• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Confirmation Emails

Certek

First and foremost, thanks in advance for your time and reply. I have been setting up a new shop and like a lot of others learning on the fly. I have been able to figure out how to configure the text base order confirmation details by removing blank lines and such. All is well on that front. However, when I do a test order using the check or money order payment option the confirmation email put my business address on the bottom of the email so my customer knows where to send payment. It looks like this:

Send To:

Real Deal Tools

507 Acorn Lane

Harrisburg, PA 17125

USA

Your order will not ship until we receive payment.

What I want to do is remove all the blank lines and have it look like below. I can't find the file that controls this. Again, this is only presented if the check or money order is required for payment. Thanks again for your reply and help.

Send To:

Real Deal Tools

507 Acorn Lane

Harrisburg, PA 17125

USA

Your order will not ship until we receive payment.

If your mail is text baseed, then in remove "\n" or "\r\n" to remone the blank lines or spaces

If html based then remove "<br>" form your mail message

Thanks for the quick reply. My email is text based and I know to remove the "\n" or "\r\n". The problem is finding the correct file within osCommerce to make these changes. I can't find the files that control that output.

Thanks for the quick reply. My email is text based and I know to remove the "\n" or "\r\n". The problem is finding the correct file within osCommerce to make these changes. I can't find the files that control that output.

The email code is in the file "checkout_process.php" file near about at line no. 223. In fact for order confirmation the email goes from that file in OscOmmerce.

Hard Work Is The Simplest Way Of Success

The email code is in the file "checkout_process.php" file near about at line no. 223. In fact for order confirmation the email goes from that file in OscOmmerce.

I did more digging on this and found out a couple of things. First, you are correct in that checkout_process.php does controls the output above the section I am asking about. I am dealing with a check/money order payment and that output configuration is controlled by moneyorder.php in catalog/languages/english/modules/payment.

Here is my code that controls this:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER', "Make Check/Money Order Payable To: ". MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO . "\nSend Check/Money Order To:\r" . STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . "\n" . 'Please note your order will not ship until we receive clear payment. Allow 7-10 days for checks to clear.');

I have made some changes from my first entry. I figured out that the only thing that controls the address and how it looks in embedded within the STORE_NAME_ADDRESS variable. This variable is set up within your store administration. I changed it around a bit but could not get the spaces to go away. Some how there has to be a way to control this but I don't know the answer.

Steve

I did more digging on this and found out a couple of things. First, you are correct in that checkout_process.php does controls the output above the section I am asking about. I am dealing with a check/money order payment and that output configuration is controlled by moneyorder.php in catalog/languages/english/modules/payment.

Here is my code that controls this:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER', "Make Check/Money Order Payable To: ". MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO . "\nSend Check/Money Order To:\r" . STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . "\n" . 'Please note your order will not ship until we receive clear payment. Allow 7-10 days for checks to clear.');

I have made some changes from my first entry. I figured out that the only thing that controls the address and how it looks in embedded within the STORE_NAME_ADDRESS variable. This variable is set up within your store administration. I changed it around a bit but could not get the spaces to go away. Some how there has to be a way to control this but I don't know the answer.

Steve

I tried a bunch of things to no avail. Had to remove the call to STORE_NAME_ADDRESS and hard-code my store name and address to solve the problem. Not a biggie.

Archived