• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[! NEW MODULE !] Individual Shipping Zones by Product

macspyre

• 2 months later...
This shipping module will allow you to set an individual shipping price for each product per Zones !

This module can be installed for MS2.2 security update 051113.

Try it and enjoy ! :-P

* this is our first contrib of OSCommerce, and we are very proud ! :lol:

Individual Shipping Zones

I just tried out this contribution. :huh: But, I am perplexed. In admin/categories.php there is no code to show the product shipping price, nor to display, or insert in a zone and price (nor did anything show up when I tested - that is how I noticed the missing code). Did you post your working code?

:rolleyes: One change I did in the indvship.php was to have the install of the module add the required products price field, and the ship zones table (plus to have the install default to disabled so that the prices could be input prior to enabling), and to delete on uninstall. This makes integration, installation not require additional external steps other than installing the module, then adding in the additional code.

I just tried out this contribution. :huh: But, I am perplexed. In admin/categories.php there is no code to show the product shipping price, nor to display, or insert in a zone and price (nor did anything show up when I tested - that is how I noticed the missing code). Did you post your working code?

:rolleyes: One change I did in the indvship.php was to have the install of the module add the required products price field, and the ship zones table (plus to have the install default to disabled so that the prices could be input prior to enabling), and to delete on uninstall. This makes integration, installation not require additional external steps other than installing the module, then adding in the additional code.

hello,

at first you have to creat zones in admin=>taxes->zones.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I installed this Individual Product Shipping Prices per Zones module as it was just what I was looking for. However, I cannot get it to work correctly. I have as kwikone suggested earlier tracked it down to the fact that there is nowhere in the Categories or Product interface to add the entries for the individual shipping prices.

greggg, I have already added all my individual zones in admin=>taxes->zones and also in admin=>taxes->tax zones. However nothing shows up when i am adding a product.

Can someone please add the finished and (correct) working code for this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

OK - so I worked out the earlier problem of including the HTML code to insert the individual zone shipping prices...

HOWEVER - I am getting another problem now...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /catalog/includes/functions/indvshipzones.php on line 58

Line 58:

foreach(GetAllZones() as $key=>$value) {

Two lines above this is...

$nZones = count(GetAllZones());

if I print out the value of $nZones I get a value of 0!

I'm guessing the problem is something to do with my zones and the foreach is not being conditioned on a proper array. Can anyone help please.

OK - so I worked out the earlier problem of including the HTML code to insert the individual zone shipping prices...

HOWEVER - I am getting another problem now...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /catalog/includes/functions/indvshipzones.php on line 58

Line 58:

foreach(GetAllZones() as $key=>$value) {

Two lines above this is...

$nZones = count(GetAllZones());

if I print out the value of $nZones I get a value of 0!

I'm guessing the problem is something to do with my zones and the foreach is not being conditioned on a proper array. Can anyone help please.

I am experiencing the same problem, did you manage to solve this?

Anyone got the mod working?

• 1 month later...

I am trying to install this contribution for someone and I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: display() in /home/waterbiz/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 617

The line of code it is talking about is

echo Display($pInfo->products_id);

I am confused by two things...

1. why is it asking to show the products ID? Shouldn't this be the field where you are entering the correct zone or fee or whatever it is that should be added on a per product basis and if not...

2. where is that field suposed to be? It doesn't show up anywhere... if I remove the line of code causing the error the page works fine but there is no place to fill in any info.

Like the other people there are tax zones set up.

Any ideas?

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I am experiencing the same problem, did you manage to solve this?

Anyone got the mod working?

I have almost gotten it finished (but, :'( my test laptop fried the system board and it will be another few days before I am back up and running). However, this module could never have worked except using Country zones and not geo-zones. Also, there are (now it is from off the top of my head because I cant get at my patches) numerous problems with the sql (it is invalid and it also can be quite slow since there are no keys and it should be made with joins).

If anyone wishes (let me know) I can send them what I have changed and where I am with the testing - but I will need to get my laptop back operational first.

I am trying to install this contribution for someone and I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: display() in /home/waterbiz/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 617

The line of code it is talking about is

echo Display($pInfo->products_id);

I am confused by two things...

1. why is it asking to show the products ID? Shouldn't this be the field where you are entering the correct zone or fee or whatever it is that should be added on a per product basis and if not...

2. where is that field suposed to be? It doesn't show up anywhere... if I remove the line of code causing the error the page works fine but there is no place to fill in any info.

Like the other people there are tax zones set up.

Any ideas?

First - it is not displaying products_id; it is passing products_id to the Display function which is supposed to return the appropriate information. BUT, it does not work.!!!

The reason is that the SQL used is NOT correct and it DOES NOT use GEO_ZONES - it uses ZONES only (which are actually countries). If you check my previous post I need to get my laptop running and I can send what I have done to anyone who wants it (I had not finished testing the shopping cart and checkout functions - I had the Admin part running like a champ).

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...