• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIB] UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods

If i try to remove all the files from this upload it says that i have a eoor when going to checkout_shipping.php.

How can i take this off ??

Warning: shipping::include(includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmspecial.php) [function.shipping-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/inverts/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

Warning: shipping::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rmspecial.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/*****/public_html/inverts/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 36

Warning: shipping::include(includes/modules/shipping/rmspecial.php) [function.shipping-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/****/public_html/inverts/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 37

Warning: shipping::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/shipping/rmspecial.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/*****/public_html/inverts/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 37

Fatal error: Class 'rmspecial' not found in /home/*****/public_html/inverts/includes/classes/shipping.php on line 39

Edited by KJ666

I get the same problem when I use Google Checkout (UK) with oscommerce.

May I know how can you fix it?

never ever had problem with Google Checkout, all shipping modules are working without any single problem.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Royal Mail are increasing the prices from Monday 6th April - changes below for the modules I use - these can be overwritten easily in your OSC Admin in modules, shipping.

NOTE 1: I use a handling fee for the Recorded Delivery option (easier than redoing another two lines of prices). If you update the php files you'll need to add the £0.75 to the prices.

NOTE 2: For Standard Parcels I use this to prevent the customer checking out with free shipping on high weight orders (100000:1000.00) - You will need to change or remove this to your specifications

RM Second Class Rates

100:1.08,250:1.41,500:1.85,750:2.24,1000:2.70

-----

RM Second Class Recorded Rates

100:1.08,250:1.41,500:1.85,750:2.24,1000:2.70

Packaging / Handling Fee

-----

RM First Class Rates

100:1.28,250:1.62,500:2.14,750:2.65,1000:3.25,1250:4.45,1500:5.15,1750:5.85,2000

:6.55,4000:8.22,6000:11.02,8000:13.82,10000:16.62

-----

RM First Class Recorded Rates

100:1.28,250:1.62,500:2.14,750:2.65,1000:3.25,1250:4.45,1500:5.15,1750:5.85,2000

:6.55,4000:8.22,6000:11.02,8000:13.82,10000:16.62

Packaging / Handling Fee

-----

RM Standard Parcel Rates

2000:4.41,4000:7.06,6000:9.58,8000:11.74,10000:12.61,20000:14.69,100000:1000.00

Hope that saves someone some time......

Cheers

Tiger

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

• 3 weeks later...

090406_UK_Postal_Rates

Microsoft Excell 97/2000/XP spreadsheet containing prices gleaned from the Royal Mail and Parcelforce websites.

Contains current small packet and parcel prices for:-

First Class (Standard/Recorded)

Second Class (Standard/Recorded)

Special Delivery -Next Day (£500, £1000, £2500 insurance)

Standard Parcels (£34, £100, £250, £500 insurance)

Parcelforce 48

Airmail

Airmail International Signed For

The individual sheets allow entry of price information and compile the string(s) required by the individual shipping modules, making it easy to update shipping rates using cut & paste.

Available from UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices

LABBS Web Services

UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods

Version 2.00 - 10 April 2009

Created by Chris Lander from an original contribution

by Stuart Newton (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4473).

This contribution is for UK Stores ONLY. What it will do is add several

shipping zones to your Oscommerce store. If your customer is UK based, it will

not show any of the International Shipping Options, and vice versa, if your

customer is International it will not show any UK based shipping methods.

Shipping Methods Added:

(1) Royal Mail First Class Standard Post

(2) Royal Mail Second Class Standard Post

(3) Royal Mail First Class Recorded Post

(4) Royal Mail Second Class Recorded Post

(5) Royal Mail Standard Parcels

(6) Royal Mail International Signed for

(7) Parcelforce 48

(8) Citylink Next Day

All the Royal Mail methods along with the Parcelforce 48 method now allow

you to set maximum delivery weight and maximum value for use of the shipping

method. Shipping methods wich have insurance options now allow you to set

different charges for different compensation levels.

Available from UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices, development at LABBS Subversion Repository

LABBS Web Services

I have just installed your module which is excellent, but I noticed that the prices on the shipping method page are correct but when it get to checkout it seems to be considerably higher wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thank you in advanced

Tim

Nice contribution but I am getting this error when I install. Even with the patch! Can you help?

Shipping Modules

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COUNTRIES_1 in C:\Domains\get-crocs.com\wwwroot\includes\modules\shipping\rmintsig.php on line 59

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COMPENSATION_1 in C:\Domains\get-crocs.com\wwwroot\includes\modules\shipping\rmintsig.php on line 67

I have just installed your module which is excellent, but I noticed that the prices on the shipping method page are correct but when it get to checkout it seems to be considerably higher wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Thank you in advanced

Tim

Exact same problem here too

Ditto with this problem ....

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COMPENSATION_1 in C:\Domains\get-crocs.com\wwwroot\includes\modules\shipping\rmintsig.php on line 67

Also have the nutty prices when I reach the final order confirmation page.

Exact same problem here too

Ditto with this problem ....

Also have the nutty prices when I reach the final order confirmation page.

I found that when I cleared my cookies and cache it all became good, and seems to have stayed good. So not sure exactly how this module is working but if defiantly seems to do something with cookies or cache.

I found that when I cleared my cookies and cache it all became good, and seems to have stayed good. So not sure exactly how this module is working but if defiantly seems to do something with cookies or cache.

Nope, still up the spout :angry:

Thank you in advanced

Tim

I have found the problem and fixed the files, there was a break statement placed one '}' too early :blush:, so the loop didn't break out when the correct price was found. The result was that during the checkout process the maximum price for the shipping zone in the method was being picked up and stored for use at the confirmation stage.

Unfortunately this was happening in all the methods with insurance!

I have uploaded a new archive to the contribution with the files tested and fixed, just download it and copy the files over your existing ones as no variable or configuration parameters have changed.

Available from UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices, development at LABBS Subversion Repository

LABBS Web Services

I have found the problem and fixed the files, there was a break statement placed one '}' too early :blush:, so the loop didn't break out when the correct price was found. The result was that during the checkout process the maximum price for the shipping zone in the method was being picked up and stored for use at the confirmation stage.

Unfortunately this was happening in all the methods with insurance!

I have uploaded a new archive to the contribution with the files tested and fixed, just download it and copy the files over your existing ones as no variable or configuration parameters have changed.

Excellent fixed my totals problem - really pleased as this is the shipping add on I've been looking for for a long time. Well done!!

Just two things - I still get the error "Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COMPENSATION_0 in W:\www\mystore\includes\modules\shipping\rmintsig.php on line 68" in my admin area. I think I've tracked it down to line 49 of rmintsig.php .... should the 0 not be !0 if you have a UK only based shop?

The other thing was having to put a large weight in the shipping tables to prevent you ending up with no shipping options if a customer does a big order - I take it that if I was bothered to work it out I could just make my own table rates that allowed for starting another packet / parcel? Theres no reason that wouldn't work is there?

Edited by blakdog

Excellent fixed my totals problem - really pleased as this is the shipping add on I've been looking for for a long time. Well done!!

Just two things - I still get the error "Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COMPENSATION_0 in W:\www\mystore\includes\modules\shipping\rmintsig.php on line 68" in my admin area. I think I've tracked it down to line 49 of rmintsig.php .... should the 0 not be !0 if you have a UK only based shop?

The other thing was having to put a large weight in the shipping tables to prevent you ending up with no shipping options if a customer does a big order - I take it that if I was bothered to work it out I could just make my own table rates that allowed for starting another packet / parcel? Theres no reason that wouldn't work is there?

I am getting the same message so unable to use International at the moment which is really needed because most of my customers are US based. Any solution?

Glad to hear it works for you too.

I can see where you are coming from, but the check to determine if we are sending to a destination in the UK (ISO GB) is a few lines below.

The problem would seem to be initializing $dest_zone to ZERO around line# 49, having had another look at the v1.2 source a fix was put in place to select the last zone (i.e. highest number) in the case that the shipping country wasn't found in the following loop. My logic is telling me that as it stands if the destination country isn't in the zone 1 list for Europe, and it won't be in 'All Others' in zone 2, then $dest_zone will still be ZERO after the loop, rather than 2 for the rest of the world.

I think the fix is to change line#49 to

$dest_zone = $this->num_zones;

Looks like there is also a similar logic error in function quote too. :angry:

So I'll get on with making a few edits and trying to get my head around how it is working, and hopefully post another patch which actually does work as intended before too long.

THINKS: 'Maybe I shouldn't have opened the can of worms, as they won't all go back in now!'

Exactly, you can add an extra shipping charge at the end of each Zone Shipping Table to deter people if they make a very heavy order, e.g. 999:10000.

LABBS Web Services

A new version of the method rmintsig (2.04) has been uploaded to the contribution to fix broken logic in determining the destination zone in use, along with a fix to an error in the install function where there was an over sized description field in the zones costs.

LABBS Web Services

A new version of the method rmintsig (2.04) has been uploaded to the contribution to fix broken logic in determining the destination zone in use, along with a fix to an error in the install function where there was an over sized description field in the zones costs.

Hi,

I got this error message after

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COUNTRIES_1 in /home/...../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rmintsig.php on line 59

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COMPENSATION_1 in /home/...../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rmintsig.php on line 67

Hi,

I got this error message after

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COUNTRIES_1 in /home/...../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rmintsig.php on line 59

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COMPENSATION_1 in /home/...../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rmintsig.php on line 67

I think I have found the problem, if the module wasn't installed then constants didn't exist. Extra checks have been added to the class to determine if they do exist before referencing them. The Zone 2 shipping costs table has also been altered to include missing comma separators.

You can download rmintsig v2.0.5 from UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices

LABBS Web Services

Hi Guys

I'm trying to install this contribution, and seem to have done so successfully and yet it shows no postage amount on my site at all!

Can anyone advise me where I' m going wrong please.

Many thanks

Edited by erniethemilk

I think I have found the problem, if the module wasn't installed then constants didn't exist. Extra checks have been added to the class to determine if they do exist before referencing them. The Zone 2 shipping costs table has also been altered to include missing comma separators.

You can download rmintsig v2.0.5 from UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices

After installing the new package I got the errors I received before (see my post just a bit above). Then when I clicked to install the Royal Mail International Signed For I got a new page with only these error messages showing:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_SHIPPING_RMINTSIG_COMPENSATION_0 in /mnt/w0709/d11/s43/b02618b0/www/rasta_store/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rmintsig.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/w0709/d11/s43/b02618b0/www/rasta_store/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/rmintsig.php:68) in /mnt/w0709/d11/s43/b02618b0/www/rasta_store/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

I then hit the back key in my browser and it showed the Module installed as sort order 10 (should be nine if using just the contributions methods".

The major trouble now is that it still shows the install button and no edit or remove button so it just keeps taking you back to the page with the errors again.

??????? I am a novice so helpless here.

After installing the new package I got the errors I received before (see my post just a bit above). Then when I clicked to install the Royal Mail International Signed For I got a new page with only these error messages showing:

I then hit the back key in my browser and it showed the Module installed as sort order 10 (should be nine if using just the contributions methods".

The Sort Order being set to '10' is totally arbitrary on my part, and AFAIK only affects the order that the active shipping methods are displayed within the checkout process. From what I understand you could set the Sort Order to '100' and it would display with the appropriate ranking on your store within the checkout.

Overall when the method is installed correctly you can edit the Sort Order to suit your store.

The major trouble now is that it still shows the install button and no edit or remove button so it just keeps taking you back to the page with the errors again.

??????? I am a novice so helpless here.

The problem you have reported is not something I am currently able to replicate on my sandbox with rmintsig v2.05, please ensure that you have the rmintsig v2.05 package from UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices installed, as the v2.05 release was intended to remove the errors you have reported.

In all events please follow these basic steps:-

1. 'Remove' the shipping method (if you are able to)

2. CLEAR your browser's cache (and maybe even close down and restart your browser to ensure a new session has been started!)

3. Upload the latest version of the shipping method to your store's site (see UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices for the latest package)

4. 'Install' the method

5. Report how it worked for you here, so we can all benefit from your experience.

Thank You for your feedback about these shipping methods it is useful, and with your continued help everyone can benefit from a more robust collection of shipping methods for their UK store.

LABBS Web Services

Hi Guys

I'm trying to install this contribution, and seem to have done so successfully and yet it shows no postage amount on my site at all!

Many thanks

Bump, any help please...

Hi Guys

Many thanks

The shipping methods use the weight of products in the cart to calculate the cost. The methods have cost tables as comma separated lists of weight:price pairs, which you can edit within the admin->shipping->method control panels.

Have you set the weight of products in your catalogue?

The methods will only show in checkout when an order is being sent to a UK destination, apart from rmintsig which only shows when an order is being sent to a destination outside the UK.

LABBS Web Services

Hello,

I have a problem with my shipping prices. I have installed the UK_SHIPPING_METHODS_v2.03 conrtibution and on the delivery information side it shows the prices for RM standard parcel for example £10.56 and on the order confirmation side it will then show £18.91. The same problem occurs with Parcel Force it shows £20.52 on the delivery information side and on the order confirmation side it shows £142.56.

Can anyone help with this problem?

regards

Pascal

I have a problem with my shipping prices. I have installed the UK_SHIPPING_METHODS_v2.03 conrtibution and on the delivery information side it shows the prices for RM standard parcel for example £10.56 and on the order confirmation side it will then show £18.91. The same problem occurs with Parcel Force it shows £20.52 on the delivery information side and on the order confirmation side it shows £142.56.

Can anyone help with this problem?

The problem you are reporting was evident in v2.02 and reportedly fixed in v2.03, see message #213 on this forum thread.

Please check that you have the correct files installed. The installed files should have a version line of 'Version 2.03 - 29 April 2009' in the comments near the top of the files.

I have checked the uploaded v2.03 archive at UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices, and it matches the source I have on my development machine which does not display the results you have reported.

LABBS Web Services