Latest News: (loading..)
Jack_mcs

SiteMonitor

2,173 posts in this topic

Hi again, hope you are well.

I am still having problems with the program returning to a white screen. You say it could be because there are too many files and its timing out. Is there a way to manually empty the file so that no files are present? Also I do not seem to have the instance option, my version is V2.9.

Do you think it would be best up remove sitemonitor and then install it again? I am sure just cleaning out the refernce file would be the best and quickest option but what do you think?

Thank you

Michael

Just a quick update, I copied across the original reference file from the download files and over wrote the file on my store and it appears to work properly now. I can now delete the refence file and create a new one.

thank you

Michael

Jack, I've noticed that the SiteMonitor might not be monitoring files - any idea what might be the reason? I've uploaded new file checkout_success_backup1.php in the root of the shop and it is not being picked up - No mismatches found. Any ideas please?

Jack, I've noticed that the SiteMonitor might not be monitoring files - any idea what might be the reason? I've uploaded new file checkout_success_backup1.php in the root of the shop and it is not being picked up - No mismatches found. Any ideas please?

If it was working previously and isn't now, then something either changed in the settings or on the server. The former seems more likely though I can't think of anything that would cause that. Try deleting the reference file, click on the top update button, add a file and click on the second update button to see if that works.

After deleting the reference file, it's working again, not quite sure what was causing it....

After deleting the reference file, it's working again, not quite sure what was causing it....

If there are a lot of files to check, Sitemonitor may be timing out. If it happens again, I suggest limiting what is being searched (exclude images, for example) and see if it fails then. If not, then you'll need to create an instance to check only the images.

Hi, on your read me file,

Step 5 and Step 6, I am not quite sure what do you mean, can you please tell me where I go to find the setting?

osCommerce backend or the php files?

I followed Step1 to Step 4, but I did not see any change to administrator area, and

when I typed http://localhost/myshop/catalog/admin/sitemonitor.php

it showed 2 errors?

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html,/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: The system cannot find the path specified. (code: 3) in C:\Program Files 2\wamp\www\myshop\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 343

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files 2\wamp\www\myshop\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 343

what file should I modify?

Many thanks in advance.

lyn

Hi, on your read me file,

Step 5 and Step 6, I am not quite sure what do you mean, can you please tell me where I go to find the setting?

osCommerce backend or the php files?

I followed Step1 to Step 4, but I did not see any change to administrator area, and

when I typed http://localhost/myshop/catalog/admin/sitemonitor.php

it showed 2 errors?

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html,/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: The system cannot find the path specified. (code: 3) in C:\Program Files 2\wamp\www\myshop\catalog\admin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 343

The error is saying it can't find the location specified. Are you sure the username of your account is username, as shown? Assuming it isn't, it means you have not configured the settings. If you can't see the configuration section in admin, then you've made a mistake in the installation or there is something in your admin that is preventing it from showing.

Jack, I was just curious, is it possible to include a sleep_time to avoid this annoying Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded ? One one of my servers, I keep getting this error with so many larger directories excluded.

Jack, I was just curious, is it possible to include a sleep_time to avoid this annoying Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded ? One one of my servers, I keep getting this error with so many larger directories excluded.

You can insert sleep statements wherever you like and it may work. Some servers won't allow that to work as a way around the time but others will. But that is what the instances are for. You may want to try doing it that way.

A little hint what would be the best place to insert it...?

In the runSitemonitor function in admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php file, add one before each section, which are indicated by a statement like /************** SEE IF THERE ARE ANY NEW FILES ****************/

Not sure if that is going to work without complicated function, adding just sleep(15); didn't work (500 error). So, I guess that using similar to this would have to be done:

define('sleep_time',2);
protected function serverUnload( &$iteration_time, &$script_slept ) {
// Stop server overloading
 if ( ( microtime( true ) - $iteration_time ) >= $this->allowed_time_before_sleep ) {
   sleep( $this->sleep_time );
	$script_slept += $this->sleep_time;
   ini_get( 'safe_mode' ) ? null : set_time_limit( $this->script_time_limit );
   $iteration_time = microtime( true );
   }
  }

Just an idea anyway... I'm aware about instances but I thought that this might also work, no need to run twice or more times...

Edited by mr_absinthe

Not sure if that is going to work without complicated function, adding just sleep(15); didn't work (500 error). So, I guess that using similar to this would have to be done:

define('sleep_time',2);
protected function serverUnload( &$iteration_time, &$script_slept ) {
// Stop server overloading
 if ( ( microtime( true ) - $iteration_time ) >= $this->allowed_time_before_sleep ) {
   sleep( $this->sleep_time );
	$script_slept += $this->sleep_time;
   ini_get( 'safe_mode' ) ? null : set_time_limit( $this->script_time_limit );
   $iteration_time = microtime( true );
   }
  }

Just an idea anyway... I'm aware about instances but I thought that this might also work, no need to run twice or more times...

That code references a class, which doesn't exist. Besides, it is just excuting the same sleep statement so will most likely fail too. An internal server error shouldn't occur with that command. I suspect it is due to the function missing on your server, or something like that. You should try creating a file with just the sleep command in it and try to access that file via the web, like ...com/test_sleep.php. If it fails, it is a server issue.

Hi,

I know there is already few questions answers about "Your username is invalid." but none if working for me

the error i got

error.gif Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.: System -> /home/hende/public_html/ - SiteMonitor -> /home/hende/public_html/

can you help me please? thx

the error i got

error.gif Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.: System -> /home/hende/public_html/ - SiteMonitor -> /home/hende/public_html/

That only occurs on old versions. You should update to the latest version.

Hi

I appear to have successfully set this up the only error message I am getting is

Failed to open file sitemonitor_db_reference.txt.

I have not got this file I assume it is written by the programme.

the error log for the site gives

[Mon Apr 30 09:25:58 2012] [error] [client XXX.XX.X.XX] PHP Warning: unlink(sitemonitor_reference_0.txt): Permission denied in /var/www/html/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/catalog/xxxxxxx*admin/sitemonitor_admin.php on line 101, referer: http://xxxxxxxxxxx/catalog/xxxxxxx*admin/sitemonitor_admin.php

[Mon Apr 30 09:25:58 2012] [error] [client XXX.XX.X.XX] PHP Warning: opendir(/var/www/html/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/catalog/xxxxxxx/images/cursors): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /var/www/html/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/catalog/xxxxxxxxxx*admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 343, referer: http://xxxxxxxxxx/catalog/xxxxxxxxxx*admin/sitemonitor_admin.php

the image file is set to read and write can you say what other files/directories have to have their permissions changed as I do not wish to change permissions on unnessary files/directories?.

Thanks

Hi

I appear to have successfully set this up the only error message I am getting is

Failed to open file sitemonitor_db_reference.txt.

I have not got this file I assume it is written by the programme.

the error log for the site gives

[Mon Apr 30 09:25:58 2012] [error] [client XXX.XX.X.XX] PHP Warning: unlink(sitemonitor_reference_0.txt): Permission denied in /var/www/html/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/catalog/xxxxxxx*admin/sitemonitor_admin.php on line 101, referer: http://xxxxxxxxxxx/catalog/xxxxxxx*admin/sitemonitor_admin.php

[Mon Apr 30 09:25:58 2012] [error] [client XXX.XX.X.XX] PHP Warning: opendir(/var/www/html/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/catalog/xxxxxxx/images/cursors): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /var/www/html/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/catalog/xxxxxxxxxx*admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 343, referer: http://xxxxxxxxxx/catalog/xxxxxxxxxx*admin/sitemonitor_admin.php

the image file is set to read and write can you say what other files/directories have to have their permissions changed as I do not wish to change permissions on unnessary files/directories?.

Thanks

The code is trying to create that file but is not able to. You need to show the error to your host. They'll probably need to change the ownereship of the admin directory.

Hi I just installed SiteMonitor and it works great. I just have one small problem when I got into the admin section of my site and click on SiteMonitor tab I get this in red at the top of the page "error.gif WARNING: Your admin name is admin. That should be changed. " how do I fit this?

Cheers

Stan

Hi I just installed SiteMonitor and it works great. I just have one small problem when I got into the admin section of my site and click on SiteMonitor tab I get this in red at the top of the page "error.gif WARNING: Your admin name is admin. That should be changed. " how do I fit this?

Cheers

Stan

Change the name of the adnim folder to something that is not easy to guess, using your hosts cpanel or equivalent. Once the file has been changed open both of your includes/configure files and alter the references to admin to your new folder name. It really is that simple. You may have to alter the file permissions before you can alter the configure files, just rememder to change them back to what they originally were.

Change the name of the adnim folder to something that is not easy to guess, using your hosts cpanel or equivalent. Once the file has been changed open both of your includes/configure files and alter the references to admin to your new folder name. It really is that simple. You may have to alter the file permissions before you can alter the configure files, just rememder to change them back to what they originally were.

All fixed up thank you so much I feel my site is a little safer now. :D

HI I just tried to Delete Reference File Delete the reference file and create a new one. But when I clicked on the update button I get this error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in home/theaquar/public_html/tasa/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 635

So I had a look at line 635 and it is like this; $parts = explode(",", $path); is there a problem here if so what is the fix for it. I have also change the admin file name resently, not sure if the would have made a difference or not. Thanks for all you help

Cheers

Stan

HI I just tried to Delete Reference File Delete the reference file and create a new one. But when I clicked on the update button I get this error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

When you use the first update button to delete the referene file, the code reads it in first. If the file is large enough that can cause the timeout. In that case, you will need to delete the sitemonitor_reference_X.txt file manually, where X is the instance number.

HI,

I just installed Sitemonite For RC2,

getting this message when trying update the configure file for the first time.

Failed to open file /home/myshop/public_html/admin/sitemonitor_configure_0.txt

file permission is 666

any idea where is the error?

Thanks...

HI,

I just installed Sitemonite For RC2,

getting this message when trying update the configure file for the first time.

Failed to open file /home/myshop/public_html/admin/sitemonitor_configure_0.txt

file permission is 666

any idea where is the error?

Be sure that that is the correct path to the file, which should be present. You can verify that by looking at the path in the admin->Modules->Payment 9below the modules).