• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIB] UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods

Hi everyone!

This is my first post on here :P hope you all had a good day!

First of all, I know nothing about .php script and nothing to MySQL lol but I love the challenge.

Second, The update file for Price correction April 2010 seems not a full version of this wonderfull Addon. It doesnt contain files to put under /languages/english/modules/shipping/ and Icon files.

I had to write my own scripts and find different icons (saved as .jpg) for each services and upload onto my php5 server.

After testing it on my site, I found something odd in Checkout and Admin Panel.

1. Postage seems wrong.

2. Service Title, weight, insurance and handling charge are not displaying correctly, plus its not displaying my icons.

3. In admin Panal, Addon is successfully installed but again, Those Titles aint displaying correctly.

Please anyone would be able to help me with those problems and also provide me a FULL Addon File thats including everything I needed?

Thanks

Detailed Errors:

Checkout:

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order. Please Select

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_TEXT_TITLE MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_TEXT_WAY : 2 MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_TEXT_ITEMS 9.35 MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_TEXT_UNITS (MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_DELIVERY_INSURANCE500, MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_DELIVERY_SHIPPING_TIME) £43.30

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSTANDARDPARCEL_TEXT_TITLE MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSTANDARDPARCEL_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSTANDARDPARCEL_TEXT_WAY : 2 MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSTANDARDPARCEL_TEXT_ITEMS 9.35 MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSTANDARDPARCEL_TEXT_UNITS (MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSTANDARDPARCEL_DELIVERY_INSURANCE100, MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSTANDARDPARCEL_DELIVERY_SHIPPING_TIME) £27.22

MODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48_TEXT_TITLE ODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1

MODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48_TEXT_WAY : 2 MODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48_TEXT_ITEMS 9.35 MODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48_TEXT_UNITS (MODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48_DELIVERY_INSURANCE150, MODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48_DELIVERY_SHIPPING_TIME) £31.98

Admin Panel:

Shipping Modules

Modules Sort Order Action

Flat Rate 0

Per Item Info

ODULE_SHIPPING_PARCELFORCE48_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 7 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAIRMAIL_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 8 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMAIRSURE_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 10 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRST_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 1 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRSTREC_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 2 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 9 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSECOND_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 3 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSECONDREC_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 4 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSPECIAL_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 5 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSTANDARDPARCEL_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 6 Info

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMSURFACE_TEXT_TITLE v2.2.1 11 Info

Table Rate Info

United States Postal Service Info

Zone Rates Info

Module Directory: /home/linweb03/s/shootingduck.com/user/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/

Files I wrote myself for /languages/english/moduels/shipping/

I changed relavent fields for different services in each file. Here I just show one as example so you guys can help me to correct any mistake.

<?php

/*

$Id: parcelforce48.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE', 'Parcelforce 48');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Parcelforce 48');

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', 'Parcelforce 48');

?>

hi...i have sorted my problems by finding finding one of the latest package which stated as FULL Package :D

seems everything is working fine now.

Please ignore my previous post as I wont be able to delete it myself.

Thanks you all and have a good weekend.

:D

hi...i have sorted my problems by finding finding one of the latest package which stated as FULL Package :D

AFAIK the latest FULL package at UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices is UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods v2.2.1 uploaded by jwilkins on 7 Jan 2010.

Once you have this installed and working you'll need to update the prices by editing the values for each module. One way to start is using the included spreadsheet (090406_UK_Postal_Rates), work your way through the Royal Mail site http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/product1?catId=500185&mediaId=400023 updating the prices in the spreadsheet as required, and then finally using cut and paste while editing a method in the Admin control panel to insert the new price and compensation strings.

LABBS Web Services

• 2 weeks later...

I sorted out question by myself so can share

These modules having deal with international delivery, but all limited to 2 kg.

(6) Royal Mail Airmail

(7) Royal Mail International Signed for

(9) Royal Mail Surface

Hello, thanks for the contribution

Could you please clarify which methodss are for international delivery?

(1) Royal Mail First Class Standard Post

(2) Royal Mail First Class Recorded Post

(3) Royal Mail Second Class Standard Post

(4) Royal Mail Second Class Recorded Post

(5) Royal Mail Standard Parcels

(6) Royal Mail Airmail

(7) Royal Mail International Signed for

(8) Royal Mail Airsure

(9) Royal Mail Surface

(10) Parcelforce 48

(11) Citylink Next Day

and also which php files are assiciated with them

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Fantastic addon.

I found the update and installed it only to discover that I was missing all the language files and had to find the original.

Well sorted that. uploaded then updated.

it seems to all work except for one issue I have;

I have all of them active except citylink to test.

When I have items in my cart of 1.5K it only shows standard parcels and parcelforce despite the fact that first class works upto 3K or 10K depending on code or admin screen.

where as if I have a cart of 0.03k I get all the items I expect.

I tried to search through the topic for help but could not find a ready answer.

What have I missed?

I'm sure it must be to do with weight limits but I can't figure it out.

Kindly

MrBeard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Right, please hang it there with me on this, I am a total beginner with PHP, it scare the hell out of me.

I have installed the files:

rmairsure.php

parcelforce48.php

rmfirstrec.php

to the /includes/modules/shipping/ folder.

Once this has been done, in my Modules/Shipping window I get a series of fatal error messages relating to the languages etc - but it will still let me install the mobule on the right hand side.

I then copy the same files into the includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/ folder and it then only displays 1 error message:

and removes the install option.

Also - which shipping button needs to be copied to the images folder - and from where?

Can you help me please?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi All, I`ve got a couple of issues with this mod that I cannot fathom.

When I installed the mod my prices as displayed at checkout started to look like this £1.34. I`m not sure what the A with the squiggle on top is called, but I`m sure its not supposed to be there.

For Special Delivery Next Day for a parcel weighing 30grams my price is £5.05 but on Royal Mail website its £5.45 how do I adjust it to show the correct price?

Same problem for ParcelForce 48 except other way round, my price £16.79, ParcelForce £10.79

Many Thanks for your help folks.

Simon@SmallWars

When I installed the mod my prices as displayed at checkout started to look like this £1.34. I`m not sure what the A with the squiggle on top is called, but I`m sure its not supposed to be there.

The weird squiggly A is something I normally associate with UTF-8 settings.

For Special Delivery Next Day for a parcel weighing 30grams my price is £5.05 but on Royal Mail website its £5.45 how do I adjust it to show the correct price?

Same problem for ParcelForce 48 except other way round, my price £16.79, ParcelForce £10.79

Once you have installed the latest version (e.g. v2.2.2), you will then need to update the prices. You should find a recent Excel spreadsheet on the contributions download page at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4473, which you can then use to cut & paste new prices into the configuration.

LABBS Web Services

• 2 weeks later...

The weird squiggly A is something I normally associate with UTF-8 settings.

Once you have installed the latest version (e.g. v2.2.2), you will then need to update the prices. You should find a recent Excel spreadsheet on the contributions download page at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4473, which you can then use to cut & paste new prices into the configuration.

OK, the prices I can sort, but any ideas on the UTF-8 settings? When I get to Checkout all my prices show that squiggly A. Going to View/ Character Encoding says the page is being viewed in ISO-8859-15. This module wouldn`t have changed any of those settings along the way would it?

Many Thanks

Simon@SmallWars

OK, the prices I can sort, but any ideas on the UTF-8 settings? When I get to Checkout all my prices show that squiggly A. Going to View/ Character Encoding says the page is being viewed in ISO-8859-15. This module wouldn`t have changed any of those settings along the way would it?

No the module would not have changed any of the character settings.

The shipment modules return the shipping cost as a number, and because they are designed for UK use the number is in pounds. Also none of the shipping modules actually have the currency symbol hard coded, or in their language files.

For a UK store you should have the default currency as GBP, and you'll notice in Admin->Localization->Currencies that you can edit the details for a currency including the symbol displayed for it.

The problem could be that your MySQL database has the characterset as UTF-8, and as a result some munging occurs and you get weird output, such as the Squiggly-A £. You could try resolving this by editing the settings for GBP, and as the currency symbol enter the HTML entity £.

Hope that helps...

LABBS Web Services

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Urgent help needed with this Module I have installed it but no matter what I do it wont show any postage options, I have removed all limits as suggested as I dont have couriers, turned Free Shipping off in admin, I just cant work it out. any ideas please?

Urgent help needed with this Module I have installed it but no matter what I do it wont show any postage options, I have removed all limits as suggested as I dont have couriers, turned Free Shipping off in admin, I just cant work it out. any ideas please?

I too am having the same issue.

Products added to cart select checkout and no shipping options.

Any help would be great!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...