• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

If you edit the file manually and never go back to the configure section and the admin section still doesn't work, then there is something wrong with your installation/setup since the code from the configuration section is not even used at that point. I ran across one site that had a similar problem and it was because there were double quotes in the exclude list and the message stack wasn't working in the shop so the error was never reported. You should verify the path your shop that is in SiteMonitor's configure file matches what is displayed in admin->modules (the first part) and there are no double quotes in it.

Thanks for the follow up....

no double quotes in the exclude list, but I did note that between the items excluded, sometimes there was a space after the comma, sometimes not. like 'exclude1', 'exclude2','exclude3'. Maybe thats not an issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

The stores path looks OK assuming the includes/modules part was to be left off.

Anyway, I will tackle this again in a day or two. I will try the upgrade one more time, if that doesn't work, I will remove the add on totally, and install like a completely new install and see what that shakes out.

Thanks for the follow up.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I am getting a 404 (file not found) error trying to download latest version?

I don't know what the problem might be but I sent Jan a message about it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jan said he could download it and others aleady have (see Steve's post above). He said he thought it was because the servers that used for that have not synchronized yet. So tty again later or tomorrow and it will probably be OK.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Please try the version that was just uploaded.

Hi Jack

I upgraded to the latest version (I upgraded and I also reinstalled it to be sure) but I'm still having problems. When I go to Admin > Site Monitor > Configure. It automatically fills in the Admin Directory field every time, so I fill in the correct username and password. I get this error message:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/buildawe/public_html/catalog/nolita/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 419

And when I go to Admin > Site Monitor > Admin, this page looks exactly the same as the Admin > Site Monitor > Configure page. I dont see a button at the very top (per instructions) to click.

Thanks

Jan said he could download it and others aleady have (see Steve's post above). He said he thought it was because the servers that used for that have not synchronized yet. So tty again later or tomorrow and it will probably be OK.

Got it now, thanX..

Hi Jack

I upgraded to the latest version (I upgraded and I also reinstalled it to be sure) but I'm still having problems. When I go to Admin > Site Monitor > Configure. It automatically fills in the Admin Directory field every time, so I fill in the correct username and password. I get this error message:

And when I go to Admin > Site Monitor > Admin, this page looks exactly the same as the Admin > Site Monitor > Configure page. I dont see a button at the very top (per instructions) to click.

It doesn't change because the configure file isn't being saved. That is either because there is some invalid entry in the settings on the page or because those settings are being loaded incrrectly or because your server won't allow the file to be saved. For the last one, set the permissions for the sitemonitor_configure.php file to whatever the permissions are for your main images directory. If that doesn't fix it, find the following in the sitemonitor_configure_setup.php file

$messageStack->add_session('sitemonitor', $msg, 'error');

and place this above it

echo 'msg = '.$msg;

The click on the update button at the bottom of the configure page. If anything extra is displayed at the top of the page (starting with msg =), then there is an error in the file. Post that here.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Anyway, I will tackle this again in a day or two. I will try the upgrade one more time, if that doesn't work, I will remove the add on totally, and install like a completely new install and see what that shakes out.

Jack, I tried the upgrade again, trying several techniques but still get the password issue. Note, I had the same issue with trying to go to 2.5, but I could not get pass the password issue there either.

I changed config settings both from the SiteMonitor admin configure page of my shop and then editing the sitemonitor_configure.php file manually and uploading.

No double quotes are in there...did a search on the sitemonitor_configure.php file with Notepad++ to make sure. Except for this ("security_update")of course:

$hackCodeSegments = array('error_reporting(0)', 'base64_decode','<frame','gzdecode','eval','ob_start("security_update")'); //enter any hacker code that you would like to check for

If you think it's something in the text from sitemonitor_configure.php that is causing the problems, I could copy/paste if you'd like.

But I am back at 2.4 and that is fine. I'd like to figure out what's going wrong (recognizing fully it might be something I am causing), but 2.4 is working.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

If you think it's something in the text from sitemonitor_configure.php that is causing the problems, I could copy/paste if you'd like.

But I am back at 2.4 and that is fine. I'd like to figure out what's going wrong (recognizing fully it might be something I am causing), but 2.4 is working.

You could try the code I posted above to see if an error is occurring.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It doesn't change because the configure file isn't being saved. That is either because there is some invalid entry in the settings on the page or because those settings are being loaded incrrectly or because your server won't allow the file to be saved. For the last one, set the permissions for the sitemonitor_configure.php file to whatever the permissions are for your main images directory. If that doesn't fix it, find the following in the sitemonitor_configure_setup.php file

$messageStack->add_session('sitemonitor', $msg, 'error');

and place this above it

echo 'msg = '.$msg;

The click on the update button at the bottom of the configure page. If anything extra is displayed at the top of the page (starting with msg =), then there is an error in the file. Post that here.

I did as you said. No info at the top of the page starting with msg=. Still getting the error message:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/buildawe/public_html/catalog/nolita/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 419

I did as you said. No info at the top of the page starting with msg=. Still getting the error message:

I think you should configure this : /home/username/public_html/ as stated in the warning for opendir

Then it is, apparently, writing the file correctly. If you change the username in the provided box, then it must have something to do with not being able to update your configure file. But if you do that manually and it still fails, then I have no idea what it could be.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You could try the code I posted above to see if an error is occurring.

I tried that with negative results. Username issue continues. My brains about fried trying to figure this one out, so I will be at 2.4 for now.

Thanks

Bug found. Have not read thread to see if this has been noticed and ficed already.

Any folder name has a comma in it, cannot be added to the exclude list.

This message (eg on a folder called /cmcmcm,dpdpdp/) will result:

FAILED: "cmcmcm isn't enclosed in quotation marks.

Google search brings this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/221438-sitemonitor/page__view__findpost__p__1515676

which does not work for me, same error with the comma.

While a comma isn't against the name convention rules, it is not recommended. The code expects standard names to be used and will fail on any name that contains characters that will not work in a web url. The code could be changed to strip those out but it would add a lot of overhead to the code and cause it to fail for many shared server shops. If the purpose of having a name like that is security, I suggest making it hidden instead, like .dirname.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed v 2.6 and when I got to Step 6, Click on the top button, I received the following message:

1801 mismatches were found. Run the script manually or see the email for the actual mismatches.

What? It found all my files? I did NOT get the "run for the first time" message.

I went back over the install and setting several times and can't get a different outcome.

I installed v 2.6 and when I got to Step 6, Click on the top button, I received the following message:

1801 mismatches were found. Run the script manually or see the email for the actual mismatches.

What? It found all my files? I did NOT get the "run for the first time" message.

I went back over the install and setting several times and can't get a different outcome.

Look at the sitemonitor_reference.php file and see if the entries contain the full path. They should be something like /home/your_username/public_html/index.php, adjust to fit your actual path, of course. If they are not, then there is something wrong with your setup. Either the path you entered in the settings is wrong or your shops configure file is not correct or something like that. You may also want to delete the file completely and try running Site Monitor again to see if that helps.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, is this scehduled to be looked at for the next release, or should I recode it to suit?

Let me know please, ta!

No, I doubt that I will code it in for the reasons already mentioned. Any character is valid, other than /, so I would have to check every name for characters that really shouldn't be used in the first place. I just don't see a need for it.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

thank you very much for the SiteMonitor Addon, I've installed the last version 2.6 and it works fine. I've just one problem: If the script registers new files, there is no e-mail sent, neither with cronjob nor with manual running. Is there any solution for this problem?

help would be much appreciated!

Andra

thank you very much for the SiteMonitor Addon, I've installed the last version 2.6 and it works fine. I've just one problem: If the script registers new files, there is no e-mail sent, neither with cronjob nor with manual running. Is there any solution for this problem?

The code just uses the admins email system. Be sure you have the to option set in the SiteMonitor settings. See if you can send an email from the email tool in admin.

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

help would be much appreciated!

Andra

Sorry, i did a misstake in posting, and I don't know how to delete this post.

Edited by AndraX

The code just uses the admins email system. Be sure you have the to option set in the SiteMonitor settings. See if you can send an email from the email tool in admin.

Thank you for your answer. It depends on the message from the script: If there are no changes found or if there is an missmatch, i get an e-mail. If there are new files found, I get no mail.

Andra