• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Do I smell or something??

I have posted a couple of question regarding help with Easy Populate and so far have had no response. Am I asking stupid questions or being dim in some way?

Is there anyone out there among the good people of these forums than can help a newbie populate the fields of the orders_products_downloads query/module/part/thingy of my SQL database wotnot

When I log into my SQL Database via MyPHPAdmin I can look at the contents of a "module" called orders_products_download which appears to be all the information that would normally be input under the Admin/Catalog/Product Attributes section where you would fill in the filename for the download.

All I want to do is add the fields withinn orders_products_download to Easy Populate so I can insert/update the download info along with new products for my store.

The field headers from orders_products_download are:

orders_products_download_id, orders_id, orders_products_id, orders_products_filename, download_maxdays, download_count,

Now have tried simply adding these to the header row in the CSV I am editing (using MS Excel) and then using Easy Populate to add a couple of new sample items to the database. Of course this does not work (for the download info, but the new products get inserted) and I presume this means there is some code in the Easy Populate Contribution that I need to amend.

Thing is I am newby who knows next to nothing about changing code to something that actually works. This is why I have posted my question on these forums - alas to no avail so far.

If there is something wrong with what I am asking or the way I am asking it, could someone let me know. If there is nothing wrong with what I am asking or the way I am asking it, could someone advise either how I can accomplish the result I need or suggest who I amy contact that may be able to help.

Sorry to be a whinger, but my store is currently at a stand still as I can't face adding hundreds of FILENAMES for the downloads via the admin consol.

Thanks for your help in advance.

To my knowledge, download filenames are stored as a product attribute, which easy populate alreay has the ability to handle.

The table orders_products_download stores info related to ordered products, as a record of downloadable goods orders.

Maybe I misunderstood what you're wanting to do.

Aha, you see I could be holding the stick by the wrong end.

Basically what i want to do is add the download filename to my CSV file for Easy Populate. So that in effect when I'm adding products via easy populate, I can also add the download filename too so I do not have to sit and add the filename via the Product Attributes screen in the Admin consol.

Lets say for argument I want to add ONE new downloadable product to my store. I would open the Admin consol and go to the Easy Populate entry under Catalog. Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit and open that in Excel for edit.

I add my one product filling in all the details in EP as I go. Then save my CSV and use EP to add it to my Database. Then because the item I have just added is a downloadable product (all of mine are) I have to go into the Product Attributes section of the OSC Admin consol and find the product. Then I need to add the filename for the download.

So if I were to add 100 new items to my store instead of 1, I know I only need edit the CSV file once and add it to the database but then I need to go and find those 100 products and insert the filename for the download on each one plus it's options. Now as my Filenames are the same as my items titles, it makes sense to use excels capabilities to copy the contents of the items title cell to create the items filename for the download.

Therefor I want to be able to add the filename directly in to the CSV i'm editing and import that into the Database so I don't have to keep using the admin consol/Catalog/Product attributes method.

I hope this makes things a little clearer to understand

Sure, it makes perfect sense.

What version of EP are you using? Do you have it (EP) running ok already? In other words, have you tried any test runs?

Thanks for your reply's choosealogin and Stevenmack65

I have EP version Easy Populate 2.76c-MS2 - Default Language : English(1) up and running and working fine as is - straight from the box. I have fiddled about a little as I do to learn my way round these things, and was comfortable enough with EP to add some products. I added approx 30 products and with the exception of a duplicate and one where i put the wrong category in a cell so EP made a new category for it, everything is good.

I have tried a couple of other things, just playing around, downloading my DB via EP and uploading it again to see that there are no conflicts or unusual happenings and all is good. I also simply tried inserting the relevent number of columns and inserting the header row from the table named orders_products_download. That did not work, but as you mentioned that may not be the correct table, and therefor I would not work.

Hope you can shed some more light on this for me. Once again thanks for your input

I'm far from an expert on this download stuff, but this is what I would look at next:

Just a couple of things...

Around line 97 of easypopulate.php,

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = true;

Do you have that set to 'true'? That's good.

Do you have dowloads enabled already? That's important...or the filename attributes won't show up for you, to my knowledge.

If so, go put in one test product, the old fashioned way (in osC admin).

Then go to admin>>catalog>>products_attributes and add the necessary attribute (filename) for that test product.

If you still have the demo products, you can look at the attribute for Unreal Tournaments as an example.

Then download a complete EP file.

Your test product should show it's attribute in that file.

You should be able to follow the example you'll have in your EP file to go on from there, adding filenames (as attributes) for your other products.

I'm far from an expert on this download stuff, but this is what I would look at next:

Just a couple of things...

Around line 97 of easypopulate.php,

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = true;

Do you have that set to 'true'? That's good.

Do you have dowloads enabled already? That's important...or the filename attributes won't show up for you, to my knowledge.

If so, go put in one test product, the old fashioned way (in osC admin).

Then go to admin>>catalog>>products_attributes and add the necessary attribute (filename) for that test product.

If you still have the demo products, you can look at the attribute for Unreal Tournaments as an example.

Then download a complete EP file.

Your test product should show it's attribute in that file.

You should be able to follow the example you'll have in your EP file to go on from there, adding filenames (as attributes) for your other products.

Thanks for that. I have just "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" and opened that up in excel. There is at least one product for which I have inserted teh download filename the old fashioned way via the Admin Consol.

In Excel the fields look like this:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_name_2 v_products_description_2 v_products_url_2 v_products_name_3 v_products_description_3 v_products_url_3 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_2 v_attribute_options_name_1_3 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

The corresponding product details look like this:

55 Service Manual Shop with Brother and Adobe Logo SM.jpg Brother HL-1030, 1240, 1250, 1270n Service Manual <p align="justify">Supplied in the popular PDF format for easy and quick access and download. </p></font> 3.5 0.2 0000-00-00 00:00:00 10 1 Delivery Format 1 Download Only 0 2 Download & CD by mail 6.5 3 CD By Post Only 5.5 Brother Printers Laser Service-Manuals --none-- Active EOREOR

This file definately has a download filename assigned to it as I set myself just a couple of hours ago and you can go to the store and download it after checkout. However, as you can see I don't get the FILENAME column in the header row.

In MyPHPAdmin I have a table called products_attributes_download with the following headings;

products_attributes_id products_attributes_filename products_attributes_maxdays products_attributes_maxcount

I now assume this is table who's info I want to add to using EP. Any clues here then?

Thanks Again

In MyPHPAdmin I have a table called products_attributes_download with the following headings;

products_attributes_id products_attributes_filename products_attributes_maxdays products_attributes_maxcount

I now assume this is table who's info I want to add to using EP. Any clues here then?

You found the right table. Those 4 fields need to be added the easypopulate.php file. Simply adding them to the header row in excel won't do it, as I think you already found out.

Since those are in a table that's not even looked at in EP as it stands, I don't have a quick fix. I could play with that but it will take a little time.

Thanks for that. I'll gladly await any fix you can come up with.

I am currently playing with imprting exel files via the MyPHPAdmin consol, but it's very messy for a newby like moi!

Thanks again in advance.