• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't Get Articles to display using Article Manager and STS

charagg

Hi,

This is my second time posting this request. Hopefully, someone can be so kind as to offer some insight into why this won't work. I've installed Article Manager on a site that has STS (Simple Template System) installed. Everything seems to be working fine on the Admin side, but can't get anything to show up on the Catalog side. To see what I mean, please visit: http://williamsimports.fatcow.com/articles.php

If there is anyone that has successfully installed the Article Manager module on a site with STS, please help. I've searched for two days now and kind find an answer.

Thanks,

Ara

Hi,

This is my second time posting this request. Hopefully, someone can be so kind as to offer some insight into why this won't work. I've installed Article Manager on a site that has STS (Simple Template System) installed. Everything seems to be working fine on the Admin side, but can't get anything to show up on the Catalog side. To see what I mean, please visit: http://williamsimports.fatcow.com/articles.php

If there is anyone that has successfully installed the Article Manager module on a site with STS, please help. I've searched for two days now and kind find an answer.

Thanks,

Ara

I do not use Article Manager but I do use STS. I would check my STS and Article Manager installations to make sure I was not missing any files.

Try posting your question in the correct forums and you may get a response. To post your question at the STS forum, use this link.

Thanks,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I do not use Article Manager but I do use STS. I would check my STS and Article Manager installations to make sure I was not missing any files.

Try posting your question in the correct forums and you may get a response. To post your question at the STS forum, use this link.

Thanks,

Bill Kellum

Thanks Bill. Unfortunately, I've double, triple, and quadruple (I think that's how its spelled) checked my installations and still can't get the darned thing to work. I actually just sent Rigadin an email regarding this matter, but haven't received a response. I did find something in the STS 4.1 documentation that sort of talks about this, but it's sort of vague and doesn't give me enough info. I've pasted it below:

- START-

5.4 Create your own STS modules

5.4.1 Why?

Each module takes care of selecting the template corresponding to a particular script.

You may want to create a different template when displaying the new products page or create templates to display articles after having installed a contribution.

5.4.2 How?

The easiest way is to copy an existing module and rename it to the name of the script you want to use templates. If your script is articles.php, you module will be includes/modules/sts/sts_articles.php. In this module you will have to modify the find_template function to select the template according for example to the article ID to be displayed.

If you want to select a template according to the manufacturer page, you have to modify the module includes/modules/sts/sts_index.php to look for the manufacturer ID.

5.5 Create your own placeholder file to include

5.5.1 Why?

Placeholder files contain code to create the variables used to replace the placeholders of the templates. This code can be put in the sts_user_code.php file, but placed in a separate file it allows, via the modules configuration, to limit the execution of the code only to the modules that need these new variables. Example: you want to create new variables for a contribution that displays several images on the product info page. If you put it in sts_user_code.php, all pages will run this code even it is not used. If you place it in a separate file and configure only the product info module to use it, the code will run only when needed.

It is also easier to share. Example: somebody has created a file with variables for the header tags contribution, to use it you only need to copy it and to configure the modules that will use it, via the admin section.

5.5.2 How?

Put the code in a file, put the file in the includes/modules/sts_inc/ folder and configure the modules that will use this file.

- END -

Regarding posting this question in the correct area, do I use the New Topic button or Add Reply? I've been using New Topic thinking that it would post to the correct area - I supposed I was wrong?

Thanks

- Ara

Woohoo! I finally found a solution - it took enough searching though! I suppose I was just looking in the wrong place! For those people out there who have been experiencing the same problem and haven't been able find a solution, view the post at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry740651

It worked for me!

- Ara