• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Confirmation Email Text Contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...tion+email+text

OK, I've looked for the answers and checked the code but can't figure out why the email is leaving off some of the numbers in the items prices. For example you order something for 1,560 -- it shows ,560 on the email and leaves off the "thousands place", i.e., the 1.

Here's the code used in the check_out.php file

if (EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true'){	
	$list_total = $order_totals_table_beginn;
	for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
	$list_total .= $order_totals_zelle_beginn . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . $order_totals_zelle_mitte . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . $order_totals_zelle_end;
	}
	$list_total .= $order_totals_table_end;
}
else{
	for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
	$list_total .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";
	}
}

Can anyone see why this is happening?

Thanks in avance.

V

• 1 month later...

Hello,

i got the same problem.

It is related to the US $ symbol.

I assume you use it in your store.

Switch the currency symbol in admin to "USD" and run a test.

Anyway i would love to figure out how to get this working.

Anybody an idea?

• 3 months later...

I have spent the better part of a day looking at this issue. As roedel stated, it DOES have to do with the dollar sign ($). the way this contribution works, when including dollar amounts in the email, it is interpreting it as a variable;

For example: if you had a value to include in the email of "$12,567.89", the "$12" would be interpreted as a null value variable and the ",567.89" would display in the email text.

The easy fix is to replace the "$" with "\$" before including the text in the email:

I have spent the better part of a day looking at this issue. As roedel stated, it DOES have to do with the dollar sign ($). the way this contribution works, when including dollar amounts in the email, it is interpreting it as a variable;

For example: if you had a value to include in the email of "$12,567.89", the "$12" would be interpreted as a null value variable and the ",567.89" would display in the email text.

The easy fix is to replace the "$" with "\$" before including the text in the email:

Please explain how and where to change the"$" ?

THANKS!

• 6 months later...

Can anybody help me on this one? I have the same problem but do not know where to include the "/$" to get it work. I would be very glad to reveive some help on this one. Thank you very much!

• 6 months later...
Can anybody help me on this one? I have the same problem but do not know where to include the "/$" to get it work. I would be very glad to reveive some help on this one. Thank you very much!

I have the same problem. If some one can say which file alter it would help.