• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIB] UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods

HI im a osc newbie,

I have installed V2.2.2 and osc 2.3.1 . in my checkout i get 3kgs added to the product ( eg a 20grms item is calculated at 3.20kg ) how can i stop this and only have the correct weight calculated

thx in advance

Cris

In Admin/configuration under shipping/packaging, make sure you dont have a tare weight to add onto shipping weight.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.3 install and have added these Uk shipping modules. Only problem is at the checkout page where you select the shipping method, i get amessage at the top of the page "Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in....." . Depending on what you install from the admin interface the path complains about different files. Example below is for Royal Mail Recorded Delivery

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in...../includes/modules/shipping/reg.php on line 126

...../includes/modules/shipping/reg.php on line 150

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Edited by Hoog

I have been updating prices for 30 April 2012 increase and notice that Royal Mail now splits international delivery into 3 zones instead of 2. Is anyone planning on doing an update for this? I have an up to date spread sheet with prices but I lack php skills to amend to the new zones.

I have been updating prices for 30 April 2012 increase and notice that Royal Mail now splits international delivery into 3 zones instead of 2. Is anyone planning on doing an update for this? I have an up to date spread sheet with prices but I lack php skills to amend to the new zones.

There is very little difference in the zone prices, i une the dearer zone prices for the 2nd zone.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Hi Guys,

I have a 2.3 install and have added these Uk shipping modules. Only problem is at the checkout page where you select the shipping method, i get amessage at the top of the page "Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in....." . Depending on what you install from the admin interface the path complains about different files. Example below is for Royal Mail Recorded Delivery

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in...../includes/modules/shipping/reg.php on line 126

...../includes/modules/shipping/reg.php on line 150

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

The split function requires changing. Without seeing what they actually are it will hard to guess what to change. All i can add is that there is an addon to upgrade to php 5.3 which inludes updates for the zone shipping. I had to update one of my shipping add ons that seemed to be a copy of this module.

The changed code is

$country_zones = preg_split("/[,]/", $countries_table);

and

$zones_table = preg_split("/[:,]/" , $zones_cost);

I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

Fantastic contribution SO glad I found it - its just what I was needing help with and it was here all the time!

Installed it and all working fab first time.

One small question - its nothing major but just something that is a little annoying to me.

When you set the 'display delivery weight' to false in the admin section - at checkout correctly the weight doesn't show but there is a pair of empty brackets where it would go if the 'display delivery weight' were true.

Is there anyway to make it so that these empty brackets don't show? I know its nothing major, its just one of those things. If anyone could help I'd be most grateful.

Thanks so much for making this contribution - its fantastic :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I really need help with this add-on.

The postage options don't show in the checkout page unless I change the maximum weight to a stupidly large number. Even then, the price for all postage options is £0.00. I only have Royal Mail modules installed because that is all I need, however I don't know how to make the true prices show.

Earlier in this thread, it says to remove the limits, but, call me stupid, I don't know how to do that.

Can anybody please help me? It will be great, thanks.

@@fragile

I only use roayal mail shipping modules. I installed the first version dated 5 Apr 2011, and all worked fine on OSC version 2.3.1. I also use the same modules on another site which is 2.2.I use the standard settings that come from a standard install. I then manually updated the prices as some of the extra addons with prices seem not to work, and indeed did not seem to charge enough.

When you entered a product did you set up the weight of each item correctly. Product weight should be 0.50 for 1/2kg. I altered my weight in the products table in the database table so it is now 3 places before the decimal point and 3 after to allow for full gramme weights.

• 1 month later...

I don't know whether anyone still checks or reads this thread but I have a problem whereby I've installed all of the modules, but when I carried out a test purchase using a US postal address none of the international shipping options were displayed - in fact no shipping options were displayed when I went to the checkout or when I clicked the PayPal Express Checkout button. Yet when I did a test purchase using a UK delivery address I correctly got a list of all the Royal Mail 1st class, second class, special delivery etc options to choose from. What have I done wrong (or not done) to get the international airmail shipping options to display?

What have I done wrong (or not done) to get the international airmail shipping options to display?

Airmail is limited to a maximum of 2kg in weight. What is the price and weight of your test product?

In general all the methods have minimum and maximum values for weight and value, and can be set to split shipments where maxima are exceeded.

LABBS Web Services

• 1 month later...

Hi

The latest xls added to this contribution doesnt have the correct concatenate strings on the tabs for ParcelForce, Airmail, Airsure and Surface Mail.

They are showing as N/A and as the sheet is password protected, i'm not able to edit it

Can the owner correct his and upload the corrected file.

Many Thanks

Trevor

Hi

The latest xls added to this contribution doesnt have the correct concatenate strings on the tabs for ParcelForce, Airmail, Airsure and Surface Mail.

They are showing as N/A and as the sheet is password protected, i'm not able to edit it

Many Thanks

Trevor

Use one of the earlier versions and manually update the prices using the other spreadsheet as a guide. Once you have done it you can then upload a new copy that works correctly for others to use.

• 2 weeks later...

If you read the info sheet in the document it tells you the password used to protect the sheets!

Sheet protection was used to make it easier to update prices using TAB to move between fields, and hopefully to allow editing with less risk of corrupting the sheet.

I have uploaded a new corrected version as 121009_UK_Postal_Rates.zip, so there shouldn't be any confusion. Please download it from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4473.

LABBS Web Services

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to ask the question - is there is any problem installing into the latest osc2.3.3 ? I hope not - it's just what I need

Better to ask first than be sorry later

• 1 month later...

@@14steve14

i have downloaded this http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4473 but it only has the prices, no mdules, which modules would i need to use these prices ?

basically , i will ship mostly uk using royal mail, but also worldwide again via airmail , but also heavy items so whoevers cheaper really. many thanks again for your help

Edited by benny2012