• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags problem

jpweber

Hello. I have 2.5.9 installed fine. But I do need German. So I downloaded 2.5.9.1, which is the exact same contribution, same files, instructions, same install, etc., but it includes the German language header tag files. I uploaded all the German header tags files to the german folders, etc., and everything works ... index page, categories, login, create account, privacy statement, etc..

The only thing that doesn't work is when I actually go to an actual product. Then the page cannot be displayed/found. Anyone know what I did wrong, or what I can do? Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

The difference with that page is that it reads the header tags information in from the database. My guess is that you don't have the database setup for German. Try going to admin->Header Tags->Fill Tags, selecting German and fill them all in.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and reply, Jack, but that wasn't it. All header tags are filled for English, Spanish, and German. The two SQL files (from the 2.5.9 version and the German version) are identical. Everything is identical, except the German version 2.5.9.1 has the German header tags php files, which I've put it.

So it's something from the database. And it's on the catalog side, not the admin side, right? I really gotta figure this one out; it's too important. Thanks again for taking the time to read the post, Jack.

Jason

Simple 1-2-3 Intructions on how to get, install and configure SSL

The Google Sandbox explained

Simple to follow instructions on how to change the look of your OSC

How To Make A Horrible OSC Website

my toolbox: All things WordPress-related - All things Adobe-related - PHP Designer 2007 - Codecanyon Junkie - Crimson Editor - Winmerge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP

my installed contributions: Category Banners, File Upload feature-.77, Header Tags, Sort_Product_Attributes_1, XSellv2.3, Price Break 1.11.2, wishlist 3.5, rollover_category_images_v1.2, Short_Description_v2.1, UPSXML_v1_2_3, quickbooks qbi_v2_10, allprods v4.4, Mouseover-effect for image-buttons 1.0, Ultimate_SEO, AAP 1.41, Auto Select State Value, Fast Easy Checkout, Dynamic SiteMap v2.0, Image Magic, Links Manager 1.14, Featured Products, Customer Testimonials, Article Manager, FAQ System, and I'm sure more ...

Archived