• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Checkout Level 2

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything seemed to install ok, but when i clicked on the google checkout button nothing happens, i just stayed right there on the same page,, any help would be nice .... i made sure my hosting had the 3 necessary installs and put all the info in my admin too,,,

.PHP4 with LibCurl support

.SSL

.A Google Checkout Account

please help, i do not know whats happening !! :(

CONTRIBUTIONS:

Links Manager For OSC v0.20

This is the support forum for the Google Level 2 contribution.

D

Derrick, I've got problems installing sql file. This is the error I got when I loaded through phpMyAdmin !

I hope I didn't mess anything up. I did a back-up before I started.

Error

SQL query:

SELECT *

FROM

WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` ) = "300"

ORDER BY `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible`

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", `configuration_group_id`, `configuration_

Do you know what is happening here ? I am not the best coder, but I normaly don't have too much trouble loadin to phpadmin

Derrick, I've got problems installing sql file. This is the error I got when I loaded through phpMyAdmin !

Error

SQL query:

SELECT *

FROM

WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` ) = "300"

ORDER BY `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible`

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", `configuration_group_id`, `configuration_

Do you know what is happening here ? I am not the best coder, but I normaly don't have too much trouble loadin to phpadmin

MySQL VER IS: 12.22 Distrib 4.0.16

Do you possibly see anthing I might need to change ?

Edited by hdabner56

I actually have google checkout in my admin in OsC so do you think I should ignore the error ? or is that normal

I would keep going with the install and see what happens...

and let us know if it works for you !!! :D

CONTRIBUTIONS:

Links Manager For OSC v0.20

I would keep going with the install and see what happens...

and let us know if it works for you !!! :D

On installing MerchantCalculationsAPIFunctions I keep getting (File Too Long Error) Did you have this problem ? And if what was your solution ?

Error

SQL query:

SELECT *

FROM

MySQL said:

It may be that your mysql cant handle the multiple inserts. Inside of the Google Checkout config section, you should have 4 entries.

Merchant ID

Merchant Key

Enable Google Checkout

Production Development

If you have those, then youre ok. If not. let me know which entries (if any) are in the google checkout section.

D

Everything seemed to install ok, but when i clicked on the google checkout button nothing happens, i just stayed right there on the same page,, any help would be nice .... i made sure my hosting had the 3 necessary installs and put all the info in my admin too,,,

.PHP4 with LibCurl support

.SSL

.A Google Checkout Account

please help, i do not know whats happening !! :(

Did you use the supplied shoppingcart.php file or did you edit your own? If you edited your own, make sure you did the last step where the final </form> tag is removed.

D

Question: Does Google Checkout replace the current OScommerce default checkout system or is it something that is optional?

it's optional. The google checkout button is placed under the oscommerce button.

D

It may be that your mysql cant handle the multiple inserts. Inside of the Google Checkout config section, you should have 4 entries.

Merchant ID

Merchant Key

Enable Google Checkout

Production Development

If you have those, then youre ok. If not. let me know which entries (if any) are in the google checkout section.

D

derrick, Don't ask how,cause I don't know what I did but I had multiple entries listed in my admin 3 times. So I just deleted the entire google_checkout.sql and re-loaded it and now it shows like it should. So now I'm loading the rest and see if it works for me, Thanks for the response and I am going to get me a new DVD after while :D

Dan A

First of all, thanks so much for creating this contribution. I know a lot of us have high hopes for this service as a PayPal alternative.

My SQL install was flawless, and the changes to the shopping_cart.php were minor and painless. I configured the Administration side of Google checkout, adding our merchant ID and key, and changing to the production server, but didn't activate the module until I checked to make sure all was still right with the world.

When I added an item to my shopping cart, and then attempted to view the cart, I got this error:

Fatal error: Error calling function "CreateItem()": Missing Parameter: "$item_description" must be provided. in /home/story7/public_html/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php on line 419

The files are there, where they are supposed to be, and I didn't get any sense from the install instuctions that they required any editing, so I'm stuck at this point.

I've checked my server and as far as I see, we meet the requirements to run this contribution just fine.

Any thoughts?

Michelle

First of all, thanks so much for creating this contribution. I know a lot of us have high hopes for this service as a PayPal alternative.

My SQL install was flawless, and the changes to the shopping_cart.php were minor and painless. I configured the Administration side of Google checkout, adding our merchant ID and key, and changing to the production server, but didn't activate the module until I checked to make sure all was still right with the world.

When I added an item to my shopping cart, and then attempted to view the cart, I got this error:

Fatal error: Error calling function "CreateItem()": Missing Parameter: "$item_description" must be provided. in /home/story7/public_html/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php on line 419

The files are there, where they are supposed to be, and I didn't get any sense from the install instuctions that they required any editing, so I'm stuck at this point.

I've checked my server and as far as I see, we meet the requirements to run this contribution just fine.

Any thoughts?

Michelle

Would we not want to use the development (googlesandbox) server to troubleshoot the set-up? Just asking.

Aslso did your google checkout show in your cart? I can't seem to see one anywhere. I think that some perimeters do have to be set in the files? ??

Would we not want to use the development (googlesandbox) server to troubleshoot the set-up? Just asking.

Aslso did your google checkout show in your cart? I can't seem to see one anywhere. I think that some perimeters do have to be set in the files? ??

My general way of approaching new contributions is to add them to my existing setup without enabling/activating them, look everything over to make sure the site is still stable, and then activate them module and begin testing functionality.

In this case, I can't have the google checkout module installed and turned off without my shopping cart being broken. I need to address that first, and then go forward with testing.

If any perimeters in one or more of the functions files need to be set, it would be helpful to know from the author of the contribution exactly what modifications are required.

Michelle

My general way of approaching new contributions is to add them to my existing setup without enabling/activating them, look everything over to make sure the site is still stable, and then activate them module and begin testing functionality.

In this case, I can't have the google checkout module installed and turned off without my shopping cart being broken. I need to address that first, and then go forward with testing.

If any perimeters in one or more of the functions files need to be set, it would be helpful to know from the author of the contribution exactly what modifications are required.

Michelle

I agree with you on making mods to files, but having your admin set to (Development) is sending to a live google server called (googlesandbox) and it is for making your setup run right before sending it to the real (transaction server) called Production ..

Edited by hdabner56

I'm seeing the Google Checkout button. but just like Michelle, all i'm doing right now is going around trying to add items to the cart and such. Just checking the store's stability. I get this error when trying to add an item to the cart.

Edited by roller8

I'm seeing the Google Checkout button. but just like Michelle, all i'm doing right now is going around trying to add items to the cart and such. Just checking the store's stability. I get this error when trying to add an item to the cart.

I am also victim of the "Michelle"

Fatal error: Error calling function "CreateItem()": Missing Parameter: "$item_description" must be provided. in /home/wholesa8/public_html/os/catalog/includes/functions/GlobalAPIFunctions.php on line 419

Just a thought, the CheckoutAPIFunctions is where the create item instruction is at, I wonder if you need to set a @param from the list shown in the file line 32 - 46 ? I'm using Macromedia Dream 8 to look at the php

Anyone here tell me if I placed the files in the rigt place? This is my Configuration below......

Anyone have this problem , No button and I have Google_Checkout.sql loaded and Google Checkout showing in my osCommerce Administration Panel

public_html - As Being my store (not called catalog)

Google_checkout_Level2 v0.5 CONTRIBUTION

Catalog Folder - 4 .php files All , placed in: home/pubic_html/

1.Google_Button_code 2. Google_Item_Code 3. Google_Merchant_Calculations 4. Google_New_Orders

Functions Folder- 7 .php files 1 COPYING.file ALL Placed in: home/public_html/includes/functions

1. CheckoutAPIFunctions 2. DebuggingTool 3. GlobalAPIFunctions 4. MerchantCalculationsAPIFunctions

5.NotificationAPIFunctions 6. OrderProcessingAPIFunctions 7. ResponseHandlerAPIFunctions

Anyone have any Ideas what I may have done wrong or right ?

Thanks in Advance, Dan

Anyone here tell me if I placed the files in the rigt place? This is my Configuration below......

Anyone have this problem , No button and I have Google_Checkout.sql loaded and Google Checkout showing in my osCommerce Administration Panel

public_html - As Being my store (not called catalog)

Google_checkout_Level2 v0.5 CONTRIBUTION

Catalog Folder - 4 .php files All , placed in: home/pubic_html/

1.Google_Button_code 2. Google_Item_Code 3. Google_Merchant_Calculations 4. Google_New_Orders

Functions Folder- 7 .php files 1 COPYING.file ALL Placed in: home/public_html/includes/functions

1. CheckoutAPIFunctions 2. DebuggingTool 3. GlobalAPIFunctions 4. MerchantCalculationsAPIFunctions

5.NotificationAPIFunctions 6. OrderProcessingAPIFunctions 7. ResponseHandlerAPIFunctions

Anyone have any Ideas what I may have done wrong or right ?

Thanks in Advance, Dan

You didn't mention making any modifications to the shopping_cart.php file. Among those edits is where the code for the button to show up is at.

Roller8

You didn't mention making any modifications to the shopping_cart.php file. Among those edits is where the code for the button to show up is at.

Roller8

Yea, I didn't mention that one, But I did edit the shopping_cart.php and also tried just using the one with the contrib but didn't make any difference either way :'( , I'm sure it's right. I also noticed the test_google_functions with the contrib did not display if your site would work or not, but I have a good test_google_functions.php file that does work right and am posting it if anyone needs it, the other one just had a couple of $allgood commands missing.

But I'm still testing, trying to figure out what I've missed here......still no Google Checkout Button :blink: Gota keep lookin

//<----------------BOF---------------->

<!--

Page by The Midnight Coder

-->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>

<title>Test Google Checkout Functions</title>

</head>

<body>

<h2>Test Google Checkout Functions</h2>

<p>This PHP file checks to see if your server is set up to use Google Checkout.</p>

<?php

$allgood=true;

if (!function_exists("curl_init"))

{

print "Your website doesn't support CURL, so Google Checkout can't be used<br><br>";

$allgood=false;

}else{

print "CURL is Supported<br><br>";

}

if (!function_exists("domxml_new_doc"))

{

print "Your website doesn't support Lib XML, so Google Checkout can't be used<br><br>";

$allgood=false;

}else{

print "LibXML is Supported<br><br>";

}

if($allgood){

print "<font color='green'>YOUR SERVER WILL SUPPORT THIS MOD!</font><br /><br />";

}else{

print "<font color='red'>Your server will <b>not</b> support this mod!</font><br /><br />";

}

?>

In addition, your server must support HTTPS/SSL for Level 2 Integration. The Midnight Coder....................

<p>

<ul>

<li>PHP v4.3.0 or later</li>

<li>libcurl v7.9.0 or later. libcurl is an implementation of CURL, which allows you to send XML over HTTPS using server-to-server HTTP POST requests. Learn more about libcurl at http://us2.php.net/curl/.</li>

<li>libxml-2.4.14 or later. libxml installs a DOM XML library that is used to construct and parse XML messages. Learn more about libxml at http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.domxml.php.</li>

</ul>

<b>Note:</b> This DOM XML library runs on PHP 4, but not on PHP 5. So, to run this sample code, you must be running a PHP version of 4.2.3 or later but not PHP 5 or greater. We do not yet have sample code for PHP 5 using a DOM library.

</p>

</body>

</html>

//<----------------EOF---------------->

Hello, my server checks out ok, but I am getting this error when entering the sql file.

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )

VALUES ( 300, 'Google Checkout', 'Set up values for Google Checkout', 22, 1 ) ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry '300' for key 1

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Roller8

Yea, I didn't mention that one, But I did edit the shopping_cart.php and also tried just using the one with the contrib but didn't make any difference either way :'( , I'm sure it's right. I also noticed the test_google_functions with the contrib did not display if your site would work or not, but I have a good test_google_functions.php file that does work right and am posting it if anyone needs it, the other one just had a couple of $allgood commands missing.

But I'm still testing, trying to figure out what I've missed here......still no Google Checkout Button :blink: Gota keep lookin

//<----------------BOF---------------->

<!--

Page by The Midnight Coder

-->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html>

<head>

<title>Test Google Checkout Functions</title>

</head>

<body>

<h2>Test Google Checkout Functions</h2>

<p>This PHP file checks to see if your server is set up to use Google Checkout.</p>

<?php

$allgood=true;

if (!function_exists("curl_init"))

{

print "Your website doesn't support CURL, so Google Checkout can't be used<br><br>";

$allgood=false;

}else{

print "CURL is Supported<br><br>";

}

if (!function_exists("domxml_new_doc"))

{

print "Your website doesn't support Lib XML, so Google Checkout can't be used<br><br>";

$allgood=false;

}else{

print "LibXML is Supported<br><br>";

}

if($allgood){

print "<font color='green'>YOUR SERVER WILL SUPPORT THIS MOD!</font><br /><br />";

}else{

print "<font color='red'>Your server will <b>not</b> support this mod!</font><br /><br />";

}

?>

In addition, your server must support HTTPS/SSL for Level 2 Integration. The Midnight Coder....................

<p>

<ul>

<li>PHP v4.3.0 or later</li>

<li>libcurl v7.9.0 or later. libcurl is an implementation of CURL, which allows you to send XML over HTTPS using server-to-server HTTP POST requests. Learn more about libcurl at http://us2.php.net/curl/.</li>

<li>libxml-2.4.14 or later. libxml installs a DOM XML library that is used to construct and parse XML messages. Learn more about libxml at http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.domxml.php.</li>

</ul>

<b>Note:</b> This DOM XML library runs on PHP 4, but not on PHP 5. So, to run this sample code, you must be running a PHP version of 4.2.3 or later but not PHP 5 or greater. We do not yet have sample code for PHP 5 using a DOM library.

</p>

</body>

</html>

//<----------------EOF---------------->