• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Input please

DO these lasers have a unique id or batch number? Serial number? Mfg date that can be used to compare your replacement to the custmers broken one? If their mfg date is a year ago and your "new original" products are made 2 months ago you could determine the validity of the return. If not you will have to assume that not everyone is trying to screw you and that it may happen once in a while. Unfortunately that the cost of an online store.

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

For your return policy, it really depends on how you want to handle it. If you can't determine by serial number or anything similar that the returned item is one bought from you, there is no solution. Thing is, you can't exclude returns for items with removed ESD points, if this is the only way to check if it works. Anyway, above was mentioned to just take the risk.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Archived