• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIB] UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods

@@14steve14 thanks for that :) all installed and new prices now inputted.

having done a bit of testing, i note that the shipping methods are only available to logged in members which is fine, however for the buyers who are not logged in, no shipping method is offered,

buyer can use the paypal buy it now , upon going to paypal buyer is charged an amount.

question, how can i force shipping methods to show or how do you solve this issue ?? thanks in advance for any input, i appreciate you taking time to assist, makes open source possible :)

• 2 weeks later...

@@14steve14 thanks for that :) all installed and new prices now inputted.

having done a bit of testing, i note that the shipping methods are only available to logged in members which is fine, however for the buyers who are not logged in, no shipping method is offered,

buyer can use the paypal buy it now , upon going to paypal buyer is charged an amount.

question, how can i force shipping methods to show or how do you solve this issue ?? thanks in advance for any input, i appreciate you taking time to assist, makes open source possible :)

Does anyone know the answer to this ??

many thanks and happy new year :)

Probably because the operator is not logged in there is no shipping destination to use to calculate the rate.

So nothing is shown

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

@@geoffreywalton

yes thats the conclusion i made, but its pulling a cost from somewhere, as if you check out without logging in, it adds a charge for delivery it pulls it from somewhere,

if i could find this out i could set it up better, i guess il just have to try and figure out how to force a log in before purchase can be made

would be even greater if member could input his postcode/zipcode without needing to log in

For a non UK customer you should not show UK only modules, so that seems to be working correctly. What does not seem to be working is your selected module for non UK deliveries.

I had a similar problem ages ago with international shipping. If you are using the royal mail addon, make sure you have activated the modules by setting to true the enable option. You have probably already entered a minimum and maximum weight to ship, so make sure you have added a maximum value to ship, as I think one of them was set to zero on installation, especially on the airmail module, as I think that is where the problem was, but I may be wrong.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

@@14steve14

i have checked settings and all modules are set to true as in enabled. furthermore this is how they are set.

airmail is set to max weight of 2kgs and max value of £46

parcelforce is set to max weight of 100kgs. and max value of 2450

if i place a 1kg item in cart, then i can select airmail or parcelforce.

if i add a item of 4kg, im not getting any parcelforce48 , i have set up all the zones and tariffs as per the last prices update.

im baffled on this one. all appears to work, apart from larger items going abroard.

ok iv sussed the above, parcelforce only has the valid iso GB, making it only visable to uk

as my package is over 2kg , it cant go via airmail, so i think im needing to expand the reach of parcelforce module.

heres my settings for parcelforce

Valid ISO Country Codes

GB

Parcelforce48 Rates

2:9.67,5:10.5,10:12.75,15:17.83,20:22.75,25:31.58,30:35,35:40,40:45,45:50,50:55,55:60,60:65,65:70,70:75,75:80,80:85,85:90,90:95,95:100,100:105

so is there any way i can clone this as another zone ?

in a nutshell i need to offer delivery worldwide , packages could be up to 30kg, and looking at parcelforce site would cost about £200

how do i best go about adding further zones or adding true worldwide shipping for all zones and weights

many thanks

Have a look at the zones module.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Have a look at the zones module.

HTH

G

thanks but i see only these are compatible with 2.3.1 and are not what i need.

i was sure there was built in zones in os, but i cant find anything

• 2 months later...

@@14steve14 I think this will cause problems - it certainly will for me - previously my shipments were calculated about right with weight - but now that RM have included the size bands as well - mor parcels going Hermes me thinks...

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@@14steve14 I think this will cause problems - it certainly will for me - previously my shipments were calculated about right with weight - but now that RM have included the size bands as well - mor parcels going Hermes me thinks...

Unfortunately, as I had just started to use Hermes, they have deleted their 0-1Kg band. As most of my parcels are bulky but light the minimum charge is now £4.20, from £3.00, quite a jump. Oh well, back to Royal Mail and delete certain items from my catalogue.

• 4 months later...

I have been having issues with wp-ecommerce on a wordpress site and I needed to find a suitable repacement with a royal mail addon that allows me to delivery overseas using Royal Mail. So here I am.

I have installed osCommerce on to a separate page on my site and I am toying with 'UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods'.

I have managed to clone the catalog\includes\modules\shipping\parcelforce48.php to a second file parcelforcez1.php and plan to copy it to the 9 other Royal Mail zones so I can have different rates for different Royal Mail world Areas. All I needed to do was replace every reference in the file from PARCELFORCE48 to PARCELFORCEZ1 and parcelforce48 to parcelforcez1 to maintain the case.

I repeated this for the catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\parcelforce48.php which i also copied to parcelforcez1.php

I thought I would share this information as I notices a couple of people asking after a solution to this problem.

My next plan will be to do this for Hermes Collection Rates though I still need to look for their rates before I start developing the shop further.

I have one problem at the moment that you may be able to help me with though,

When I enable First Class Standard it works fine but when I then enable Second Class Standard, it disables First Class Standard and vica versa. This means I can only have one or the other active. Very Odd. Is this a known problem? I have not edited these files whatsoever.

When I enable First Class Standard it works fine but when I then enable Second Class Standard, it disables First Class Standard and vica versa. This means I can only have one or the other active. Very Odd. Is this a known problem? I have not edited these files whatsoever.

It turns out if you keep adding and removing rates osCommerce gets confused. I had to remove all the modules, go to the modules that had been removed and then for some of them remove them again as the Remove Module option was available. finally I added all the shipping modules I needed.