• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RSS Feed 0.8.3 and SEO URLS

Trout69

Hi All,

I've been trying to install this contribution for a couple of days, at present it works but is not using my SEO urls, but the standard ones. I know these will still go to the correct product page but would like these SEO versions to still appear in the Feed.

There is a line of text in rss.php which looks like it is suppose to fix this problem, but unfortunately it doesnt appear to work, unless i have missed something:

// RSS Links for Ultimate SEO (Gareth Houston 10 May 2005)
 $link = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $id);

Unfortunately my search for a solution to this issue has not unfolded any answers as the support thread appears to be more questions rather than solutions.

Any ideas, or if you have this working correctly can you please let me know.

Best Regards

Donna

• 2 weeks later...

I used this contrib out of the box & it works fine wth my Ultimate SEO URLs. The BIG problem is that it claism to be a "Catalog Feed" yet it only builds a file based on the products on my index page. This measn the RSS feed has only 20 items showing, not the 3,400 I actuall have in the database!

Am I doing somethign wrong, is this how RSS is supposed to work, or is this a bug?

Thanks.

Mike

Hi All,

I've been trying to install this contribution for a couple of days, at present it works but is not using my SEO urls, but the standard ones. I know these will still go to the correct product page but would like these SEO versions to still appear in the Feed.

There is a line of text in rss.php which looks like it is suppose to fix this problem, but unfortunately it doesnt appear to work, unless i have missed something:

// RSS Links for Ultimate SEO (Gareth Houston 10 May 2005)
 $link = tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $id);

Unfortunately my search for a solution to this issue has not unfolded any answers as the support thread appears to be more questions rather than solutions.

Any ideas, or if you have this working correctly can you please let me know.

Best Regards

Donna

• 2 months later...

Hi Mike,

I had the same issue and corrected it on the rss.php file as shown below:

// Create SQL statement

$category = $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'];

if ($category != '') {

// Check to see if we are in a subcategory

if (strrpos($category, '_') > 0) {

$category = substr($category, strrpos($category, '_') + 1, strlen($category));

}

$sql = 'SELECT p.products_id, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_tax_class_id FROM products p, products_to_categories pc WHERE p.products_id = pc.products_id AND pc.categories_id = \'' . $category . '\' AND products_status=1 ORDER BY products_id DESC LIMIT ' . 146;

} else {

$sql = 'SELECT products_id, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_tax_class_id FROM products WHERE products_status=1 ORDER BY products_id DESC LIMIT ' . 146;

}

Replace the number "146" (my total number of products), in two places, with 3400 (your total number of products) and all your products should now display.

I hope this helps,

DP

I used this contrib out of the box & it works fine wth my Ultimate SEO URLs. The BIG problem is that it claism to be a "Catalog Feed" yet it only builds a file based on the products on my index page. This measn the RSS feed has only 20 items showing, not the 3,400 I actuall have in the database!

Am I doing somethign wrong, is this how RSS is supposed to work, or is this a bug?

Thanks.

Mike

Hi, I have get two warnings or one error after installed this.

First, the installation is simple. But, if I use the original file I downloaded, which, seems to be a MAC-TEXT format file. After I browser to rss.php, in this case it is on my oscommerce lab site: http://perfectillusion.net/catalog/rss.php, it shows there is a syntax error saying, unexpected T_REQUIRE somethings at the first line which require the application_top.php.

The second is after I convert the file into a UNIX-TEXT format, and uploaded it again to overwrite the original one, this time the error goes away, but shows two warnings:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/perfect/public_html/catalog/rss.php:1) in /home/perfect/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/perfect/public_html/catalog/rss.php:1) in /home/perfect/public_html/catalog/rss.php on line 72

What are these all about?

I use this contribution before, this problem never poped up.

Strange! :'( Could anyone help me check through this?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...