• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

but what should i do with the files.

should i repear it or what, should i change it to origimal files, and make a lot of work, what is the best to do?

The only way to be sure they are clean is to compare them with original ones. Some of the files are standard ones that you have probably not altered so you can download a clean copy of oscommerce and use that for comparison. If you don't have an original set to compare against, you're out of luck.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

When I enable quarantine in the latest version it just creates a folder with the name of the modified file but does not move the file there.

How do I fix this ?

It works here so it must be something to do with php or the settings on your server. I assume you have looked at the log and it is saying the file was moved. If so, you can try changing the following in admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php

if (rename($value, $newfile))      //move the file 
          {

to

if (rename($value, $newfile))      //move the file 
          {
             unlink($value);

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack...firstly i am very fresh out of the boX with this 'keep your cart safe' business and have been reading a my fair share of threads etc getting up to play with 'protection' - scratching my head in disbelief that i got it going the first time or shivers (or words to the effect) if i am miles off the mark.

Subject to this quote:

The $start_dir should be the full path. Go to admin->Modules and the path is displayed there. Copy the first part of it, up to and including public_html.

i tried variation of it inclusive of html/"and after it" which led to Site Monitor now working.

as yet my cart is not 'PUBLIC PUBLIC' for buying any product so when i went to do a 'Manual Check for Hacked Files' it listed 47 hacked files (or in Red) where all but one of them were in my newly named admin folder which i only renamed this morning.

PHPids works in tandem with Site Monitor and FWR Security Pro - just a BIG thanks for what you guys do and if it wasn't for others asking similar questions i wouldn't have worked it all out in it's entirity

one last thing - htaccess codes, what is the deal on these please? (going there to find out)

Apologies if this covered, havent seen it.

I am installing sitemonitore, and everything else seems to have installed correctly, but on admin->Sitemonitor->Configure, after setting up the various settings and click Update, I get this message at the top of the page and cant go to admin->Sitemonitor->Admin for further set ups:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in

/home/woiqqwab/public_html/mysite.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 418

How can I solve this?

Regards

Felix

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in

That is usually because the username isn't username. This question can be found on many pages of this thread. Find one of those to see how to fix it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That is usually because the username isn't username. This question can be found on many pages of this thread. Find one of those to see how to fix it.

Thanks Jack, have found the username one and its solved. Have been through the threads about the invalid username one, have changed the username and password in the admin/sitemonitor_configure file to the real ones but I still get the same error message of invalid username. Seem stuck.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Jack, have found the username one and its solved. Have been through the threads about the invalid username one, have changed the username and password in the admin/sitemonitor_configure file to the real ones but I still get the same error message of invalid username. Seem stuck.

Thanks in advance

You fixed the problem and it is solved but the problem is still there? I don't understand.

You don't need a password for the standard setup so it sounds like you changed the wrong settings.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You fixed the problem and it is solved but the problem is still there? I don't understand.

You don't need a password for the standard setup so it sounds like you changed the wrong settings.

This warning;

/home/woiqqwab/public_html/mysite.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 418

Is no longer there, I manually modified the sitemonitore_configure file.

But I still get the message: 'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.'

despite having changed the username and password to the actual admin ones

I hope it makes sense

But I still get the message: 'Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.'

despite having changed the username and password to the actual admin ones

Please post yout configure file here, without any password you may be using.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Please post yout configure file here, without any password you may be using.

sorry for the delay, but this is the configure file:

?php

/************** THE OPTIONS AND SETTINGS ****************/

$always_email = 1; //set to 1 to always email the results

$verbose = 1; //set to 1 to see the results displayed on the page (for when running manually)

$logfile = 1; //set to 1 to see to track results in a log file

$logfile_size = 100000; //set the maximum size of the logfile

$reference_reset = 0; //delete the reference file this many days apart

$quarantine = 0; //set to 1 to move new files found to the quarantine directory

$to = '[email protected]'; //where email is sent to

$from = 'From: [email protected]'; //where email is sent from

$start_dir = '/home/woiqqwab/public_html/'; //your shops root

$admin_dir = 'http'; //your shops admin

$admin_username = 'username'; //your admin username

$admin_password = 'password'; //your admin password

$excludeList = array('admin/quarantine', 'cgi-bin','admin'); //don't check these directories - change to your liking - must be set prior to first run

$hackIgnoreList = array('jpg', 'jpeg','gif','png','txt','zip'); //don't check these types of files - change to your liking

$hackCodeSegments = array('error_reporting(0)', 'base64_decode','<frame','gzdecode','eval','ob_start("security_update")'); //enter any hacker code that you would like to check for

?>

Thanks again

Felix

$admin_username = 'username'; //your admin username

$admin_password = 'password'; //your admin password

Try changing the above to

$admin_username = ''; //your admin username
$admin_password = ''; //your admin password

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try changing the above to

I still get the message that the username is invalid. I keep changing the ones given by sitemonitor_configure.php and the ones I set myself for the admin and back again, but I get the same results.

Thanks

I still get the message that the username is invalid. I keep changing the ones given by sitemonitor_configure.php and the ones I set myself for the admin and back again, but I get the same results.

Change them by editing the file, not by using the admin.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This line does not appear right to me...

$admin_dir = 'http'; //your shops admin

It should probably be something like...

'/home/woiqqwab/public_html/admin'

Thanks for the suggestion, I've changed this as suggested but still I get the message that the username is invalid

Thanks for the suggestion, I've changed this as suggested but still I get the message that the username is invalid

If the username in the file is correct and you don't have the curl username/password set then I don't know what the problem might be.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

After you make the change now remove the username and password. Under normal conditions they are not necessary.

And my suggestion assumed the default admin directory called 'admin' but you should have changed that if you followed the security suggestions.

Edited by mdtaylorlrim

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

After you make the change now remove the username and password. Under normal conditions they are not necessary.

And my suggestion assumed the default admin directory called 'admin' but you should have changed that if you followed the security suggestions.

Thanks a million Mark, I had renamed my admin and now took that into account. Furthermore, my site is in a subdomain and had to accomodate that and now everything works perfectly. Thanks again to the both of you

Hi

I have installed site monitor and when I go into the admin area to configuration control I get the "Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again." error message, so I enter my start directory as: /home/buildawe/public_html/

The field for the admin directory says: "http" so I change that to the correct url for my admin directory and enter username / password for admin directory. I hit update and the error message goes away but when I click out of it and click back into it....I'm back to square one. Any ideas? THanks

Hi

I have installed site monitor and when I go into the admin area to configuration control I get the "Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again." error message, so I enter my start directory as: /home/buildawe/public_html/

The field for the admin directory says: "http" so I change that to the correct url for my admin directory and enter username / password for admin directory. I hit update and the error message goes away but when I click out of it and click back into it....I'm back to square one. Any ideas? THanks

Please try the version that was just uploaded.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added query_store to the exclude list for those shops that use that contribution

- Changed code in configure to properly add the admin name

- Changed how top two buttons work to prevent duplicate emails some receive

- Changed how the run/delete button is handled which should fix the problem some have with many emails

- Corrected spelling mistake in admin/includes/languages/english/sitemonitor_admin.php

- Fixed code in sitemonitor_configure_setup.php to prevent the username problem so many are having

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

Hi Jack, I am one of those having upgrade problems, and still am after the latest release. I am at 2.4 and it functions fine. I can't get to 2.5 or 2.6 without problems.

Today after not succeeding with the upgrade, just doing upgrade steps, I completely removed all sitemonitor files and mods, left the admin site, signed back on..(no site monitor of course) then signed off and installed the 2.6 package as if completely new. After signing back on I still can't get beyond the username is incorrect error.

I set the root directory correctly.

In configure I am trying to leave the store admin path blank, but it wants to fill in anyway to http://www.mystore.com//myadminfolder/

In configure I leave admin username and admin password blank, click update and it seems to take. But when I flip over to SiteMonitor > Admin I get the password incorrect error.

So I tried reuploading the myadminfolder/sitemonitor_configure.php manually leaving as so:

$admin_dir = ''; //your shops admin

And still no luck.

Anyway, I reeled back to 2.4 and that's fine for now but I wanted to pass this along.

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

So I tried reuploading the myadminfolder/sitemonitor_configure.php manually leaving as so:

If you edit the file manually and never go back to the configure section and the admin section still doesn't work, then there is something wrong with your installation/setup since the code from the configuration section is not even used at that point. I ran across one site that had a similar problem and it was because there were double quotes in the exclude list and the message stack wasn't working in the shop so the error was never reported. You should verify the path your shop that is in SiteMonitor's configure file matches what is displayed in admin->modules (the first part) and there are no double quotes in it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons