• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Hi, Firstly, this is a great add-on! Thank you very much!!!

Quick question: I got it to install and run just fine. And I setup a daily cron on my server. But now it's emailing me everyday, saying that all of my files are new, when they aren't. I've noticed that my reference file is empty. Could that be the cause?

I apologize if this question has already been answered, but I spent about 30 minutes looking for a similar question and couldn't find it.

Thank you in advance.

ttmw and mevin - both of your problems appear to be due to the same problem. You have to have a completed reference file before anything else will work. Once you click on the top update button, if everything goes well, clicking on the second update button should result in a clean email (if no changes have occurred in between the two clicks). If you can't get that second, clean, email, then there's no reason to try anything else since there is a problem in the installation. You should verify the script can run without timig out, that the reference file was created and contains data and that the log file has been updated (if you have the log option set). Usually the reason those fail is because of how the server is setup. It is is failing, please check your error log file (you may need to ask your host to do this if it is not available to you) for any problems relating to this contribution.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

ttmw and mevin - both of your problems appear to be due to the same problem. You have to have a completed reference file before anything else will work. Once you click on the top update button, if everything goes well, clicking on the second update button should result in a clean email (if no changes have occurred in between the two clicks). If you can't get that second, clean, email, then there's no reason to try anything else since there is a problem in the installation. You should verify the script can run without timig out, that the reference file was created and contains data and that the log file has been updated (if you have the log option set). Usually the reason those fail is because of how the server is setup. It is is failing, please check your error log file (you may need to ask your host to do this if it is not available to you) for any problems relating to this contribution.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick response. The weird thing is, the update button isn't showing up. But I know I uploaded it and that it's there. When I look at the source code of the sitemonitor admin page, it's referencing the update button in the correct location. Also, the "stolen" image shows up all over the place. That seems like a related issue?

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks Jack, what permissions should be on the log and reference files? I had to set my configure file permissions to 777 to get it to work and change them back after. Is it safe to have log, configure, and reference files as 777. if not, what should they be? thanks again.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the quick response. The weird thing is, the update button isn't showing up. But I know I uploaded it and that it's there. When I look at the source code of the sitemonitor admin page, it's referencing the update button in the correct location. Also, the "stolen" image shows up all over the place. That seems like a related issue?

Thanks,

Mark

Actually I think I got it to run OK. The stolen images are still showing up in place of the update button, but as long as it runs OK, without generating false alerts, then I think I'm good to go.

Thanks again for creating a totally awesome script!!!

Mark

Thanks Jack, what permissions should be on the log and reference files? I had to set my configure file permissions to 777 to get it to work and change them back after. Is it safe to have log, configure, and reference files as 777. if not, what should they be? thanks again.

Probably not. If your host has the site secure enough, it might be. But SiteMonitor updates files everyday so you would have to leave them set to 777 if that is what it takes to get it to work. You should talk to your host to see what they suggest in regards to security for those files.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Probably not. If your host has the site secure enough, it might be. But SiteMonitor updates files everyday so you would have to leave them set to 777 if that is what it takes to get it to work. You should talk to your host to see what they suggest in regards to security for those files.

Ok, i'm on a dedicated server currently (with WHM) so i can probably change anything myself if i knew how, but i wouldn't know where to start. I don't really understand what makes 777 only work on some servers, and lower on others. Whats the highest number you'd use on SiteMonitor files to keep them safe?

Thanks again.

It doesn't matter if SiteMonitor runs via cron. If the physical file isn't present, sitemonitor_hacker_cron will fail. But since you said it was present, I don't know what else it could be.

Hi Jack, I see that the sitemonitor_hacker_cron has: require('includes/configure.php'); in it. Is that the configure file it's trying to find. I can physically put the address, sitemonitor_hacker_cron .php, into my browser and it works, just not via cron. I have also re-named my admin folder. Does that make a difference. I have put that address in the cron job also. The file sitemonitor_configure_0.php is in that re-named admin folder.

Cheers Trev

Edited by trevb54

Ok, i'm on a dedicated server currently (with WHM) so i can probably change anything myself if i knew how, but i wouldn't know where to start. I don't really understand what makes 777 only work on some servers, and lower on others. Whats the highest number you'd use on SiteMonitor files to keep them safe?

Thanks again.

You may want to look here.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack, I see that the sitemonitor_hacker_cron has: require('includes/configure.php'); in it. Is that the configure file it's trying to find. I can physically put the address, sitemonitor_hacker_cron .php, into my browser and it works, just not via cron. I have also re-named my admin folder. Does that make a difference. I have put that address in the cron job also. The file sitemonitor_configure_0.php is in that re-named admin folder.

Some server setups require that you cd into a directory before executing a script in cron. You need to check with your host to get the correct syntax for your server.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Some server setups require that you cd into a directory before executing a script in cron. You need to check with your host to get the correct syntax for your server.

Thanks Jack. I contacted the server and they helped me with the syntax: php /home/yourusername/public_html/scripttoberun.php

It just gives me a summary and not a detailed page as does physically putting the address into the browser. But at least it works.

Thanks again for a great contribution.

Trev

Hello, Jack!

My configure stuck at "Start Directory" set up.

My partial admin/include/configure.php is

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/html/eFIR/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/eFIR/catalog/4DM1N/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/var/www/html/eFIR/catalog/4DM1N/');

How to what value should be for "Start Directory"?

crying.gif

YaNotCook !!

Hello, Jack!

My configure stuck at "Start Directory" set up.

How to what value should be for "Start Directory"?

crying.gif

SiteMonitor will load the start directory itself and if there is a problem, display a message at the top of the screen.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack for your reply!

The error prompted at the top is " Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.: System -> /var/www/html/eFIR/catalog/ - SiteMonitor -> /home/username/public_html".

unsure.gif

SiteMonitor will load the start directory itself and if there is a problem, display a message at the top of the screen.

YaNotCook !!

Thanks Jack for your reply!

The error prompted at the top is " Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.: System -> /var/www/html/eFIR/catalog/ - SiteMonitor -> /home/username/public_html".

unsure.gif

Well, it says they do not match. Perhaps if you tried making them match?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed minsparx and my sitemonitor disappeared...found out it replaced the column_left.php so i went in and added sitemonitor back in and nothing...still gone.

when I manually type in sitemonitor_admin.php I get the page to configure...

when i manually type in sitemonitor.php It runs and does what it is supposed to...

and yet on my admin toolbar...nada

Edited by wildvettes

I installed minsparx and my sitemonitor disappeared...found out it replaced the column_left.php so i went in and added sitemonitor back in and nothing...still gone.

when I manually type in sitemonitor_admin.php I get the page to configure...

when i manually type in sitemonitor.php It runs and does what it is supposed to...

and yet on my admin toolbar...nada

You need to post your question in the support thread for that contribution since the problem isn't to do with this one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to post your question in the support thread for that contribution since the problem isn't to do with this one.

I did, but actually it isn't running properly either... I ran it manually again and it merely keeps replicating the same results over and over. So at this point I don't know what isn't working right as every other add-on seems to work. Maybe just a compatibility issue between those two add-ons.

I did, but actually it isn't running properly either... I ran it manually again and it merely keeps replicating the same results over and over. So at this point I don't know what isn't working right as every other add-on seems to work. Maybe just a compatibility issue between those two add-ons.

No, it's not a compatibility issue. I've installed SiteMonitor into shops with that contribution. Without it installed properly, I doubt you have ran it to create the reference file so the results would not be correct. Always fix the obvious first.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

first of all thx for the contribution.

at point 5-6 of installation guide when I go to the admin page for configure it the panel show this this message:

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

I log as Top Admionistrator..

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by braveand

Hi Jack,

first of all thx for the contribution.

at point 5-6 of installation guide when I go to the admin page for configure it the panel show this this message:

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

I log as Top Admionistrator..

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds like you are using one of the access levels contribuitons. For those, you have to enable any files you've added before they will work. Look in the administrators->file access section for that or ask in its support thread if you can't figure it out.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you are using one of the access levels contribuitons. For those, you have to enable any files you've added before they will work. Look in the administrators->file access section for that or ask in its support thread if you can't figure it out.

right, I check in the file access panel, the "status" was "red".

unfortunately even switching the status on "green" didn't change something..

any other ideas?

right, I check in the file access panel, the "status" was "red".

unfortunately even switching the status on "green" didn't change something..

any other ideas?

As mentioned, you have to allow access to the files. This isn't a SiteMonitor issue though so please post your question in the support thread for that contribution or in the general forum.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I know how to exclude directories, but how do I exclude files?

The file sitemonitor_log_0.txt is always being detected as modified and I don't consider this to be right. The file created (sitemonitor_log_016_04_2011.txt) is also being detected. I believe these should be excluded anyhow, so when we run the SiteMonitor it will be "clean" in a way no changes will be detected. These two files always appearing bother me.

No new files found...
No deleted files found...
Difference found: New-> imtheown3rx/sitemonitor_log_0.txt 134369 Original-> 132758
Difference found: New-> imtheown3rx/sitemonitor_log_016_04_2011.txt 134369 Original-> 132758
Time Mismatch on imtheown3rx/sitemonitor_log_0.txt Last Changed on Saturday, 16 Apr 2011 00:44:28 GMT
Time Mismatch on imtheown3rx/sitemonitor_log_016_04_2011.txt Last Changed on Saturday, 16 Apr 2011 00:44:39 GMT
No permissions mismatches found...

Other than that, it works extremely well.

Edited by here2learn

I know how to exclude directories, but how do I exclude files?

The file sitemonitor_log_0.txt is always being detected as modified and I don't consider this to be right. The file created (sitemonitor_log_016_04_2011.txt) is also being detected. I believe these should be excluded anyhow, so when we run the SiteMonitor it will be "clean" in a way no changes will be detected. These two files always appearing bother me.

No new files found...
No deleted files found...
Difference found: New-> imtheown3rx/sitemonitor_log_0.txt 134369 Original-> 132758
Difference found: New-> imtheown3rx/sitemonitor_log_016_04_2011.txt 134369 Original-> 132758
Time Mismatch on imtheown3rx/sitemonitor_log_0.txt Last Changed on Saturday, 16 Apr 2011 00:44:28 GMT
Time Mismatch on imtheown3rx/sitemonitor_log_016_04_2011.txt Last Changed on Saturday, 16 Apr 2011 00:44:39 GMT
No permissions mismatches found...

Other than that, it works extremely well.

There's not an option to exclude files but there is a section of code where you can do that if you want. However, the problem with the log files is due to coding errors in the current version. In admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php, find

(preg_match('/sitemonitor_log_(?P<digit>\d+).php/', $file, $matches)) ||

and change it to

(preg_match('/sitemonitor_log_(.*).txt/', $file, $matches)) ||

There still a problem somewhere for the second failure you are getting but I haven't had time to track it down.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons