• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Ive had the same issues as everyone else has reported with v2.5

previous versions worked fine but this one keeps looping aroudn saying i have incorrect admin login details and if i empty those fields out as it suggests if not using curl then it comes up with errors saying my ignore list shouldnt end and start with quotes

but ive left my existing configure file in place as i always have in the past

Perhaps that is the problem since the update file says to be sure to update it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have found a solution for some of the problems reported.

In your sitemonitor_configure.php file, be sure to use the '/' at the end of this line:

$start_dir = '/home/mysite/public_html/catalog/'; //your shops root

It helped me solve this error:

Your username is invalid. Please change it and try again.

One error to go:

When I press the Update button in Configuration Control, I get this error:

FAILED: "catalog/admin/quarantine" isn't enclosed in quotation marks.

It is enclosed in quotation marks, what's the problem here?

One error to go:

When I press the Update button in Configuration Control, I get this error:

FAILED: "catalog/admin/quarantine" isn't enclosed in quotation marks.

It is enclosed in quotation marks, what's the problem here?

Problem solved:

I was using "blablabla" and changed this to 'blablabla' and it works...blush.gif

(use single quotation marks)

Another thing:

When using

$admin_dir = 'http://www.mysite.no/catalog/admin';

in the Configuration Control it is listed as:

http

I changed it to

$admin_dir = 'www.mysite.no/catalog/admin';

and now it is listed right in the Configuration Control.

Cant find any other problems now...whistling.gif

Edited by sijo

There is a command in the code to extend the time limit that will work in some situations. However, it won't work if your server is in safe mode so you may want to check with your host to see if that is the case. Many hosts will turn it off when asked. You can also try placing sleep commands in-between the various sections. For example, in admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor.php, find this line

/************** SEE IF THERE ARE ANY NEW FILES ****************/

and add this before it

sleep(100);

where 100 is 100 seconds. You can use any number you want. That will work on some servers but not on others - worth a try though. However, if it works and you have a bunch of them in the file so that it takes 10 minutes, for example, to complete, that is a ten minute window for a hacker to make changes that might go unnoticed. Probably very unlikely but something to be aware of.

I am getting a similar fatal error when I click on delete reference file or execute site monitor...strangely, manually check for hacked files works, so I have been using that. The error I get is:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/DantGo2/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 780

But as you see, the error occurs on a different line as previous posters...not sure if that means anything. I also noticed there are 5 updates. Can you tell me what I should do? Will getting the updates , perhaps, solve the issue.

How do I go about doing the update? Thanks Jack!

Edited by purplemartinart

Thanks,

Susan

Proudly uses Oscommerce!

I'm running version 2.5 in my two stores on two different servers and after a lot of testing, it appears that this version is stable with no major bugs - I therefore suggest updating SiteMonitor to the latest version - it only takes few minutes anyway.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

I am getting a similar fatal error when I click on delete reference file or execute site monitor...strangely, manually check for hacked files works, so I have been using that. The error I get is:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/DantGo2/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 780

But as you see, the error occurs on a different line as previous posters...not sure if that means anything. I also noticed there are 5 updates. Can you tell me what I should do? Will getting the updates , perhaps, solve the issue.

How do I go about doing the update? Thanks Jack!

That error means the script is taking longer to run that your server allows. You need to reduce the number of files being monitored to get around that.

The easiest way to upgrade is just to upload all of the files in the catalog directory and setup the configure file again. You may want to save your old configure file so you can see what the settings were if there is a problem. Or, you can use your old configure file but it will have to be converted to work with the new files. Conversion instructions vary with the version you have.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed sitemon but in the admin panel under sitemon I am unable to access the admin section, it says my username/password is incorrect, I can only access the configure section.. Why is this happening ? Which username and password is it referring to ?

I installed sitemon but in the admin panel under sitemon I am unable to access the admin section, it says my username/password is incorrect, I can only access the configure section.. Why is this happening ? Which username and password is it referring to ?

That's correct. You can access the admin section until you have configured the contribution in the configure section. This was explained in the last page or two.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I'm trying to install this contribution and I stopped at step 5 of the installation procedure. When I go to admin and click sitemonitor, this happens: oops, the link appears to be broken! What am I doing wrong, please?

Thanks

I'm trying to install this contribution and I stopped at step 5 of the installation procedure. When I go to admin and click sitemonitor, this happens: oops, the link appears to be broken! What am I doing wrong, please?

It means the page can't be found. Be sure you uploaded all of the files to the correct location.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It means the page can't be found. Be sure you uploaded all of the files to the correct location.

Hi Jack,

I have installed it, now there is a problem with 'wrong username and password'. I looked at previous posts but couldn't find any solution to make it work. Have you got any ideas?

Thanks

I have installed it, now there is a problem with 'wrong username and password'. I looked at previous posts but couldn't find any solution to make it work. Have you got any ideas?

No, nothing new. That has been thoroughly covered.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've got an error message:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/myuser/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 418

why is this?

Hi,

I've got an error message:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/myuser/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 418

why is this?

You either didn't install it correctly or you somehow bypassed the configure page, assuming you are using the latest version and your username isn't actually username.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Installed v2.5

LOTS of errors.

When I go to delete the reference file:

Warning: copy(sitemonitor_log_01_07_2010.txt) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/isorm/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 236

Warning: unlink(sitemonitor_reference.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/isorm/admin/sitemonitor_admin.php on line 77

Warning: copy(sitemonitor_log_01_07_2010.txt) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /usr/www/users/isorm/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 236

When I go to update the file:

Confused? Dont want to uninstall but not sure what to do? installed millions of addons to osc before but this one got me stumped.

When I go to delete the reference file:

The "Permission denied" means your server doesn't allow the needed operations. You can try changing permissions or ask your host to provide a solution.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

An interesting contribution and I really appreciate what you are doing here, but I have a few questions that I haven't seen answered:

1) If you exclude a file does Sitemonitor stop checking it? Does that mean that any excluded file could then be compromised by a hacker, and you would have no way of knowing?

The reason I ask is when I ran Sitemonitor for the first (and a few times since) I get a list of files that it is not happy with (in red) such as admin/configuration.php, and others - all in the admin directory - that the program does not flag as 'ref' or 'dates match'. This status doesn't change whether I simply delete the reference file and re-run or leave the reference file and run the program again and again. These flagged files match my backup originals so are not compromised.

2) Then there are a number of files (these are black - found in reference file) but these are flagged as 'ref' and 'dates match', so are these fine, and if so, then why do they show up in the scan results?

3) Are the 'skipped files' files that are OK - no changes?

4) If Sitemonitor does not find a problem then no email is sent - would it not be better to send an email saying "All is well with Sitemonitor" to verify normal operation? This would remind folks to check in on Sitemonitor once in a while as well...(up to date, etc).

I have searched for a FAQ on this program, but that does not appear to exist.

Sorry to ask these questions, particularly if they have been answered before, however with something like 55 pages of forum it could take me hours to pour through them to find answers that perhaps could be in the readme.txt file...

Oh, and there is a typo in the "Notes" section of the report:

"The entry in the Line column refers to the line the suspected hacker cose was found in the file." Should be "hacker code was..."

Thanks again, great project!

John :-#)#

An interesting contribution and I really appreciate what you are doing here, but I have a few questions that I haven't seen answered:

You're confusing the hacker test section with the main part of the program. The heacker test section is just a test you run manually. The results are what you see and arre not rememberd. The main section of the program, the part that does the actual monitoring, does check files, remembers them, sends emails and the like.

Thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi. Great contribution, thanks very much Jack!! :)

One quick question:

I have changed the name of my admin folder. Would that cause any problems? Do I need to change any instances of the word 'admin' in any of the php files to the new name?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Dali45

I have changed the name of my admin folder. Would that cause any problems? Do I need to change any instances of the word 'admin' in any of the php files to the new name?

I think the code still adds admin/quarantine to the exclude list. I meant to change that but don't know if I did or not. In any event, check the exclude list in and change any admin towhatever the new name should be and it will work fine.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I think the code still adds admin/quarantine to the exclude list. I meant to change that but don't know if I did or not. In any event, check the exclude list in and change any admin towhatever the new name should be and it will work fine.

Thanks for the repsonse.

I've tried installing Stie Monitor and I can access the configuationa page, but then I can't access all my other admin pages listed in the admin menu, configuration, catalog, modules etc. I followed the instructions given for installation, so I don't understand what's gone wrong. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

I've tried installing Stie Monitor and I can access the configuationa page, but then I can't access all my other admin pages listed in the admin menu, configuration, catalog, modules etc. I followed the instructions given for installation, so I don't understand what's gone wrong. Has anyone got any ideas?

The contribution doesn't have anything to do with the other parts of admin so, it seems, you have made a mistake in the installation.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You either didn't install it correctly or you somehow bypassed the configure page, assuming you are using the latest version and your username isn't actually username.

Maybe this will be of help to someone.

I am in the process of catching up on my sitemonitor versions and was getting the "....failed to open dir: No such file or directory...." error.

Turned out it was my error, where the instructions for upgrading say

1) Upload all of the files except for sitemonitor_configure.php in the included admin directory to your

admin directory.

I blew right by the "except for sitemonitor_configure.php" part. When I figured out what I was doing wrong, and went back the install/upgrade worked fine.

Note to self: Read instructions....follow instuctions....read instructions....follow instructions

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

Excellent contribution! :thumbsup: a side note make sure that when configuring the start directory it should point to

/home/USERNAME/public_html/catalog/

note that you have to have /catalog in there to work plus replace USERNAME with your username on server if you have a sub domain use this instead:

/home/USERNAME/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/catalog/

again a great contrib. :lol:

Always backup your files! You will be glad you did

My add-ons :

SSPP Seperate Shipping Per Product v2.5| Support
Gift vouchers for SPPC 4.22 v2.1 | Support |
Catalog Infobox v1.0 | Sorry no support for Catalog Infobox |
HTML Mail v2.0 | Support |

Upcoming Add ons:

Addon Manager |
Separate Pricing Per Product Qty |
Coupon Populate |
EZ-PDF Catalog

note that you have to have /catalog in there to work plus replace USERNAME with your username on server if you have a sub domain use this instead:

/home/USERNAME/public_html/SUBDOMAIN/catalog/

To clarify, catalog would only have to be entered if one has a catalog directory. The instructions mention to use the root of the shop, catalog in your case.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons