Sign in to follow this  
creativepartyzone

Help please!!!! Error Message

After trying to install Product Attributes - Option Type Feature contribution I have the following error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/creativ1/public_html/store/catalog/includes/configure.php:47) in /home/creativ1/public_html/store/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I am new to oscommerce and php and I was trying to install Product Attributes - Option Type Feature contribution. I installed the option_type_feature.sql and the insert_text_option_value.sql through phpmyadmin as the instructions said. I also copied and paste:

// CLR 020605 defines needed for Product Option Type feature

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', 0);

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXT', 1);

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_RADIO', 2);

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_CHECKBOX', 3);

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_TEXTAREA', 4); // DDB - 041107 - add textarea field

define('TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_');

define('PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUE_TEXT_ID', 0); //Must match id for user defined "TEXT" value in db table TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES

at the end of catalog/includes/configure.php as the instructions said. I then went into my admin panel and then catalog and I received the following error message:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/creativ1/public_html/store/catalog/includes/configure.php:47) in /home/creativ1/public_html/store/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

I played around with it for a little while and then I restored the backup i created before i started. I am still getting the error message.

Can someone please help me clear the error message. Thank you

Make sure you have no whitespace (that includes spaces and linebreaks) after the closing ?> tag in includes/configure.php.

I made sure there wasn't any white space and I'm still getting the same error code. Is there a version of oscommerce with this contribution installed? I really need this attribute, I sell personalized items and need to allow customers to input text.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry I'm being such a pain, but I really need someway to allow customers to input information. If there isn't a version of oscommerce with this type of contribution already installed is it possible for me to move the add comments to order box from the payment information page to all the product pages. If it is possible will the comments still show up in the order confirmation. Please someone help. my webstore won't work without customers being able to input personalized information.

Edited by creativepartyzone

Kgt pointed to pretty much the only reason for your error.

One single (invisible) space will cause that. Put your mouse at the end of the file and drag it to the ?> at the end...and delete the space.

also, just in case - editing in cPanel will add an empty line at the end. So if you're using that, use something else to edit w/.

Wow, I thought at least one person would be willing to help me. So much for the Support forums.

At least one person DID help you. Remember help on these forums is free, and no one here is getting paid in any way to answer questions. It's volunteer-based support.

If you cannot get the error to go away or cannot get the contribution installed, you can always pay someone to do it, or find a pre-packaged OSCommerce store that is sold with the contribution already installed. If you want the free help, expect that sometimes people won't be answering questions in the middle of the night. Sometimes you'll have to wait until the next morning.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations