• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIB] UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods

I would like to be able to have a message come up on the checkout shipping screen if an international customers purchases weigh more than 2kg, telling them to contact our store to arrange a personal shipping quote for their items. I have had a look at the code but as I'm fairly new to this I don't want to chance messing something up! Would anyone know how I could do this?

Hi,

That thread did not fix the problem but it did remind me of another fix I had to run in order to be able to change the payment modules here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244188

Anyway all fixed now. I appreciate that this is not a bug/error with this module but with OSCommerce itself.

Finally if I want to backup the data input for these modules where is the data astored, iws it in the SQL database or in files?

Many thanks,

Rob.

Also for those interested I have now posted my Surface mail option - I hope it works out there - it seems to on my system.

Hi csjwoodward,

I've just uploaded the necessary files to the appropriate locations, but when I go into my osCommerce control panel, Modules->Shipping, Surface Rate isn't listed and there is the following fatal error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class surface_rate in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/surface_rate.php on line 114

Any idea why?

Thanks,

M

Hi csjwoodward,

I've just uploaded the necessary files to the appropriate locations, but when I go into my osCommerce control panel, Modules->Shipping, Surface Rate isn't listed and there is the following fatal error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class surface_rate in /homepages/10/d85670999/htdocs/devshopmc/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/surface_rate.php on line 114

Any idea why?

Thanks,

M

I think you've put the same file in both of the folders in your release package instead of one of the files (the one in /languages/...etc) being the one that declares the text...or have I mucked up the download from your package??

I think you've put the same file in both of the folders in your release package instead of one of the files (the one in /languages/...etc) being the one that declares the text...or have I mucked up the download from your package??

You're right - I really should check things a bit more thoroughly before I release them. I have just made up a new release which I will be uploading in the next few minutes.

Sorry for any problems caused.

Regards

Charles

You're right - I really should check things a bit more thoroughly before I release them. I have just made up a new release which I will be uploading in the next few minutes.

Sorry for any problems caused.

Regards

Charles

No probs - thanks for the contrib.

However, I've got past that problem now and the Surface Mail option appears fine on the shop with correct weight etc calculated BUT if it is selected as the shipping method, and then <Continue> is pressed to go on to the payment method, the page merely refreshes as if in a loop so that one never reaches payment!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

No probs - thanks for the contrib.

However, I've got past that problem now and the Surface Mail option appears fine on the shop with correct weight etc calculated BUT if it is selected as the shipping method, and then <Continue> is pressed to go on to the payment method, the page merely refreshes as if in a loop so that one never reaches payment!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

Has anyone else had this problem that the page can't get past the shipping page and onto payment?? :o

any help is much appreciated

thanks

Hi,

Has anyone else had this problem that the page can't get past the shipping page and onto payment?? :o

any help is much appreciated

thanks

I've just checked this on my test system, and it does look as if there may be a problem - it seems that the payment process checks to see if a shipping method has been selected - I'm looking into it now. :'( :'(

I've just checked this on my test system, and it does look as if there may be a problem - it seems that the payment process checks to see if a shipping method has been selected - I'm looking into it now. :'( :'(

Any joy on the bug yet csj?? >_<

Any joy on the bug yet csj?? >_<

I think I've cracked it - just before I went ill I made a few changes (cosmetic or so I thought) to the scripts - but one of the changes put underscores into some of the names - after much too-ing and fro-ing I've established this is the cause of the problem. For some reason the scripts don't like the underscores.

I just need to test a bit more thoroughly, then I will re-release it.

I think I've cracked it - just before I went ill I made a few changes (cosmetic or so I thought) to the scripts - but one of the changes put underscores into some of the names - after much too-ing and fro-ing I've established this is the cause of the problem. For some reason the scripts don't like the underscores.

I just need to test a bit more thoroughly, then I will re-release it.

I've just re-released the new version. Which has been tested on both my development system, and my live working system.

If you have installed the previous version I released earlier this week please follow the installatiion instructions carefully - the previous versions must be removed to allow this one to work (if both script versions exist it can cause conflicts in the website).

Sorry for any problems this may have caused to anyone out there. I really should have learnt by know that even a seemingly cosmetic change to a script needs to be tested thoroughly.

Regards

Charles

Hi,

I went to the post office today and posted a small packet to Austria:

International Airmail small Packet 0.129 kg = £1.33

I can't see how this tallies up with the payment of this module. It would seem that it qualifies for the 2nd weight tarrif (Zone 1) :

.2:1.69

I know the module is International signed for but I doubt it is only another 36p for a signature? Am I using out doubted prices or overlooking something?

Similaraly a Small packet the USA (International Airmail Small Packet)

0.102 kg = £1.66

This would appear to fit the following tarrif for Zone 2

.2:2.48

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

Hi - I've installed the module from 30 Jan, but cannot see anything at checkout. The other module previously installed was flat rate, which I've removed, so now have no shipping method, just goes straight to payment.

What else do I need?

I would also like the choice of a courier.

thanks for your help

Andrew

getting this coming up when i go to checkout under shipping methods. any idea how to fix?

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order. Please Select

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRST_TEXT_TITLE

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRST_TEXT_WAY : 0.022 MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRST_TEXT_UNITS MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRST_DELIVERY_TIMES £1.00

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRSTREC_TEXT_TITLE

MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRSTREC_TEXT_WAY : 0.022 MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRSTREC_TEXT_UNITS MODULE_SHIPPING_RMFIRSTREC_DELIVERY_TIMES £1.68

how do i tidy this up?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've installed the Contri and its brilliant! But i'm confused with a small problem... e.g.

I have small packet price as £1.68 for 100g or under. But what is the parcel is big? I would have to charge the parcel price of £3.85 for 1KG right? How would OSC know its a big parcel? Is there any way of giving the item a 'Tag' so that OSC will automatically select the Standard Parcel price?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Hi

It's Tues afternoon and I'm falling asleep so it maybe me. I have installed it, dead easy, but it doesn't show anything for the UK. If I change my test customers country to Albania I get Airmail international signed for and no price because of the over weight (all my prods are in grams). If I change him back to UK the option goes.

I've changed GB to UK but still get no shipping options.

Can anyone help?

thanks

ian

Hi

It's Tues afternoon and I'm falling asleep so it maybe me. I have installed it, dead easy, but it doesn't show anything for the UK. If I change my test customers country to Albania I get Airmail international signed for and no price because of the over weight (all my prods are in grams). If I change him back to UK the option goes.

I've changed GB to UK but still get no shipping options.

Can anyone help?

thanks

ian

Hi again

I reinstalled first plus zones and the Royal mail 1st class standard now shows up with icon but the other rm 2nd and the same but recorded don't show.

Ian

Hi again

I reinstalled first plus zones and the Royal mail 1st class standard now shows up with icon but the other rm 2nd and the same but recorded don't show.

Ian

OK I give up!! I put all my weights as 173 grams so modified the table but that didn't work. I then changed all weights to kg ie 0.173. Now when I checkout I get all 4 options :lol: but the 1st class std says Delivery Weight : 334.173 Kg's (Ships normally within 1 to 3 days) £1.70. There's only 1 product in the basket and it weighs 173 grams.

Will leave it 'til tomorrow when I'm fresh.

Ian

OK I give up!! I put all my weights as 173 grams so modified the table but that didn't work. I then changed all weights to kg ie 0.173. Now when I checkout I get all 4 options :lol: but the 1st class std says Delivery Weight : 334.173 Kg's (Ships normally within 1 to 3 days) £1.70. There's only 1 product in the basket and it weighs 173 grams.

Will leave it 'til tomorrow when I'm fresh.

Ian

Right. That's it!! Last one then I'm off home. :'( 334 is the tare weight so set that to 0. 1st class std now says Delivery Weight : 0.1903 Kg's (Ships normally within 1 to 3 days) £1.60. Where's it picking the extra up???

Ian

Right. That's it!! Last one then I'm off home. :'( 334 is the tare weight so set that to 0. 1st class std now says Delivery Weight : 0.1903 Kg's (Ships normally within 1 to 3 days) £1.60. Where's it picking the extra up???

Ian

Solved :lol: It was the % increase for larger packages. Set to 0 and all is OK.

Cheers

Ian

Hi, There,

First of all Thanks to everyone contributing to this effort. I am currently in the process of testing OS Commerce and setting up for a friend.

I have also installed the surface mail but would like it to be as an option available to the clinet to choose. May be the client wants his goods early and would like to use Airmail for instance. However I observe that the module takes over and if the address qualifies as an international address then the only option available is the Surface mail. Even though "Airmail International Signed For" is installed it is no longer available as a choice. In UK addresses all choices are shown. How can I get the system to show both the surface mail as well as the "Airmail International Signed For"

Thanks