trans_phpbb" table

I get this error in MyAdmin :

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nas03l/l/layersoflight.co.uk/user/htdocs/MyAdmin/libraries/header_meta_style.inc.php:27) in /home/nas03l/l/layersoflight.co.uk/user/htdocs/MyAdmin/libraries/common.lib.php on line 1154

I've just installed the latest copy of phpMyAdmin 2.9.1.1 - not sure if this is the problem !

then I get this error when I try to get into anything to do with the cart :

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/nas03l/l/layersoflight.co.uk/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

Fixed the first error by downgrading MyAdmin :huh: strange !

but can't figure out why Mysql is not connecting on my new host - they use an IP instead of "localhost" to define DB hmmm

Regarding the 24 hour thing - wouldn't it be better at about 1 hour ? 24 would be one long reading session on the old forums !

Edited by rossoe

Dear Alex,

Ross gave me the hint to install you contribution because it is working.

I just installed it and nearly all of my boxes vanished :huh:

Do you have any idea what happend???

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Nop, you probably didn't install it correctly. Please follow the install guide carefully.

Regarding the 24 hour thing - wouldn't it be better at about 1 hour ? 24 would be one long reading session on the old forums !

It's up to you to set the session lifetime. The reason for the 24 hour setting is that if users visit your site agin in the same day, they don't need to login again.

Nop, you probably didn't install it correctly. Please follow the install guide carefully.

Hi Alex,

I found my problem. It is in the /catalog/includes/boxes/information.php

Here is my old information.php:

<!-- information //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new InformationBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTER, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_NEWSLETTER . '</a><br>' . //Maillist

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_IMPRESSUM) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_IMPRESSUM . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_LINKS . '</a><br>' . // VJ Links Manager v1.00 added

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' );

new InformationBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- information_eof //-->

Here is my new one:

<!-- information //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new InformationBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTER, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_NEWSLETTER . '</a><br>' . //Maillist

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_IMPRESSUM) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_IMPRESSUM . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'trans_phpbb.php">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PHPBB . '</a>').

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_LINKS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_LINKS . '</a><br>' . // VJ Links Manager v1.00 added

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FEATURED_PRODUCTS) . '">' . BOX_CATALOG_FEATURED_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' );

new InformationBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- information_eof //-->

Any idea???

Daniel