• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Thank you, Darren! That was very helpful.

It still didn't work, though :-(

I have added the path from the server. Or should I add my URL?

Also, I understand this is in the text file. Which also makes me wonder... is there anywhere else where I should change this?

Thanks!

Verónica

It still didn't work, though whistling.gif(

Also, I understand this is in the text file. Which also makes me wonder... is there anywhere else where I should change this?

Thanks!

Verónica

I think you should add the URL, I'm not really sure you should wait for a reply from jack_mcs he knows more then me about it :)

It still didn't work, though whistling.gif(

Thanks!

Verónica

You shouldn't edit the actual file at all unless you know what is needed since a certain format is expected and you can break it by not following that format. The correct thing to do is to edit the settings in the configure section of SiteMonitor. If you have edited the file manually, I suggest you replace yours with the one from the contirbution to be sure it is correctly formatted.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack and Darren! I really appreciate your help.

Jack, how would you suggest my error about permissions on the one line? I have all files set to chmod permissions 755.

Thanks!

Thanks Jack and Darren! I really appreciate your help.

Jack, how would you suggest my error about permissions on the one line? I have all files set to chmod permissions 755.

Thanks!

You need to adk your host about it since it is specific to your server.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

"WARNING: Database tables have changed."

After uploading new images and products to the store I decided to run "Delete Reference File" so that daily monitoring emails from a CRON job would only report valid changes. On opening the Site Monitor Admin page there was a Red line across the top of the page stating the above.

I downloaded a database backup and, using DiffMerge, compared it with the latest weekly backup I had stored locally. DiffMerge shows a huge number of differences but, as far as I can see, they all relate to normal activity such as new customer details, shopping cart content, orders, new products and associated entries in categories etc.

None of the Site Monitor text files on the server appear to contain any information to help me discover where the offending change might be. Am I missing something?

I could edit the backup files to remove all field data leaving the Drop Table/Create Table info to see if the structure has been tampered with but that is a big job I would prefer to avoid if possible as I am up to my neck in day to day stuff as it is.

Is there a way of determining what Site Monitor perceives as the change?

[Edit]

I just checked the Site Monitor configuration and logging is enabled but looking at the log the only occurrences of the term 'database' relate to PHP files.

[/Edit]

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this situation.

Edited by GwilliamP

"WARNING: Database tables have changed."

That option isn't well documented. I ran across a number of sites where the languages and/or manufacturers table were changed by hackers, so it was added. As it is not, the code only checks those two tables. It records the initial entries in the sitemonitor_db_reference.txt file. If a change is made to one of those tables, the error appears. If the changes are legitimate, you have to delete that file and it will rebuild itself. That will change in a future version. Before you delete that file, be sure to look at the entries in admin for those two sections to make sure they are legitimate.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That option isn't well documented. I ran across a number of sites where the languages and/or manufacturers table were changed by hackers, so it was added. As it is not, the code only checks those two tables. It records the initial entries in the sitemonitor_db_reference.txt file. If a change is made to one of those tables, the error appears. If the changes are legitimate, you have to delete that file and it will rebuild itself. That will change in a future version. Before you delete that file, be sure to look at the entries in admin for those two sections to make sure they are legitimate.

Thank you. File deleted and new reference file(s) created.

Configuring Site Monitor for the first time. A few of the settings say to fill them in only if curl is to be used. What is curl and where/why would I be using it?

It's an alternative way of reading a file. Some servers won't allow opening files without it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

And how can I find out if my server is one of these?

Try to run the script without the cron settings. It will fail if the regular option isn't enabled.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello All,

I'm trying to install sitemonitor on osc 2.3.1 and I'm following the instructions word for word and I'm at the part where sitemonitor is supposed to showup in your admin control panel as a box but I don't see it anywhere.

I checked all the files I edited and I did it exactly as the guy says.

Is there anything else I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Adamanto75

Hello All,

I'm trying to install sitemonitor on osc 2.3.1 and I'm following the instructions word for word and I'm at the part where sitemonitor is supposed to showup in your admin control panel as a box but I don't see it anywhere.

I checked all the files I edited and I did it exactly as the guy says.

Is there anything else I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

Adamanto75

The mistake has to be with step 4. Perhaps you used the wrong code there.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have just installed this add-on using XAMPP on localhost. I have got to configure and changed the email address. the curl username and password has been removed as I'm not using this.

Anyway I get to update and at the top of the screen I get the error pink stripe and the warning sign but no message. When I get to Sitemonitor > Configure, I get a warning

saying The sitemonitor_reference file cannot be written to.

I also get the following mesaage in Administrators:

Additional Protection With htaccess/htpasswd

This osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool installation is not additionally secured through htaccess/htpasswd means.

The following files need to be writable by the web server to enable the htaccess/htpasswd security layer:

• C:/xampp/htdocs/MySite/Myadmin/.htaccess
  • C:/xampp/htdocs/MySite/MyAdmin/.htpasswd_oscommerce

Reload this page to confirm if the correct file permissions have been set.

I also get a note on the SiteMonitor admin page :

Version Checker is not installed. See here for details.

Which leads me to a 2.2 add-on.

Please could anyone shed any light. I can provide a screen shot of config screen if you'd like me to PM it.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by dvharrison

Debbie Harrison

Hi I have just installed this add-on using XAMPP on localhost. I have got to configure and changed the email address. the curl username and password has been removed as I'm not using this.

Anyway I get to update and at the top of the screen I get the error pink stripe and the warning sign but no message. When I get to Sitemonitor > Configure, I get a warning

saying The sitemonitor_reference file cannot be written to.

This is a permissions problem. You have to allow files the files in admin write permissions. This is nomally the case in Xampp but maybe you have something different in your setup.

I also get the following mesaage in Administrators:

This isn't anything to do with SiteMonitor. It is a security option in 2.3. If you search the forums for it, you will find how to use it, though it is not necessary when using a local setup.

I also get a note on the SiteMonitor admin page :

Which leads me to a 2.2 add-on.

Version Checker isn't required, though it is recommended. It will run on any version and the installation requires two files to be uploaded - nothing else.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Adamanto75

You need to add the line on step 4 before the first

I know because I initially made that error as well. :)

The instruction says
If your shop is AFTER version 2.3, add this before the first ?>
Please explain how that is incorrect. Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack_mcs,

I found a typo in your last version of the contribution (3.1)

In the file /UpdateDocs/update_V_2.9_to_V_3.0.txt

I think that the line:

"4) In any sitemonitor_log....txt files, find the line that starts with"

should be replaced by

"4) In any sitemonitor_configure_....txt files, find the line that starts with"

Thank you to anyone that contributes to OSCommerce. I was a complete newbie two months ago and all the available info/discussions really helped me.

Hi Jack_mcs,

I found a typo in your last version of the contribution (3.1)

In the file /UpdateDocs/update_V_2.9_to_V_3.0.txt

I think that the line:

"4) In any sitemonitor_log....txt files, find the line that starts with"

should be replaced by

"4) In any sitemonitor_configure_....txt files, find the line that starts with"

Thank you to anyone that contributes to OSCommerce. I was a complete newbie two months ago and all the available info/discussions really helped me.

Thank you for posting that mistake. I have made the correction.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The instruction says

Please explain how that is incorrect.

Jack you have completely the wrong end of the stick. The guy was asking why the box didn't show up and I merely told him about the mistake I had made which sounded similar to what I had done previously. It was no criticism on your part at all. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your prompt reply on the other stuff.

Debbie Harrison

Jack you have completely the wrong end of the stick. The guy was asking why the box didn't show up and I merely told him about the mistake I had made which sounded similar to what I had done previously. It was no criticism on your part at all. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your prompt reply on the other stuff.

I didn't take it as criticism. I read it as you saying the instructions were wrong and I was asking how so they could be corrected. Just a simple question.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons