• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order update email in customer language

guntersammet

Hi all:

While working on some other contributions I added a little functionality to the order update email. Have a look at: http://oscommerce.sammysolutions.com/showc...amp;action=edit to see what I mean. I added a select to select the language the email should be sent at. Also added a field to the database to capture the order language. If this is set, it automatically suggests that language. Besides that I added a little selector box where you can select default comments in the respective language (there is currently no admin tool for the comments).

Just been wondering if this would be of some interest to the community. If yes, I'll try to package it as a contribution.

Any input appreciated!

Cheers,

Gunter

hi gunter,

this is a nice addition and I think it works great

except for the order comments.

I currently am using an existing order comments contribution which adds the comments i.s.o. replacing the complete text. I think that would be more approriate.

Also the contribution I use allows for input which then gets formatted correctly, for instance to compose a tracking url.

Yours and that contribution combined would be ideal :)

Carine

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

hi gunter,

this is a nice addition and I think it works great

except for the order comments.

I currently am using an existing order comments contribution which adds the comments i.s.o. replacing the complete text. I think that would be more approriate.

Also the contribution I use allows for input which then gets formatted correctly, for instance to compose a tracking url.

Yours and that contribution combined would be ideal :)

Carine

Hi Carine:

Can you please point me to that contribution.

Thanks,

Gunter

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• 1 month later...

Hi Gunter,

Just been wondering if this would be of some interest to the community. If yes, I'll try to package it as a contribution.

Just what I was looking for! So yes please a contribution would be nice or if You havent got the time is there a way to get Your changed files so I could try figuring it out myself?

best regards

Christoph

• 1 month later...

Been working on it today to improve it a bit. Have again a look at http://oscommerce.sammysolutions.com/showc...amp;action=edit

Additionally I added an edit tool for the order comments:

http://oscommerce.sammysolutions.com/showc...us_comments.php

Settings should be pretty self explanatory. You can add placeholders to the comment. Convention is <<|your question here|>> (tag starts with <<| and ends with |>>, the text inbetween is the question for the prompt box. Have a look at the fourth and fifth comment.

Please have a look and let me know if there are any bugs. Will try to package it up sometime this week!

Cheers,

Gunter

• 3 weeks later...