• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stop Paypal from making you sign up?

ahmed5

Hello,

I haven't used paypal in a while so it has probably changed, but when a non-member pays do they have to fill in all their details and not just their CC details? I don't like the fact that customers have to sign up twice - once for my site and once for paypal.

Thanks

Hello,

I haven't used paypal in a while so it has probably changed, but when a non-member pays do they have to fill in all their details and not just their CC details? I don't like the fact that customers have to sign up twice - once for my site and once for paypal.

Thanks

If you have a "Premier" or "Business" Paypal account, your customer will not have to sign up for a login to make a payment with credit card. just make sure that the email address that you have in your payment module is the same as the one in your paypal account or it wont work.

hope that helps

If you have a "Premier" or "Business" Paypal account, your customer will not have to sign up for a login to make a payment with credit card. just make sure that the email address that you have in your payment module is the same as the one in your paypal account or it wont work.

hope that helps

are you sure? when i tested it a while ago, i had to give in all my information before i made payment. it put off customers i believe.

are you sure? when i tested it a while ago, i had to give in all my information before i made payment. it put off customers i believe.

I have a premiere account, which does not cost anything and the email address used for that paypal account is the same as that used in the paypal module so that paypal recognizes the email address as being from an existing paypal member

If going by what I have noted before. it will bring the customer to the paypal page where the customer can either login with an existing paypal accout or clicking "click here" below the payment info secton if the customer does not have a PayPal account.

after which point the customer is brought to a screen when they need to enter their Shipping Information (at least they wont have to sign up for an account) next page will be credit card information and billing address if different from shipping as paypal and the cc companies use this to verify the validity of a cc.

customer finishes and are brought back to your site. obviously for customers who have a login it is shorter as the cc and other info are already there.

If going by what I have noted before. it will bring the customer to the paypal page where the customer can either login with an existing paypal accout or clicking "click here" below the payment info secton if the customer does not have a PayPal account.

after which point the customer is brought to a screen when they need to enter their Shipping Information (at least they wont have to sign up for an account) next page will be credit card information and billing address if different from shipping as paypal and the cc companies use this to verify the validity of a cc.

customer finishes and are brought back to your site. obviously for customers who have a login it is shorter as the cc and other info are already there.

I do know on my site (with a merchant paypal account) that if you have it set to save usernames and passwords that the page picks that up for the pay pal ( or maybe its a resident cookie) and auto fills in the email address to log into paypal and does not give the option of doing just a credit card pourchase.