• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Checkout Level 2

This is the support forum for the Google Level 2 contribution.

D

Derrick, Is this Update from your contrib, I did not see anything different in the .sql

It's Posted just above yours

Dan

Google Checkout Level 2 SQL Fix (leisuret) 23 Aug 2006

Fixed bug in SQL changing '(' to GOOGLE_CHECKOUT_PRODUCTION. This value was causing all transactions to be directed to the sandbox.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MySQL said: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '300' for key 1

It seems you already have a 300 group. You will need to change that to a different number such as 301 or 302. Please note you will also have to change the 300 in the other SQL inserts to the same number you use for the group ID.

Edited by safoo

Derrick, first thank you for releasing the contribution.

My question is does this handle attributes like size and color.

Is an order created in my system as normal and is it also sent to google or does google send the order back to me to then write the data to my files?

thanks

Hi Derrick,

I tried to install your contribution. Wanted to test it si installed on clean osC shop overwrting old shopping_cart.php

Everything was ok but when I pressed `google checkout` button I got this error.

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for body of merchant-calculations-url in checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/merchant-calculations: URL contains illegal characters

Can you advise what can it be and where should I look to fix this.

Thanks

Hi Derrick,

I tried to install your contribution. Wanted to test it si installed on clean osC shop overwrting old shopping_cart.php

Everything was ok but when I pressed `google checkout` button I got this error.

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for body of merchant-calculations-url in checkout-shopping-cart/checkout-flow-support/merchant-checkout-flow-support/merchant-calculations: URL contains illegal characters

Can you advise what can it be and where should I look to fix this.

Thanks

its saying that your merchant_calc URL is invalid. The app builds that url by taking the url listed in the /includes/configure.php file under HTTPS_SERVER.

Open that file (configure.php) and make sure that line (around 15) looks like

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.yourserver.com');

If you're using the development google server, you can get away with using a normal 'http' server. But if you're using the production server, it must be a 'https' url.

D

How do I know if I have LibCurl and DomXml on my site? I know I have SSL.

Thanks!

Upload the test_google_functions.php to your website and point your browser to it. it will tell you if you have the 2 requirements on your server.

Derrick,

I'm afraid my issue may have gotten lost on the first page.

The error I'm seeing is:

Fatal error: Error calling function "CreateItem()": Missing Parameter: "$item_description" must be provided. in /home/story7/public_html/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php on line 419

(the complete details are in my first post)

It seems at least three other people are seeing the same thing in their install. If you get a chance to address this error, we would all appreciate it, I'm sure.

Thanks,

Michelle

Derrick,

The error I'm seeing is:

Fatal error: Error calling function "CreateItem()": Missing Parameter: "$item_description" must be provided. in /home/story7/public_html/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php on line 419

It seems at least three other people are seeing the same thing in their install. If you get a chance to address this error, we would all appreciate it, I'm sure.

Thanks,

Michelle

Yes we would! :)

I can't wait till this is working correctly in my store! Great work derrick!

Derrick,

The error I'm seeing is:

Thanks,

Michelle

Me too, same error. I ran the test_google_functions.php and it passed.

I am using ixp

I also checked:

PHP version is 4.3.11 requires 4.3.0 or later

libcurl 7.10.4 requires 7.9.0 or later

libxml 20419 requires 2.4.14 or later

All the requirements are met but still get the "michelle" error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

An updated version has been uploaded. Its been tested on a stock osc install and should work a lot better than the previous version.

Replace all the files (shoppingcart.php is the same as in .5) and removed all of the Google checkout configuration table entries. Run the new sql file and you should be set to go.

Theres a new config field where you decide what order status you want the orders to be set as.

let me know of any issues.

D

Hello!

I have installed the latest version of GoogleCheckout. Everything looks great and seems to work flawlessly. I do wish it would support coupons though! The only problem I have is, when you add an item to your car and it gives you the option of update, checkout, or Google Checkout - the table that the buttons are in seems to be aligned in the middle. My bestseller list is on the side and is long. This causes the buttons to be shoved way down in the table, so far that you have to scroll down to see them. This is very bad. I have tried changing every section of code I can think of and cannot get them to move to the top of the table. www.froufroufeathers.com - I have GoogleCheckout enabled if you would like to go to my website and see what I am talking about. PLEASE HELP!

Derrick, I have all the needed files on my host server (verified) and I have loaded every version of google checkout posted so far, I get the google checkout in my admin panel and am able to switch on and off and have entered my merchant id and key. I can't even get the google button to show in my cart on checkout !

When I upload my .sql and in says sucessfully loaded, at the bottom of that it says create php ! Am I supposed to create php ? I'm pulling my hair out on this one.

Only thing I can figure is I'm not uploading my .sql right ! Does anyone have any advice ? Need It Bad !

Thanks

Dan

PS

The only other payment options I have on my site right now are: AlertPay & Money Order Payments am planning to add MoneyBookers and really would like to get Google Working :'(

Edited by hdabner56

Are you sure you have LibCurl and DomXml available on your site as well as SSL?

Also you might wanna see this thread. It is the offical support thread for this contribution.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224396

Yes I have the Curl and libxml and ssl certificate on my server (I verified with my host about files needed and also have my server info):

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.15.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7i zlib/1.2.3

domxml

DOM/XML enabled

DOM/XML API Version 20020815

libxml Version 20624

HTML Support enabled

XPath Support enabled

XPointer Support enabled

DOM/XSLT enabled

libxslt Version 1.1.16

libxslt compiled against libxml Version 2.6.24

Looks to me like I have everything needed to run this contribution, just can't fiqure out what I may be doing wrong in installing it.

I've been posting to that forum with no sucess in getting information as to why I can't even get google to show up in my cart.

Any comments & Suggestions are Very Welcome Here !

Thanks, Dan

Edited by hdabner56

I have just installed the level 2.

Very happy with the ease of installation. I am ready to go....

However, when one proceeds through checkout, the button is there, when the button is clicked I have a popup error

First: There is a download window, "Getting File Information: checkout from checkout.google.com"

Second: The error: Internet explorer cannot download checkout from checkout.google.com, Internet explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

Is this something I did? It was a clean install, I didnt have any other mods to write over or around.

Thank you for your time and your help!

I have just installed the level 2.

Very happy with the ease of installation. I am ready to go....

However, when one proceeds through checkout, the button is there, when the button is clicked I have a popup error

First: There is a download window, "Getting File Information: checkout from checkout.google.com"

Second: The error: Internet explorer cannot download checkout from checkout.google.com, Internet explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

Is this something I did? It was a clean install, I didnt have any other mods to write over or around.

Thank you for your time and your help!

please check out if you are behind a firewall

When I click on my shopping cart, I have this error right above the Google Checkout button icon.

Warning: dump_mem(): string is not in UTF-8 in /public_html/includes/functions/CheckoutAPIFunctions.php on line 1150

Edited by Young Tae Byun

This is the support forum for the Google Level 2 contribution.

D

Hey Derrick -

It seems to be working ok, but there doesn't seem to be a method by which I can have the transaction and customer entered into my customer database with gcart. Is that intentional? Do you know if anyone is working on something like that?

It is a pain in the butt to have to keep track of orders that are not entered into the database. I am going to write something to do this, but not if it already exists or someone is already working on it.

please check out if you are behind a firewall

a firewall on my server? I was able to use paypal, and a previous google module, this one doesnt seem to go through.

When I use the checkout on firefox this page loads "https://checkout.google.com/cws/v2/Merchant/############/checkout" and see this:

Oops!

The Antique Store has sent Google a shopping cart with errors in it. We'll contact them to ask that they fix this problem. If you're feeling lucky, you can go back in your browser and try to checkout again with your fingers crossed.

I'll double check my merchant id and key, maybe that is the problem...I'll keep you updated.

Well, my #'s were correct, my google account shows this in the error log:

Well, my #'s were correct, my google account shows this in the error log:

Check your includes/configure.php and make sure you have the https server set. It sounds like its blank.

D

derrickh,

Thank you for the contribution! I've installed 0.6 succesfully. I do have some issues though and hope you can help.

Where is google checkout pulling the shipping amount from?

When a customer is not logged in and uses google checkout, Google it is retrieving a shipping amount much higher than what the FedEx rates presented to a normally logged in customer would be. We use FedEx direct 2.04, quoting FedEx Ground or FedEx Home rates, and is our only shipping choice offered except for request for quote...

When a logged in customer (with account) uses google checkout, google is unable to retrieve any shipping amounts

Here is my site

I currently have google checkout disabled until I reslove this shipping issue, but can enable it as needed for testing. Thanks for the help!

Dave

-Dave

Check your includes/configure.php and make sure you have the https server set. It sounds like its blank.

D

Thanks! My https server wasnt set there. I never would have figured that out! Its working now! Cant thank you enough!

CURL is Supported

Your website doesn't support Lib XML, so Google Checkout can't be used

This stinks... My customer's server host will not provide Lib XML so we cannot use this - but we very much would still like to!

Any thoughts on what it would take to strip out the DOM objects/functions and replace with something that does not use an external library?