• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Wait a minute I just noticed that the job runs manually only if I am logged in to the admin, but If I log out of the admin and put the address http://www.mywebsite.com/admin/sitemonitor.php it brings me to a login to my admin. It looks like I have to be logged into my admin for it to work manually Don't know why.

Yes, you need to be logged in to admin to perform any function in it. You could try removing require('includes/application_top.php'); from the sitemonitor.php file. It is no longer needed and should not have been left in there.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, you need to be logged in to admin to perform any function in it. You could try removing require('includes/application_top.php'); from the sitemonitor.php file. It is no longer needed and should not have been left in there.

Jack

Ok Removing that looks like it's working now, Thanks but I get the Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 154

Is there a way in increase the Timeout?

Never mind I see on page 2 you spoke about the Timeout Thanks for your help.

Edited by tegralens

Jack

Is there a way to add this to somewhere for the Time Out issue.

Support told me that the Time Out can Be changed Per Script see their comment Below

Yes, it can be changed per script:

set_time_limit(seconds) - Resets the counter to 0 and then sets the max time limit to seconds.

or

init_set('max_execution_time', seconds) - simply sets the maximum execution time.

You may also want to use

sleep(seconds) - to yield time to other scripts so that you don't use too many resources at one time.

You can try placing

set_time_limit(0);

anywhere in the code. Probably in sitemonitor.php before the runSiteMonitor line. It won't work on all servers but if your host said it would on theirs, it is worth trying.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, I think I have it working now. I had to use Control Panel to CHMOD the configuration file to get it to take the changes I made, then everything started to work.

Hi,

Could you elaborate on this? I am getting an error message after trying your previous modification. Before that, these are the problems I had:

If I clicked on Delete Reference File from the admin area, I'd get this message:

Warning: opendir() [function.opendir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/username/public_html) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 56

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Operation not permitted in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 56

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 58

Reference file creation failed.

When I tried to set up the Configuration in the admin area, I'd get this error:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 195

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/username/public_html/admin/sitemonitor_configure.php)

Any ideas/suggestions about what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

I just uploaded a new version. It just removes the loading of application_top.php and also fixes the code that removal will cause. To update, just replace the sitemonitor.php and includes/functions/sitemonitor.php file.

I also added the set_time_limit call but that will need to be removed for any site on a server runing in safe mode.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just uploaded a new version. It just removes the loading of application_top.php and also fixes the code that removal will cause. To update, just replace the sitemonitor.php and includes/functions/sitemonitor.php file.

I also added the set_time_limit call but that will need to be removed for any site on a server runing in safe mode.

Jack

Thanks. I uploaded the new version and when I tried to set up the configuration I got this error:

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 196

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/username/public_html/admin/sitemonitor_configure.php)

And again, when deleting the reference file I get:

Warning: opendir() [function.opendir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/username/public_html) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 56

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Operation not permitted in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 56

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/username/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 58

Reference file creation failed.

Do I need to change permissions somewhere? Or what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks for any help!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

Those are server related problems. You will need to ask your host to see if they will assist you with them.

Jack

Thanks! I'll check with them, but if anyone else comes up with a solution, please let me know! My host usually says it's a script error whenever I bring these kinds of issues up... :(

jailaxmi

Those are server related problems. You will need to ask your host to see if they will assist you with them.

Jack

Actually, the problem would be with the code in that you're probably referencing full paths for files instead of setting the PHP path enviroment variable and using relative paths, which is a shared server safe solution. I could be wrong, though.

Great idea, for a contrib! I just noticed it in the RSS list of new/updated contribs and now am just dinking around the code seeing how it all works. You've written some really clean, quality code -- reads like a good novel. :)

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

You can try placing
set_time_limit(0);

anywhere in the code. Probably in sitemonitor.php before the runSiteMonitor line. It won't work on all servers but if your host said it would on theirs, it is worth trying.

Jack

Thanks Jack That worked Perfectly Everything is fine Now thanks again and Great Contrib!

• 1 month later...

No, you don't have to do that. The file structure changed in the last version so you have to upload all of the files included in the contribution. Just follow the install instructions. You will also need to delete your existing reference file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

Can I ask in what directory the file is meant to be written to?

Warning: fopen(sitemonitor_reference.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pathtomyshop/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 171

Failed to open file sitemonitor_reference.php

This is when I clicked the top button.

Thanks in advance!

Actually, the problem would be with the code in that you're probably referencing full paths for files instead of setting the PHP path enviroment variable and using relative paths, which is a shared server safe solution. I could be wrong, though.

Great idea, for a contrib! I just noticed it in the RSS list of new/updated contribs and now am just dinking around the code seeing how it all works. You've written some really clean, quality code -- reads like a good novel. :)

Hey Brian,

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? Which files should I check for this?

Thanks!

jailaxmi

It gets written to the admin directory.

Jack

Thanks Jack!

So I presume the admin directory needed write capabilities so CHMODed the directory for 777 for now and it all worked :)

Is that safe to have the directory at 777?

As long as it is password protected it shouldn't be a problem although it shouldn't be necessary. Try running it so that the reference file is created. Chmod the reference file to 777 (if that is what your host requires) and chmod the admin directory back to 644. That might work for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

As long as it is password protected it shouldn't be a problem although it shouldn't be necessary. Try running it so that the reference file is created. Chmod the reference file to 777 (if that is what your host requires) and chmod the admin directory back to 644. That might work for you.

Jack

Thanks for the info Jack! :)

A new version has been uploaded. It has these changes:

- Added logfile size option. File will be saved and replaced once a preset limit is reached.

- Added Quarantine option for new files. If set, new files will be moved to the quarantine directory. This can cause trouble if you add new files to your shop intentionally and forget to create a new reference file.

- Fixed bug in exclude list checking that would cause it to fail at times.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. It has these changes:

- Added logfile size option. File will be saved and replaced once a preset limit is reached.

- Added Quarantine option for new files. If set, new files will be moved to the quarantine directory. This can cause trouble if you add new files to your shop intentionally and forget to create a new reference file.

- Fixed bug in exclude list checking that would cause it to fail at times.

Jack

What permissions should be set for the quarantine directory?

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a great contrib and I thank very much the developer.

I have installed the latest version from January 7. But I think there must be some bug introduced with the exclude list.

Now it does not exclude anything at all, put into list.

Any help please?

No one has a reported a problem and it is working here. Take a look at the admin/sitemonitor_config.php file. Are the items you want to exclude listed in there?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons