• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

That is generally due to a server problem. You should ask your host to take a look at it.

Jack

Jack Im having a problem with the installation of Site Monitor do you think it's possible for you to provide me with some help/support?

this is the message I get once I get to step 5 of the instructions

404 Error - Not Found

The resource you have requested could not be found on the server. There are many possible reasons for this. Either the file does not exist, there is an error in your request, or the file is not accessible in the requested directory. Please verify that:

You have used the proper case; requests ARE case-sensitive!

You have entered the URL correctly. (i.e. proper directory/filename)

You used the FULL URL. (i.e. proper file type: .html, .gif , .jpg, etc.)

You use a tilde (~) before user directories. (i.e. www.furcen.org/~jurann/ )

The user/file still exists on this server.

It sounds like you might have the admin access contribution installed. If you have a secion in admin named administrator, you have to enable the files before they will work. You will need to ask in that support thread for how to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you might have the admin access contribution installed. If you have a secion in admin named administrator, you have to enable the files before they will work. You will need to ask in that support thread for how to do that.

Jack

How do i enable the files before they will work?

Jack

I deleted the contribution and started all over again and now I'm receiving a new message (see below) can someone assist me please. Thank you

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/ejvj69/flawnt.net/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /hsphere/local/home/ejvj69/flawnt.net/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 101

Reference file creation failed.

Hi Jack,

First, let me just say that this is a great contribution! I installed it and am mostly happy with the results thus far! I just had 1 error and 1 question, mostly because I am a php noob. These should probably be pretty easy to answer =)

First, the error!

After the initial install, I ran everything as specficied and hit a problem on the second button: When it attempts to the the email i get this error message:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in mysite\myadmin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 633

all other emails from the site send fine, and I am not sure how to do an ini_set.

Also, my second question is how do i set up a cron job? Which file and where abouts do i put it in? i tried searching around the forums a bit but couldn't really find an answer.

Thanks for your help, and great job with this contribution!

J

The contribution uses the servers mail function and the error is saying there is a problem with it. You will need to give that message to your host and ask that they look into it since it is a server problem.

For the cron job, your hosts control panel should have a cron section. You will need to ask them where it is if you can't find it since it varies with the control panel being used. Once you find it, create a new cron job using the command provided in the instructions and change the time to be ran to once a day. The included command may not work on your server since that can vary with the host also. If it fails, you will need to ask them to check it. You can also use a google search to find out more about how to setup cron jobs.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The contribution uses the servers mail function and the error is saying there is a problem with it. You will need to give that message to your host and ask that they look into it since it is a server problem.

For the cron job, your hosts control panel should have a cron section. You will need to ask them where it is if you can't find it since it varies with the control panel being used. Once you find it, create a new cron job using the command provided in the instructions and change the time to be ran to once a day. The included command may not work on your server since that can vary with the host also. If it fails, you will need to ask them to check it. You can also use a google search to find out more about how to setup cron jobs.

Jack

Thanks for the speedy response, Jack, I will look into both of those with my host. One more quick question.

Aside from the mail thing, everything was working fine. I recently also installed SecurityPro after reading Spooks post Here on the forums and I am now getting a fatal error message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in mystore\myadmin\includes\functions\sitemonitor_functions.php on line 198

I am also getting the same error on line 200 (the error seen above is when i hit the middle button in the admin panel; line 200 error is when i hit the top button.)

Any quick fix for this as well?

Thanks again for your help,

J

Hi Jack,

I'm using ver 1.7 but it doesn't show up in my Administration/Configuration. So I manually run it using admin/sitemonitor.php.

In the first time I receive this message:

First time ran. Reference file was created and saved.

==> I assume this is correct?

The I run it again and get this error:

No new files found...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524288 bytes) in /home/wildfir4/public_html/mantrauang/shop/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 440

How to fix it and how to show Site Monitor in my Configuration page?

Aldian Prakoso - Blog Monetization Strategist

It might be looping due to how you have the exclude list setup. Try excluding the large items, like images and includes. Once it is working, add those back in and see what happens.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks a Lot IT'S WORKING.... :rolleyes:

Actually I would not exclude the images folder.. well maybe .. but be very aware that if other files are hacked in directories that were not excluded.. depending on what the bad guys did.. there is a major possability they dropped something somewhere else.. today's find was 12 directories within catalog/images which served up bank phishing stuff.. So if you are going to exclude a particular directory, then if you get a warning notice, you need to manually check the excluded's..

fwiw I am perusing this thresd because I want to install this ultility on ever osc install I manage.. and it looks like this is a great contribution..

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a matter of being nice. It is against forum rules. If someone supports it, in the least, the thread or post will be removed/edited, but they might also get their hand slapped with threaten of suspension. At least that is the way it was. I don't make that mistake anymore so it hasn't happened to me in a while.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Jack i use the contrubute and it was very easy to install.

this question might be a little dumb but when i hit the frist button it says (Reference file creation failed.) insted of the (file was ran for the first time)

i am not sure how to fix it. it might because i am not using any of the curls and my start directory is at defult, /home/username/public_html.

not sure what to set it t

please help

will

You need to replace username with your actual username.

Jack

this is getting crazy. I think this fix is going to be so dumb but i just cant seem to find it. I installed and everyting is great.

always email is checked

quarantine files not checked

verbose is checked

log files checked

log file size 100000

delete reference file is nothing

to: my address

from is From: my addrss

the last four is where i think the problem is

start directory i tried every possible username i had and it is still "Reference file creation failed."

admin directory is http://myaddress.com/admin/

and nothing else for the username and password

But when i leave blank the username and password it automatily fills in my personal information, which i try out and still nothing.

this is driving me crazy

Leave the curl username and password AND the admin url empty. For the username in the path, go to admin->Modules. It is displayed on that page under the listed modules.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Leave the curl username and password AND the admin url empty. For the username in the path, go to admin->Modules. It is displayed on that page under the listed modules.

Jack

it works!! thanks Jack, it was just the username which i found where you said it would be. Thanks again.

will

Jack,

I have been reading through the forum again as I have never been able to get my sitemonitor to work properly. once I upload a new image, it times out. Just the other day, it worked even after new files had been added. So it got me to thinking. I saw in a post that the server could be busy and try excluding some folders. Now I have a dedicated server and it should not be that busy, but I tried excluding my admin directory and poof, the monitor works every time! Of course I don't want to leave it like that so I changed it to just one folder in admin instead of the entire admin section and it still works.

Now another tidbit I found. I originally put a space between the directory name and the comma, then another space. Like this:

"folder" , "folder2"

When I did this, I got 2 e-mails from sitemonitor. I changed it to this:

"folder","folder2"

and I only get the one e-mail.

I saw several multiple e-mail questions in this forum. Possibly this is the culprit.

Tim

Hmm, that's strange. I can't think why it would do that except maybe the php version. I will install it into a shop on a server with php 5 and see if I get the same failure. I'll post here once I do that.

Jack