• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

The code is reading the configure file and not seeing the correct username so it redirects you to that page and displays that message. You have to enter the correct username if it is not already there and then click update. Clicking update is required in any case for it to work. To be sure you have the correct username, go to admin->Modules. It will be listed in the path shown on that page.

Hi,

I am getting the same issue when i try and goto 'site monitor> admin' i keep sseing the config page with 'Error Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.'

i have both added and removed the username from the config while and also added/removed it via the 'site monitor> configure' and clicked update but i still get the same error??

please help.

thanks

I am getting the same issue when i try and goto 'site monitor> admin' i keep sseing the config page with 'Error Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.'

i have both added and removed the username from the config while and also added/removed it via the 'site monitor> configure' and clicked update but i still get the same error??

Have verified the path you enter as the start directory exactly matches the one shown on the modules page, except for the includes/modules part? If it still fails, please post both of those.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I go to admin>modules and the path is:

/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom//includes/modules/payment/

In the sitemonitor_configure.php file I set:

$start_dir = '/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom/';

$admin_dir = 'http://www.mydomain.com/admin';

$admin_username = '';

$admin_password = '';

but I still get the same error.

'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.'

What I can do?

Edited by RafaAlepuz

I go to admin>modules and the path is:

/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom//includes/modules/payment/

In the sitemonitor_configure.php file I set:

$start_dir = '/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom/';

but I still get the same error.

'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.'

What I can do?

First, be sure you are using version 2.6 os SiteMonitor.

Then, in admin/sitemonitor_admin.php, find this line

$root = substr(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT, -1) === '/' ? DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT : DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/'; 

and add this after it

echo 'user '.$fp[$i] .' - '. $root.'<br>';

Then upload and click on the SiteMonitor admin link. What is displayed at the top of the page?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, I have SiteMonitor V 2.6.

What is displayed at the top of the page?

Nothing. Continues to appear the error message 'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.

Also,I tried put breakpoint with FirePHP and displayed nothing from admin/sitemonitor_admin.php file.

And the URL is http://mydomain.com//admin/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php?invalid_username=true&osCAdminID=xxxxxxxx...

Yes, I have SiteMonitor V 2.6.

What is displayed at the top of the page?

Nothing. Continues to appear the error message 'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.

Also,I tried put breakpoint with FirePHP and displayed nothing from admin/sitemonitor_admin.php file.

And the URL is http://mydomain.com//admin/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php?invalid_username=true&osCAdminID=xxxxxxxx...

Try placing the following after the line I had you add and try again.

die('');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try placing the following after the line I had you add and try again.

die('');

Ok, it display the next:

user $start_dir = '/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom'; //your shops root - /home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom//

It is possible, for the comments '// Your shops root' ??

Edited by RafaAlepuz

Ok, it display the next:

user $start_dir = '/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom'; //your shops root - /home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom//

It is possible, for the comments '// Your shops root' ??

The problem is the double slash in your configure file: mydomaincom//

That shouldn't be there. See this thread for how to set it up properly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The problem is the double slash in your configure file: mydomaincom//

That shouldn't be there. See this thread for how to set it up properly.

Do not think that's it. I corrected the configure.php file.

Now displaying,

user $start_dir = '/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom'; - /home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom/

And shows the same error 'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.'

I don't understand,

I have,

if (strpos($fp[$i], '$start_dir') !== FALSE)

{

$root = substr(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT, -1) === '/' ? DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT : DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . '/';

if (strpos($fp[$i],$root) === FALSE){

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SITEMONITOR_CONFIG_SETUP, 'invalid_username=true'));

}

}

fp --> $start_dir = '/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom';

root --> /home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom/

if (strpos($fp[$i], '$start_dir') !== FALSE) --> it work!

then

if (strpos($fp[$i],$root) === FALSE) --> does not work!!

if (strpos($root,$fp[$i]) === FALSE) --> does not work!!

It's frustrating!

Hi,

Have also problems to get sitemonitor working, looks like the installation help file is not complete.

First everything goes well, until i clic on the sitemonitor link in the admin, nothing happens, blank page.

Solved this issue by editing the sitemonitor config file by adding the directory's.

When clicking on sitemonitor configure, i get a blank page, when clicking on sitemonitor admin i get the update buttons. etc. But clicking on one of te update buttons i get a blank page again.

What do i need to change more.

Greetings, Anne

Do not think that's it. I corrected the configure.php file.

Now displaying,

user $start_dir = '/home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom'; - /home/users/web/b2130/ipg.mydomaincom/

And shows the same error 'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.'

I'm sorry but that's as far as I can go. It must be something specific to your shop.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Have also problems to get sitemonitor working, looks like the installation help file is not complete.

First everything goes well, until i clic on the sitemonitor link in the admin, nothing happens, blank page.

Solved this issue by editing the sitemonitor config file by adding the directory's.

When clicking on sitemonitor configure, i get a blank page, when clicking on sitemonitor admin i get the update buttons. etc. But clicking on one of te update buttons i get a blank page again.

What do i need to change more.

It may be that your site s large and the script is timing out before it can display the configure settings. You can edit the configure file directly and add your large directories, images and includes, to see if that will allow you to get into the configure section.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

Where and what do i need to change than..

The image directory for the shop is only about 2800 images large..

Also i changed the admin directory name and the images directory name. for security measurements with the corresponding settings in the configure.php files of the shop..

Greeting, Anne

My Sitemonitor is working ok, but I wonder why this is happening:

In osC admin panel to the right of the top menubar it says: (I have changed my username here wink.gif)

Logged in as: steini (Logoff)

But after clicking Sitemonitor -> Configure this is what it says:

Logged in as: c (Logoff)

And stays that way until I close admijn panel and restart it again.

Why is Sitemonitor changing the username info on that line?

Hi,

I'm getting there. Configure page is also displaying now, was 1 file missing in the includes dir. under functions.

But the next bit, when pressing on Update first button i get the message in the top left : Reference file creation failed!

Something with write premission maybe. ?

Greetings, Anne

Hi,

Where and what do i need to change than..

The image directory for the shop is only about 2800 images large..

Also i changed the admin directory name and the images directory name. for security measurements with the corresponding settings in the configure.php files of the shop..

Greeting, Anne

For anyone having these errors!!

"Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again."

Or

"At least one entry is required" error when there is a entry listed, your problems lies within the start directory. Only writing your web root (http://yourdomain.com) will not suffice, you need to start from your system root(/hsphere/local/home/cpanel/.......). You will see that in version 1.9 it will be displayed automatically, but in 2.6 in will not.

Also you need to change both log files in the admin folder to permissions 775

Hope this helps

My Sitemonitor is working ok, but I wonder why this is happening:

In osC admin panel to the right of the top menubar it says: (I have changed my username here wink.gif)

Logged in as: steini (Logoff)

But after clicking Sitemonitor -> Configure this is what it says:

Logged in as: c (Logoff)

And stays that way until I close admijn panel and restart it again.

Why is Sitemonitor changing the username info on that line?

It's changing because the code in SiteMonitor uses a name that is used by the code to display the login name. To fix that, please make this change: In sitemonitor_configure_setup.php, find this code

$admin = trim(DIR_WS_ADMIN, "/");
     $switch['exclude_list'] = ((! strstr($list, $admin)) ? "'" .  $admin . "', " : '');

and replace it with

$adminSM = trim(DIR_WS_ADMIN, "/");
     $switch['exclude_list'] = ((! strstr($list, $adminSM)) ? "'" .  $adminSM . "', " : '');

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm getting there. Configure page is also displaying now, was 1 file missing in the includes dir. under functions.

But the next bit, when pressing on Update first button i get the message in the top left : Reference file creation failed!

Something with write premission maybe. ?

Assuming it is installed correctly, it might be a problem where your server is restricting file creation for security reasons. You would need to ask your host about this.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I cant find it but i guess it whas already written here :blush:

I installed SiteMonitor and it is up and running.

When i press Manually Check for Hacked Files

a short list is shown.

sitemonitor.jpg

But why skips sitemonitor 1707 files?

And the admin folder is set to excluded but he still scans it?

Srry for my bad english maybe thats why i did not fouond the answer :(

Hope you can help me,

Regards,

Jasper

But why skips sitemonitor 1707 files?

And the admin folder is set to excluded but he still scans it?

The code skips some files, like images and xml, because it's unlikely any hacker code added to them would cause a problem. You can remove that in admin/includes/functions/site_monitor.php if you like (just search for exclude).

The hacker test scans all areas since you may have your reference file setup to skip some sections.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

On the shop of a partner he installed SiteMonito also.

But he got a error now Warning: array_flip() [function.array-flip]: Can only flip STRING and INTEGER values! in /www/htdocs__///__includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 148

I think some permissions are not good becasue he has 644 on many files inside the admin

how to solve this?

Regards,

jasper

The code skips some files, like images and xml, because it's unlikely any hacker code added to them would cause a problem. You can remove that in admin/includes/functions/site_monitor.php if you like (just search for exclude).

The hacker test scans all areas since you may have your reference file setup to skip some sections.

Okay thanks

Stupid of me i could have known it. :blush: