• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ask me a question FONT size problem

Tsuri Japan

Hey guys I've installed this contrib and can not figure out how to edit the text. I know you'll say it's in CSS somewhere but it's not......I actually changed all my font sizes to 25 to see if the font Ask a question about

this product... would change but nothing. I tried editing the class=smalltext but nothing will change. It's almost like something else if controlling the font size from somewhere else and I have no clue as to what to do.....help please!

Nigelman :'(

Contribution name: Ask a Product Question
Released 11th January 2004
Released under the GNU General Public License
Copyright (c) 2004 osCommerce
 by Marg Davison
 email: [email protected]
 url  : http://www.marg-art.com
 -------------------------------------------------
Description:

Customers often will not refer to a model number or a correct
product name when asking about a product. This add-on will guarantee the
correct product info and question are sent to the appropriate person.

This is a modified "Tell a Friend", but works just fine for the above needs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update by Luke Ray 4th February 2006

What I've done is to take the contribution from 16th February 2004 and modified it so that the text "Ask a question..." is not hard coded, 
but instead included into the product_info.php language file so that it changes according to the users chosen language. Also, I have 
included a little image, person.jpg.

I have decided to keep this in the product.info.php page instead of placing it on the left/right column, because I feel its better placed there. 
I know that C. Bouwmeester made a contribution to do exactly this, but my opinion is thats its better placed in the main window instead of being 
pushed out to the side.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

================= IMPORTANT =====================
FILES INCLUDED IN PACKAGE:
/catalog/ask_a_question.php
/catalog/includes/languages/english/ask_a_question.php
/catalog/images/person.jpg

FILES YOU HAVE TO PERFORM SOMETHING ON:
/catalog/product_info.php
/catalog/includes/filenames.php
/catalog/includes/languages/english/ask_a_question.php
/catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

BACKUP ALL CHANGED FILES BEFORE STARTING - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS CAUSED.

********-BACKUP FIRST-*********

1.) Upload files to their appropriate folders.

2.)/catalog/product_info.php
---- Find:

<td align="center" class="smallText">
<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

-------- Replace with:

<tr>
			<td align="left" class="smalltext">
		<table>
			<tr>
				<td valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'person.jpg'); ?></td>
				<td><a href="ask_a_question.php?products_id=<?php echo $product_info['products_id']; ?>" ONMOUSEOVER="window.status='.:: Ask a question about this item ::.'; return true"><?php echo '' . TEXT_ASK_QUESTION . ''; ?></b></a></td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

3.) Open /catalog/includes/filenames.php (or application_top.php)
Add:
 define('FILENAME_ASK_QUESTION', 'ask_a_question.php');
Save

4) Open /catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php
Add:
define('TEXT_ASK_QUESTION', 'Ask a question about<br>this product...');

That should do it...
Any questions, please write me on the forum (Marg) or email me at [email protected]

Change the following:

/catalog/product_info.php

---- Find:

//--></script>

-------- Replace with:

<tr>
			<td align="left" class="smalltext">
		<table>
			<tr>
				<td valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'person.jpg'); ?></td>
				<td class="smalltext">><a href="ask_a_question.php?products_id=<?php echo $product_info['products_id']; ?>" ONMOUSEOVER="window.status='.:: Ask a question about this item ::.'; return true"><?php echo '' . TEXT_ASK_QUESTION . ''; ?></b></a></td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
	 </tr>
	 <tr>
//--></script>

That will give you the smalltext class for the Ask a question about....etc

Marg