• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Hi all.

Great contribution.

I have installed it with no problem, and discovered that after cleaning my hacked site, I forgot one file with bad code inside.

Anyway, I don't understand how to set automatic scans (due to my bad english).

Where is configured this feature?

Thanks.

I have installed it with no problem, and discovered that after cleaning my hacked site, I forgot one file with bad code inside.

Anyway, I don't understand how to set automatic scans (due to my bad english).

Where is configured this feature?

You have to setup a cron job. There are basic instructions in the install file but cron jobs can vary with the host so you will probably need to ask your host how to do it if the basic code doesn't work.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You have to setup a cron job. There are basic instructions in the install file but cron jobs can vary with the host so you will probably need to ask your host how to do it if the basic code doesn't work.

Ahhh, it's an option in cPanel. Got it.

Thank you for your fast reply.

hi Jack

After having problems with the script timing out after 30 seconds I contacted my host who informed me that:

"we do not allow site monitor, as it causes high load on the server."

So I was just wanted to make you aware of this, maybe in the future the script could be a little lighter as I am unable to benefit from it currently.

Thanks

After having problems with the script timing out after 30 seconds I contacted my host who informed me that:

"we do not allow site monitor, as it causes high load on the server."

So I was just wanted to make you aware of this, maybe in the future the script could be a little lighter as I am unable to benefit from it currently.

You can reduce the number of files being monitored to get the script to run.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have a problem where if I run sitemonitor.php through a browser it gives me a report on the screen, but even though I have set it to always email me, which it used to do up until yesterday. Now it doesnt send any email and if I run it through the admin it comes up with an error 500 - Internal Server Error. If I run it manually from the Site Monitor Admin, it works.

I have got auto_backup on this shop too and have already checked the clash in the microtime_float, but I must have a later version of the site monitor code as mine says SiteMonitor_microtime_float, even so I have commented it out but that makes no difference.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I have a problem where if I run sitemonitor.php through a browser it gives me a report on the screen, but even though I have set it to always email me, which it used to do up until yesterday. Now it doesnt send any email and if I run it through the admin it comes up with an error 500 - Internal Server Error. If I run it manually from the Site Monitor Admin, it works.

I have got auto_backup on this shop too and have already checked the clash in the microtime_float, but I must have a later version of the site monitor code as mine says SiteMonitor_microtime_float, even so I have commented it out but that makes no difference.

Any help greatly appreciated.

If it was working before and you didn't change any of the files, then the problem isn't in the contribution. Most likely, your host has made some change to the server or maybe you have added enough files to your shop to put you over the limit that your server can handle.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for that Jack,

I have spoken to the host (1 and 1) who say they couldnt see any reason in particular for it, I am well within my resource usage and there are no other apparent problems. They did do a webspace refresh to make sure there were no processes stuck running or anything like that.

I have tried it since and still get the same issue. One thing I did notice that having done a phpinfo() I found that this server has php 4.4.9, I also found numerous things on the web that suggest the fix for 1 and 1 in particular is to add the following to the .htaccess file

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

But this also made no difference, having said that, I have numerous versions of .htaccess and the only one I changed was in the route of the admin folder, should I change any of the others with the same thing?

Jack,

One more question if I may, how do the run site monitor and delete reference file and run site monitor keeping the existing reference file differ from running it manually or checking for hacked files?

Those are the only 2 processes on my shop that give an error 500 problem, I havent found anything else that causes the error.

Thanks.

One more question if I may, how do the run site monitor and delete reference file and run site monitor keeping the existing reference file differ from running it manually or checking for hacked files?

Those are the only 2 processes on my shop that give an error 500 problem, I havent found anything else that causes the error.

I don't know which two you are saying works and which two fail so I can't really comment on that. But the kind of error you are getting can be caused by the script timing out. Try cutting down the number of files being referenced and see if that makes a difference. I posted a general troubleshooting method for this in this thread but I'v eno idea how long ago that was. But it is there is you need it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Hope all is excellent with you.

Just finished updating from 1.7 to 2.7(inch by inch).

Nice enhancements, like watching a rose bloom.

There are a couple areas of uncertainty...

Should the quarantine folder be added to admin?

Should iframes be added to the hacker box or

does the <frames encompass iframes?

Lastly, regarding the exclude checkbox, if it is checked,

does it skip the entire file or just that specific line number?

Thanks for your patience and support.

jk

Should the quarantine folder be added to admin?

Yes.

Should iframes be added to the hacker box or

does the <frames encompass iframes?

No, that is a mistake. It should be <frame. Thanks for pointing it out.

Lastly, regarding the exclude checkbox, if it is checked,

does it skip the entire file or just that specific line number?

The file.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

im new to the oscom arena so im sure im not doing something right.....i own and operate a few vbulletin boards so I'm familiar with php and looking over code but in still learning OSCOM so any help is appreciated it...

I have 2.2RC2 installed, initially had 2.3 installed but downgraded due to mods not being available yet due to some code change in 2.3. Everything went fine with the install and I was able to update the config file with no problems...only issues i run into is when I click the first button for Site Mon in the admin panel...instead of getting the message stating this was the first time the process has ran I get a few hundred lines of the below and then my store no longer works....is this a possible permissions issue?

Warning: rename(/home/seedbank/public_html/seeds/pub/.htaccess,quarantine/pub/_29_11_2010.htaccess ) [function.rename]: Is a directory in /home/seedbank/public_html/seeds/blackops_hardcore/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 684

Warning: rename(/home/seedbank/public_html/seeds/ext/modules/payment/sofortueberweisung/images/sofortueberweisung.gif,quarantine/ext/modules/payment/sofortueberweisung/images/sofortueberweisung_29_11_2010.gif ) [function.rename]: Is a directory in /home/seedbank/public_html/seeds/blackops_hardcore/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 684

Warning: rename(/home/seedbank/public_html/seeds/ext/modules/payment/paypal/images/btn_express.gif,quarantine/ext/modules/payment/paypal/images/btn_express_29_11_2010.gif ) [function.rename]: Is a directory in /home/seedbank/public_html/seeds/blackops_hardcore/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 684

Warning: rename(/home/seedbank/public_html/seeds/ext/modules/payment/paypal/images/btn_express_espanol.gif,quarantine/ext/modules/payment/paypal/images/btn_express_espanol_29_11_2010.gif ) [function.rename]: Is a directory in /home/seedbank/public_html/seeds/blackops_hardcore/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 684

I tried my best searching every combination I could think of the error message but to no avail....again i receive a couple hundred lines of the above code and then my store no longer works....i just restore my home directory and everything returns back to normal.....any ideas?

I have 2.2RC2 installed, initially had 2.3 installed but downgraded due to mods not being available yet due to some code change in 2.3. Everything went fine with the install and I was able to update the config file with no problems...only issues i run into is when I click the first button for Site Mon in the admin panel...instead of getting the message stating this was the first time the process has ran I get a few hundred lines of the below and then my store no longer works....is this a possible permissions issue?

Those are all errors caused by the failure of the code to quaranteen the files. Which is a good thing in this case since it will pobably destroy your site. The quaranteen option should not be used until you know everything is working. This was gone over recently. Just read back through the thread for details.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't complete Step 5:

Step 5: Go to admin->Sitemonitor->Configure, setup the various settings and click Update.

I've done everything to the letter up through step 4 but when I try to change the configuration options by clicking the Update button I get taken to a customer screen. When I go back to SiteMonitor none of the options have changed.

What am I doing wrong?

I've done everything to the letter up through step 4 but when I try to change the configuration options by clicking the Update button I get taken to a customer screen. When I go back to SiteMonitor none of the options have changed.

There is something wrong in your admin (no idea where) since there isn't any code in SiteMonitor to cause it to go to the customer section. I can't even offer a suggestion on this one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There is something wrong in your admin (no idea where) since there isn't any code in SiteMonitor to cause it to go to the customer section. I can't even offer a suggestion on this one.

It's not that it actually goes to the customer section, the address just displays the admin address and the screen displays the last 5 orders. It's like it can't write to the configuration file. I've tried different permissions with no luck. I can manually edit the configuration file to have the values I want and it will run, but I get unlink errors when it tries to copy files when I run it.

Im on the last step of installing it I click on the sitemonitor button on my databases admin bar and it gives me this error message

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/stopdra1/public_html/www.thesite.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 392

Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.: System -> /home/stopdra1/public_html/www.thesite.com/ - SiteMonitor -> /home/username/public_html/

Im on the last step of installing it I click on the sitemonitor button on my databases admin bar and it gives me this error message

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/stopdra1/public_html/www.thesite.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 392

Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.: System -> /home/stopdra1/public_html/www.thesite.com/ - SiteMonitor -> /home/username/public_html/

So the error is saying, "Your username is invalid" and the message is showing your system username is "stopdra1" and that your SiteMonitor user name is "username." Please explain what part of that you don't understand?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the answers to my last post.

I know this is outside the scope of this thread but

I'm hoping it doesn't go beyond the limits of your patience.

Do you know of a way to substitute

echo tep_image_submit( ...

with

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link( ...

to get the same result?

in other words, is there a way to use

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link( ...

as a submit hyperlink?

The reason why is trying to get code that works fine in firefox

to work in internet explorer.

Thanks for any answer(even a reprimand)

jk

So the error is saying, "Your username is invalid" and the message is showing your system username is "stopdra1" and that your SiteMonitor user name is "username." Please explain what part of that you don't understand?

nvm

Edited by adamantasaurus

I know this is outside the scope of this thread but

I'm hoping it doesn't go beyond the limits of your patience.

It's not a matter of patience. Support threads are for questions about a particular contribution. Those with problems will, should, read through the thread to find answers for their problems before posting. When there are posts that have nothing to with the contribution,it makes it more difficult to find the answer. So please post non-contribution related questions in the general forum.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

when I added this " require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'sitemonitor.php'); " to the column_left.php I got this error:

( of course it was before the last ?>. )

Warning: require(includes/boxes/sitemonitor.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in .../includes/column_left.php on line 67

Warning: require(includes/boxes/sitemonitor.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in .../includes/column_left.php on line 67

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/sitemonitor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in .../includes/column_left.php on line 67

thanks for responding

Edited by Reza55

when I added this " require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'sitemonitor.php'); " to the column_left.php I got this error:

( of course it was before the last ?>. )

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/sitemonitor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in .../includes/column_left.php on line 67

thanks for responding

It means it can't find the actual file. You should double check that you have actually uploaded the files and they are in the correct location. In other words, go to admin/includes/boxes and see if there is a file there named sitemonitor.php.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons