Jack_mcs

SiteMonitor

It may show up when SiteMonitor is ran but it isn't caused by SiteMonitor, except maybe that SiteMonitor accesses some code that causes it to be created. I found this thread that sounds like it explains the cause: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-custom-php-ini/

. I found this thread that sounds like it explains the cause: http://forum.ait-pro.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-custom-php-ini/

Yes, that thread sheds light on the subject. My take is that when I do anything in the admin side this file is generated and then shown any other new or changed file would be by site monitor. It was a bit befuddling at first but I'll just live with it showing up in site monitor results. Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

If the name of the file is the same, then you could add it to the exclude list in the code. But it doesn't sound like its the same so that probably won't work.

Hi Jack,

just having a little trouble getting this to work. I've read this thread and seen that others have had this same issue, but I can't see how anyone has fixed it. As far as I can tell I've installed correcetly but I'm getting this error:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/**myusername**/public_html/**mydirectory**/catalog/**myadmin**/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 364
Reference file creation failed!

Thanks a lot

If you get that when you first start, it's normal. If you click it after clicking on the first update button, it's a server issue. If you get it by clicking on the second update button without first clicking on the first (for first time use), then you are using it wrong.

Hi Jack,

This is what is happening:

I go to the configure page, set my options and press "update". When I do that I get the red error bar across the top but it is empty, there is no error there.

Then I go to admin and press the first button. This is when I get the error I posted in the message above.

When I go back to configure, all the options are back to default, anything I changed has gone.

If it is "a server issue", do you know what I might need to do to fix it?

Thanks

If you get that when you first start, it's normal. If you click it after clicking on the first update button, it's a server issue. If you get it by clicking on the second update button without first clicking on the first (for first time use), then you are using it wrong.

The configure section is the main problem. Until it is setup correctly, the admin section probably won't work right. You should just be getting a red bar. If it is failing the update, which it sounds like it is, there should be text in that failure. But my guess is that the error would be that the configure file couldn't be written to. If you look at the error log in admin it might indicate the failure. Usually when this happens it is because the server is setup to not allow writing to the files or maybe the ownership of the files is not correct. You would need to ask your host to look at that. Though it would be easier for them if you were able to show the failure so I suggest looking at the error log first. You may have to look at the servers error log to see it. That may be visible in your control panel. If not, you would need to ask your host to check it.

Hi Jack. I think I have fixed the problem.

I manually opened sitemonitor_configure_0.txt through FTP and changed:

$start_dir = '/home/username/public_html'; //your shops root

TO:

$start_dir = '/home/MY_REAL_USERNAME/public_html'; //your shops root

And now everything seems to be working correctly.

Thanks

If you couldn't write to the configure file from within the script, then I doubt it will work properly when ran since it has to create and write to other files.

I am having problem with site monitor not sending me emails. Any ideas where to look?

I am not sure if this has anything to do with the emails, but I had problem setting up sitemonitor to work because the configure file could not be written to. I added the settings manually and now it works. I added a new file to test and it was found during the scan. But the results fo the scan were not sent to the email address.

I have a new problem now. Cron jobs dont seem to work.

I have set godaddy to email me with warning messages regarding the cron jobs. This is what I get:

/bin/sh: php: command not found

Is this a problem with the hosting?

Heres the code for the cron job I'm using (with a few things changed for protection)

php /home/content/00/0000000/html/catalog/admin/sitemonitor.php 0

I also tried

php /home/content/00/0000000/html/catalog/admin/sitemonitor.php?instance=0

Edited by karoloydi

ok found the solution.

If anyone else with godaddy account has the same problem add this before the cron job:

/web/cgi-bin/php5

So the full code should be:

/web/cgi-bin/php5 [color=#000000]php [/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#000000]home[/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#000000]content[/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#006666]00[/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#006666]0000000[/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#000000]html[/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#000000]catalog[/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#000000]admin[/color][color=#666600]/[/color][color=#000000]sitemonitor[/color][color=#666600].[/color][color=#000000]php [/color][color=#006666]0[/color]

OK. Last request for assistance:

In the site monitor hacker test the email sender appears as my admin username. I don't want to have that for practical and also security reasons in case my email gets hacked.

Any way to change that to "site monitor"?

Also, when I add a hacker test finding in the exclude list, will that only add the line of code found? Or will it add the entire file?

Thanks

I think the hacker test uses the email address in the settings of SiteMonitor but I haven't looked at it in a while so I may be wrong. Do you have the email address set to where you want it to go? Regarding the exclude list in the hacker test, it excludes the whole file.

Thanks for your reply. It would be nice if you could exclude only some lines of code.Cause with all the warnings that there are there it will be easy to miss if there's a real warning. And I dont wanna exclude whole files.

The email sent for the normal site monitor file has the same address as the one I have put in the settings. It appears as sitemonitor@@MySitesOnline.com via p0nlhftpg000.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net

But the email for the hacked file is: username <username@p0nlhftpg000.shr.prod.phx3.secureserver.net>

I'll put this on the list of things for the next version.

It will work on any oscommerce-based shop but you will have to adjust the installation to deal with the menu system oscmax uses.

It will work on any oscommerce-based shop but you will have to adjust the installation to deal with the menu system oscmax uses.

Thank you very much. Is there any guidance on installation adjustments necessary?

Thank you very much. Is there any guidance on installation adjustments necessary?

I forgot to say that I'd tried to follow the instructions on osCmax forum for setting up Sitemonitor (2.9) but it seems to be no longer relevant for Sitemonitor 3.2

No there's no instructions for that since it was written for the stock oscommerce shop. And It is against forum rules to provide support for other shops. So you will either need to seek help in that forum or pay someone to make the changes for you.

Hi I am trying to set up SiteMonitor on a fresh 2.3.3.4 website. I get to step 6 and run the third option and I get the following message:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html,/home/username/public_html): The system cannot find the path specified. (code: 3) in C:\xampp\htdocs\kc14\KCAPaneL\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 364

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 364

No new files found...

Found a deleted file named

No size differences found...

No time mismatches found...

No permissions mismatches found...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitemonitor (0) ran on December 11, 2013, 11:48 am

Total mismatches found were 1

Total files being monitored is 0

Email sent to shop owner.

Reference file deleted due to reset setting.

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html,/home/username/public_html): The system cannot find the path specified. (code: 3) in C:\xampp\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 364

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 364

Reference file creation failed!

I also found that step 4 is unnecessary as the code has changed to include everything under admin/includes/boxes/

Please could anyone shed some light?

Many thanks in advance.

Debbie Harrison

It appears you don't have the configure section setup correctly or there is a problem with your sites configure file. The error is saying it can't find /home/username/public_html,/home/username/public_html/ and shows you are running this on a Windows computer. Do you really have such a path on your computer? Even if you do, the comman in that path is invalid.