• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Checkout Level 2

Is there anyway to get the Google Checkout Level 2 contribution to work without the Lib XML? I asked my web hosting company about whether or not LibXML is installed and here is what I was told:

-------

PHP 4 offers the XML extension, whereas PHP 5 will be moving to the DOM extension:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.dom.php

The "DOM XML" extension you have pointed out is deprecated in PHP 5 and no longer usable in production environment... We cannot install it into PHP 4, because it will collide with the existing expat driven XML extension...

PHP 5 is under development and plans are moving towards upgrading to PHP5 in the future and you would need to check with the script author to see if it has been updated for PHP 5's new DOM extension.

-------

Is there anything I can change in the code so it is does not rely on the LibXML extention?

Thanks.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

derrickh,

Thank you for the contribution! I've installed 0.6 succesfully. I do have some issues though and hope you can help.

Where is google checkout pulling the shipping amount from?

When a customer is not logged in and uses google checkout, Google it is retrieving a shipping amount much higher than what the FedEx rates presented to a normally logged in customer would be. We use FedEx direct 2.04, quoting FedEx Ground or FedEx Home rates, and is our only shipping choice offered except for request for quote...

When a logged in customer (with account) uses google checkout, google is unable to retrieve any shipping amounts

Here is my site

I currently have google checkout disabled until I reslove this shipping issue, but can enable it as needed for testing. Thanks for the help!

Dave

this is the information available in the google integration log related to this issue:

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Error on line 3: The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.

XML We Received:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<merchant-calculation-results xmlns="http://checkout.google.com/schema/2"><results><result shipping-name="We will contact you with a shipping quote in 1-2 business days.<BR>No shipping charges will be billed at this time.<BR>Your order will not ship until we have received payment.<BR>** Please only select this option for USA orders of 12 repair Kits or greater, <br />and for All international purchases" address-id="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><shipping-rate currency="USD">0.00</shipping-rate><shippable>true</shippable></result><result shipping-name="We will contact you with a shipping quote in 1-2 business days.<BR>No shipping charges will be billed at this time.<BR>Your order will not ship until we have received payment.<BR>** Please only select this option for USA orders of 12 repair Kits or greater, <br />and for All international purchases" address-id="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"><shipping-rate currency="USD">0.00</shipping-rate><shippable>true</shippable></result></results></merchant-calculation-results>
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  fopen(./log.out): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php</b> on line <b>564</b><br />
<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Cannot open './log.out' file. in <b>/xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php</b> on line <b>566</b><br />

I hope this helps towards a solution.

xxxx's are edited for security

-Dave

Also a quick question:

Are we supposed to enter anything in the google checkout sites integration checkout settings page?

"API callback URL"

Specify a URL for Google to notify you of new orders and changes in order state. You must provide the URL of a server running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS.

-Dave

Also a quick question:

Are we supposed to enter anything in the google checkout sites integration checkout settings page?

"API callback URL"

Specify a URL for Google to notify you of new orders and changes in order state. You must provide the URL of a server running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS.

Yes. I'm sorry, thats really important. Really important.

in the API Callback URl you need to put

https://yoursite.com/Google_New_Orders.php

Derrick

When I click on my shopping cart, I have this error right above the Google Checkout button icon.

Warning: dump_mem(): string is not in UTF-8 in /public_html/includes/functions/CheckoutAPIFunctions.php on line 1150

dude, quit repeating your question. I am sure you will get help as soon as the answer is known. Free support means patience some times.

-Dave

dude, quit repeating your question. I am sure you will get help as soon as the answer is known. Free support means patience some times.

When I click on my shopping cart, I have this error right above the Google Checkout button icon.

Warning: dump_mem(): string is not in UTF-8 in /public_html/includes/functions/CheckoutAPIFunctions.php on line 1150

Yes. I'm sorry, thats really important. Really important.

in the API Callback URl you need to put

https://yoursite.com/Google_New_Orders.php

Derrick

Was wondering where the (/Google_New_Orders.php) comes from ?

Also I have checked my scripts and sql from this contrib over and over and I still can't fiqure out why I cannot get the (GoogleCheckout Button) to show up in my shopping cart ..

I have a few contrib's thats been added to my site since Febuary 06, is it possible one of them are interfering with the Button ? I'm at a loss !!! :'(

Any comments welcome,Pleeeese!!

D.Abner

MC

Was wondering where the (/Google_New_Orders.php) comes from ?

Also I have checked my scripts and sql from this contrib over and over and I still can't fiqure out why I cannot get the (GoogleCheckout Button) to show up in my shopping cart ..

I have a few contrib's thats been added to my site since Febuary 06, is it possible one of them are interfering with the Button ? I'm at a loss !!! :'(

Any comments welcome,Pleeeese!!

D.Abner

MC

Never Mind Where did the (Google_New_Orders.php) come from,DUH ... I'm loosing it, :blink:

I will wait around for suggestions on the Button................ :-"

If anyone else has this error:

<b>Warning</b>: fopen(./log.out): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php</b> on line <b>564</b><br />

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot open './log.out' file. in <b>/xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php</b> on line <b>566</b><br />

The Fix is to create an empty file called "log.out" and place it in /catalog/includes/functions/log.out

You then need to set permissions on the file to 666.

Derrickh,

Now that I resolved that problem, I have a new set of xml errors popping up. Any insight of what I am looking at would be helpful. My FedEx shipping amounts being carried to google are still way off the mark. Too high...

Error: Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for body of shipping-rate in merchant-calculation-results/results/result: Required field must not be blank  

Warnings: XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 2, column: 2, with error: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'decimal'.
XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 2, column: 2, with error: cvc-complex-type.2.2: Element 'shipping-rate' must have no element [children], and the value must be valid.
XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 2, column: 2, with error: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'decimal'.
XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 2, column: 2, with error: cvc-complex-type.2.2: Element 'shipping-rate' must have no element [children], and the value must be valid.

-Dave

Below is a part of the <merchant-calculation-results> message :

<result shipping-name="Home Delivery (3 days)" address-id="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">

<shipping-rate currency="USD"></shipping-rate>

<shippable>true</shippable>

</result>

note that the <shipping-rate> element is empty. As the warning message shows, shipping-rate element must have a price specified, such as:

<shipping-rate currency="USD">6.95</shipping-rate>

Any suggestion on where ot what to look at? or why the xml is not picking up the fedex calculated rates?

Thanks for any help

Dave

-Dave

Second error. You cannot click and see Shopping Cart if you have ANY products listed as zero dollars. If a customer puts anything listed as zero dollars, it crashes the shopping cart.

it crashes the osc shopping cart or the google cart?

-Dave

it crashes the osc shopping cart or the google cart?

You can add the product but if you go to Shopping Cart and try to take it out, it won't the link will just crash. I tried going to the admin section and RED'ing the product to see it that will remove it from their shopping cart but it will not.

I don't know about google cart because I did not try it yet.

:'(

Anyone (Derrick, Roaddoctor) tell me what other files would control (call up) showing the goolecheckout Button other than the , Google_Button_Code.php or Shoppin_Cart.php from the .6 contrib ? Some how I'm gooa figure this out even if I have to take my store down and re-install this thing just to find out if it is on of the added contribs that I have installed . I really hate to destroy a (Custom built shop) but I can't understand why no one else has had this problem ! NO BUTTON............

ON THE EDGE...................... :'(

Dan Abner

MC

Might be too obvious,

but have you looked in your administration - configuaration - Google Checkout... and set Enable Google Checkout to TRUE ??

Yeh, I know I'm loosing it (and thats when its the most obvious thing)but I did make sure everything was turned on, I have followed the instructions to the "T" (Examined,observed,looked over carefully,questioned closely), and even though I'm going nutty Yep! I checked it. The only thing I can figure Roaddoctor is everyone has said I have a custom store and all I have is a store bought template from diamondsea and a few contribs that I installed, Supertracker,Ultimate SEO URLs,Page Editor 1.5, AlertPay Payment Module (I tried it with this turned off) and thats about all thats been added, other than that its stock! Just doesn't make sense that the Button will not show. I have read the google API so much I should be able to quote it !

Well Thanks for at least answering my post, I'm still searching,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dan A. :D

MC

Edited by hdabner56

Below is a part of the <merchant-calculation-results> message :

<result shipping-name="Home Delivery (3 days)" address-id="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx">

<shipping-rate currency="USD"></shipping-rate>

<shippable>true</shippable>

</result>

note that the <shipping-rate> element is empty. As the warning message shows, shipping-rate element must have a price specified, such as:

<shipping-rate currency="USD">6.95</shipping-rate>

Derrikh,

Are their any other files in your package that need editing?? Such as the google_button ?

I ask because I am still unable to get google checkout to pick up the correct fedex calculated shipping rate.

Specifically if I change this

$order->delivery['state'] = "VA";

$order->delivery['postcode'] = "23455";

to

$order->delivery['state'] = "TX";

$order->delivery['postcode'] = "77459";

the rates change but are still not accurate compared to the shipping quote given in the normal checkout.

why is VA 23455 hardcoded into your google_button? does it need changing? anything else need to be changed in the file ? other files?

If I make it

$order->delivery['state'] = "";

$order->delivery['postcode'] = "";

Shipping quotes are disabled, and google checkout gives the "you will be contacted with a shipping quote" message. This is how I have it currently set until I can get proper rates to pass thru.

Thanks for the help

Dave

-Dave

If anyone else has this error:

<b>Warning</b>: fopen(./log.out): failed to open stream: Permission denied in <b>/xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php</b> on line <b>564</b><br />

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot open './log.out' file. in <b>/xxx/xxx/xxx/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php</b> on line <b>566</b><br />

The Fix is to create an empty file called "log.out" and place it in /catalog/includes/functions/

Derrickh,

[/code]

CORRECTION:

The Fix is to create an empty file called "log.out" and place it in /catalog/log.out

You then need to set permissions on the file to 666.

-Dave

Well All, I really Hate being a (Pessimist = A person who expects the worst.) But I just do not see this contribution (Google Checkout 2 v .6 ) working right at all.

D.A.

MC :-"

Edited by hdabner56

Well, its working fine for me except for the FedEx shipping quotes not carrying thru...

When an order is placed, google checkout creates an order in the store, but not a customer account... still lots of details that this mod needs for sure...

I sure would like to see the author jump in here though and help

hdabner56 - email me your shopping_cart file. I will try to get you sorted out... roaddoctor at earthlink dot net

-Dave

Hello Everyone,

Just being interested on the new contribution called "level2" for a google checkout.

I'm wokring on my own piece of code, without those restrictions caused by libCurl and LibXML

(guys using GoogleApi - I possibly can only imagine the problems you have...) because I have

php5 installed on my server, and thus cant use Google API so I will workout the version without these

limitations, obviosly without those restrictions.

I was wondering if anyone here after installing this contrib was able to receive a REAL-TIME

shipping (or taxes etc) quote from your website, using a Merchant Shipping Calculations scheme

offered by google and seems like implemented in this contrib? E.g. As i can see, those rates are HARDCODED in the Google button code.php file, and nothing else, even after I change the shipping address during google checkout... I dont really drill in the code, but as i can see those REAL-TIME shipping rates are never returned by this contrib, however a merchant-calculation-url is specified well. But the file Google_Merchant_Calculations.php which suppose to return the real-time quotes, just using the basic google hardcoded thing like "return "8.76"... or a predefined Shipping rate defined at the initial step while checkout starts... thats why I think the guy trying to get his Fedex rates returned well just fails...

Maybe I'm missing something? The thing is called "Level 2" - but the shipping is not returned well...

Any ideas?

I'm trying to install Google Checkout Level 2 on my box, however I am running PHP5 so I cannot utilize the domxml PHP4 extension.

I'd rather not hack GCL2 to use other XML procedures, as I'm sure Google API use is sound, and I'd rather not translate the Google API to PHP5 DOM specifications myself.

I saw a project on sourceforge that was migrating the Google API to DOM-based PHP5 source, however it looks like it was abandoned sometime in July. Does anyone have any leads on other independent developments of a PHP5 migration of the Google API?

Thanks!