• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

Hi all

I have installed v1.7 and I have a problem at Step 5. Steps 1 to 4 have been done to the letter. I even restored my site and tried it again being very careful to get it exactly right, but maybe I did something wrong?

When I go to admin, SiteMonitor I get the following message

"Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_FORBIDEN was not found on this server."

Please can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks

Lee

Site Monitor is sending me two emails each time it is run. One would be sufficient. Can I change this somewhere?

It only sends out one email. The second may be coming from cron.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all

I have installed v1.7 and I have a problem at Step 5. Steps 1 to 4 have been done to the letter. I even restored my site and tried it again being very careful to get it exactly right, but maybe I did something wrong?

When I go to admin, SiteMonitor I get the following message

"Not Found

The requested URL /catalog/admin/FILENAME_FORBIDEN was not found on this server."

Please can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Thanks

Lee

FILENAME_FORBIDEN is not part of SiteMonitor and the capital letters indicate a missing definition so there seems to be some problem in your files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Cron Job Question

The install file suggests this command for a cron job, "php /home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/sitemonitor.php".

1. Is 'sitemonitor.php' the cron file itself or does the above command need to be put into a script file for cron?

2. If the later, does it have to have a certain extension, like .pl or .php?

I have not set up a cron job yet.

Then I don't know what could be causing that. It should only send out one email. Maybe your mail server is duplicating it somehow?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Cron Job Question

The install file suggests this command for a cron job, "php /home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/sitemonitor.php".

1. Is 'sitemonitor.php' the cron file itself or does the above command need to be put into a script file for cron?

2. If the later, does it have to have a certain extension, like .pl or .php?

Cron is a program located on your server. The command is what you use to execute that program. When cron sees that command, it realizes it is being told to use php to execute the sitemonitor.php file located at /home/username/public_html/catalog/admin/. This last part has to be adjusted so that it is correct for your server.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Very useful contribution, easy to understand and clear installation instruction.

All working perfectly except everytime running "Execute Sitemonitor" (middle update button) I get two emails (run without cron job), but totally is not a hassle at all for me.

Thanks for the author (Jack), two thumbs up for you.

God bless you.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably gonna ask a stupid question but...

I have configured the files correctly, except when I run the contribution to check the files, I get this error:

Warning: fopen(sitemonitor_reference.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/diequest/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 244
Failed to open file sitemonitor_reference.php

Any ideas?

... Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns ...

Greetings,

I installed site monitor and tested it several times, everything was fine until after I added an item in my inventory (with a pic), after that I ran a test and got this message

Found a new file named catalog/images/hotrod deluxe.jpg

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /hsphere/local/home/jplynn/jerrys-music.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 87

I didn't see that problem in any earlier posts. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm probably gonna ask a stupid question but...

I have configured the files correctly, except when I run the contribution to check the files, I get this error:

Go to the bottom of this page, type fopen(sitemonitor_reference.php) in the search box and click search.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Greetings,

I installed site monitor and tested it several times, everything was fine until after I added an item in my inventory (with a pic), after that I ran a test and got this message

Found a new file named catalog/images/hotrod deluxe.jpg

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /hsphere/local/home/jplynn/jerrys-music.com/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 87

I didn't see that problem in any earlier posts. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The tep_not_null function is a standard oscommerce function. The error is saying it can't find it but I find that hard to believe since there would be many other errors. The only thing I can think of is that there is a restriction by your server that is preventing the file from being loaded properly. I don't have any suggestions for fixing it though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok for this script seems to function properly so far except for a couple weird tweaks. In the configure menu of Site Monitor I filled in the curl options before I knew that I did not need them and I also missed the note about if you did not use https then perhaps it was not the best idea to fill that information in. So I went back to delete the inputs in the understanding that my server allows fopen and everytime I update the page soon as I come back to it the curl settings are there again.

Now the 2nd thing is that my "From" field email addy and "To" email addy are the same. I receive it at the right email but for some unknown reason is says it was sent from another one of my emails that I use to have extra order emails sent to.

Just trying to understand these quirks.

Edit- Also my exclude box says "admin/quarantine" when I have not selected any option to quarantine. Perhaps that means something else? I am going to turn this off till I get this figured.

Slight Correction The curl setting blanks are not filled with the information I originally had in them. It now has them filled with my database log in and password? Is this normal? I never put those values there.

Edited by XxWickedxX

You can edit the admin/sitemonitor_config.php file directly if the admin tool isn't working on your site. Just be sure not to remove anything you don't want. Just make changes to the values. The from address is taken from the settings in your shop.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for the location of those values. I am assuming its fine to comment out the curl stuff. On the other hand I have just double checked and the address its using in the from field is the first address listed in my "Send extra order Emails To:"

It was admin/sitemonitor_configure_setup.php that had to be used to hide the values. Thanks Jack for pointing me in the right direction. I just did not expect the form to auto pull values into the curl settings without my input. Just wondering if that is normal since it says they are optional fields.

Well no real complaints. Everything seems to be working as it should. My cron job has not run yet but I have done manual scans with it. A really handy tool. Only thing I was not able to get working in the security thread post was the Anti XSS of what was the fastest one to install.

Well really feel better with what I do have now working. Thanks again for the input Jack

Edited by XxWickedxX

I installed everything correctly and followed the isntructions to delete/create a reference file, but then I get this error message:

Warning: opendir(/home/username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /data/15/1/113/53/1765705/user/1908746/htdocs/thenewgreenme/shop/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 99

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /data/15/1/113/53/1765705/user/1908746/htdocs/thenewgreenme/shop/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 101

Reference file creation failed.

I also tried running it manually and it resulted in the same error message.

What should I do next?

Thanks for your assistance.

Just think before writing :o

I got the same error as Rezolles_net -> Here's the working solution!

1. DON'T create the file sitemonitor_reference.php manually!! you already did? delete it!

2. chmod your admin directory with 777 but DON'T chmod the files within! just the directory!

3. run the script to generate the sitemonitor_reference.php

4. use the script regular as cronjob and watch bad things happen ;)

if you use daily automated updates for products, you may add "images" folder to exclude list or you will get mails every day when new pictures where added -> but also good option to see if it works ;)

Thanks a Lot IT'S WORKING.... :rolleyes: