• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manufacturer 2 (This is a question for gurus)

shaytaan

Hi Gurus and Experts

I run a large computer harware store with 5000+ products and I need some filtering for productlisting

If I made a Manufaturer2 for Mhz and a Manufaturer3 for MB and so on, then I can use it for filtering all products.

ex. for RAM, I need a filter for MB, a filter for Type, a filter for Mhz and so on...

and the same for Laptops, Graphic cards, etc. has Mhz, MB etc...

Here is a screenshot to get the idea :D filtering.jpg

The question goes here! Is it possible to install this contribution "Manufacturer 2" and make the filtering work in productlisting page with the existing manufacturers filtering?

Please don't answer yes or no if you'r not sure!

Becouse I tried and tired, tried again and pulled my hairs and then tired again but it's not working to together with manufacturer filtering

Everything in admin section and manufacturer2 box is working fine, but the problem is in index.php for productlisting filtering

Please advice.. what to do...

This is the contribution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2634

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

Hi Gurus and Experts

The question goes here! Is it possible to install this contribution "Manufacturer 2" and make the filtering work in productlisting page with the existing manufacturers filtering

Hi there...

I've successfully got a second manufacturer working on my site - but I was never able to get it to successfully filter on the category page - At this stage I can filter by manufacturer 1 OR manufacturer 2, but not both. I can search for both (in my advanced search page I can select to limit it to a certain manu1 & manu2). I worked at it for about a week before eventually giving up - it doesn't mean it can't be done, I'm only a novice 'hacker' - but I certainly couldn't crack it. Let me know if you get it!

Good Luck

~bobsi18~

Hi there...

I've successfully got a second manufacturer working on my site - but I was never able to get it to successfully filter on the category page - At this stage I can filter by manufacturer 1 OR manufacturer 2, but not both. I can search for both (in my advanced search page I can select to limit it to a certain manu1 & manu2). I worked at it for about a week before eventually giving up - it doesn't mean it can't be done, I'm only a novice 'hacker' - but I certainly couldn't crack it. Let me know if you get it!

Good Luck

~bobsi18~

Thanks for writing..

I've also tried my best :sweating: , but I'm not a coder, I'm a fighter :ph34r:

Is there any PHP coder, who can take care of this little problem? (w00t)

This is a essential module/addon for all Computer Stores

Please...

Edited by shaytaan

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

• 1 month later...

I've actually been attempting to incorporate the contribution you provided me with but have some admin side errors after install - namely I can no longer EDIT any of my existing products, and when I click the edit button for any of them I get an sql error that states:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '1052' and p.products_id = pd.p' at line 1

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.manufacturers2_id fromproducts p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '1052' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Obviuosly 1052 was just the product number from OSC but something is obviously up.

There were also a few omissions in the code that related to defining the new database table "manufacturers2_info" which was missing from the install instructions -and if not added in by hand to the admin side databade_tables.php file you'd get another SQL error when you tried to add a new manufacturer in the manufactuerer2 area of the admin panel. The missing line was " define('TABLE_MANUFACTURERS2_INFO', 'manufacturers2_info');"

Anyway..... The obvious problem is I cant edit existing catalog products which means I cant define the extra manufacturer attribute to them (my store sells music, and manufacturer2 is for defining the record label of each product so people can "BROWSE BY LABEL" as well as "BROWSE BY ARTIST" which is currently manufacturer 1 that comes in the stock OSC setup)

My store is here should you want to view the catalog side to see what I'm trying to do:

http://www.forcerecordings.com

Edited by CLRH2O

• 4 months later...

This is EXACTY the tool i need. I hope sopmeone can get it working.

An example in my case would be, first filter by "ATV or Motor Cycle"... then choose, "Honda, Kawasaki, etc." then by Year "1998, 1999, 200, etc."

They all need to stay selected so the user can refine their search... it does not good to only be able to search by one of the other... we need to be able to use ALL the selections.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
This is EXACTY the tool i need. I hope sopmeone can get it working.

An example in my case would be, first filter by "ATV or Motor Cycle"... then choose, "Honda, Kawasaki, etc." then by Year "1998, 1999, 200, etc."

They all need to stay selected so the user can refine their search... it does not good to only be able to search by one of the other... we need to be able to use ALL the selections.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm searching for tha same tool, but didn't find it yet.

So when listing products i need to have options to filter products by DDRAM, Socket etc. Or lets say if you are seing monitors, then you could choose to view only the 19'' ones listed.

I know there it is a solution for that. I saw great contribs on this site, and I think they are more complicated than thisone we are searching for. Hope it will appear. Shame on me I'm not a coder. :(