• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pbpBB2 and osC shared account creation

anderskiel

I install the phpBB2 Integration (Awesome script!) but I am having one minor problem.

Rather than having my forum at http://mydomain.com/forums, I have it in a subdomain at http://forums.mydomain.com.

The problem I'm having is

1. When I'm on my osCommerce site and I click on the "Forum" link at bottom left of the page, it tries to find the forum at http://mydomain.com/forums rather than my subdomain.

2. When I'm on my Forums page and I click on the "Catalog" link at the top right of menu options, it tries the find my osCommerce site at http://forums.mydomain.com.

I just can't figure out how to direct them to the correct path.

Any help you can give would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I've installed this successfully locally (with one exception). I'm running OSC060817, PHPBB 2.0.22, PHP 5, MySQL 5. Accounts are created successfully in both (OSC and Forum) but when I try and login - the page just refreshes. It does not log me in to either the store or the Forum. I cannot get past the login page.

Any ideas??

thanks!

Jason

Hi, I had the same issue as Jason did. I created an account via the store, and it worked seemlessly if I login using that account from the store front. I can access both the forum and the store. However, if I loged out(from either the store or the forum), and then tried to log in again from the forum side, it will just redirect me bak to the forum index page. It did not look like I was logged in. I understand that clicking the forum quick login button will actually post logins to the store login page and then gets redirected back to the forum index page. If I typed the wrong password for that account when I tried to login from the forum side, it would show an error message on the store login page. so I think when I typed in the correct password and was redirected back to the forum index page meant that I passed the store login page correctly and should be logged into both the forum and store. However, it did not seem to be the case....

am I missing something here?

I am testing this locally, I really did not see testing this locally vs testing it from a remote connection would make any difference here..

• 1 month later...

Dear Alex,

I would like to thank you for your fantastic contrib!

I did not take long to setup up and the instructions were quite easy.

Even though I think I did everything the way you instructed I still have a feeling I did something wrong.

When a user logins in oscommerce and they click on the forum button, they will be transferred to the forum and logged in.

However when they click on the oscommerce button in the forum (the one next to register in the top right side of the screen) they will be transferred back to the oscommerce site, but are no longer logged in.

Also if you would go straight to the forum and try to login, you will be taken to the oscommerce page to login, and after you have logged in you will be taken back to the forum, but no login has occurred.

I have no idea if these things are on purpose. But if you could think of anything I did wrong I'm all ears.

Stat

Dear Alex,

I would like to thank you for your fantastic contrib!

I did not take long to setup up and the instructions were quite easy.

Even though I think I did everything the way you instructed I still have a feeling I did something wrong.

When a user logins in oscommerce and they click on the forum button, they will be transferred to the forum and logged in.

However when they click on the oscommerce button in the forum (the one next to register in the top right side of the screen) they will be transferred back to the oscommerce site, but are no longer logged in.

Also if you would go straight to the forum and try to login, you will be taken to the oscommerce page to login, and after you have logged in you will be taken back to the forum, but no login has occurred.

I have no idea if these things are on purpose. But if you could think of anything I did wrong I'm all ears.

Stat

I basically found out that my cokes path in cataloh/includes/configure.php was not configured correctly.

I had no idea that the HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN was without "http://www."

I then changed HTTP_COOKIE_PATH to "/catalog" and it worked!

I now remain logged in.

• 1 month later...

Hi paul,

i have the same problem, can i know how you solve it?

- login from store and goto forum, not login

- login from forum and goto store, its both login

help!

Hi,

I just installed this awesome contribution! Im having one trouble with it though... When I login from the store and navigate to the forums, i realize it hasnt logged me in on the forums. When I login on the forums (after i logoff from the store) it logs me into both places... Whats goin on here?

Thanks for all the help!

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One problem i have at the moment is that i have a modified version of PHPBB, and in the install, you just say replace the files... now i cannot do this due to having a modified version.

Do you just have the change log of the phpbb files?

• 2 months later...

Hello @ all,

I've got a Problem. If someone would register to the forum he gets an ERROR:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /usr/export/www/hosting/legat28/catalog/create_account.php on line 638

I could find any mistake - someone an idea ?!?

The same happend at login.php

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /usr/export/www/hosting/legat28/catalog/login.php on line 366

Thanks for help.

Aranja

Edited by aranjabrix

• 1 month later...

So... no one knows how to integrate osc with phpbb3 ? It would be great! I've switched to phpbb3, I can't downgrade and I really need them to be integrated. And I saw there are others... Unforunately it's over my head, I 'd love to be able to do it, but I can't so I have to ask for help and hope that some one skilled will need this too. :blush:

• 2 years later...