• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SiteMonitor

Jack_mcs

That's caused because the file to be quarantined is in a sub-directory and that sub-directory doesn't exist in the quarantine directory. I will need to add code to account for that. In the meantime, you would either need to turn the quarantine option off or create all of the sub-directories in the quarantine directory yourself.

Jack

Thanks for the info, I will have to look at one of my older hacked backup sites. I do believe someone who put Phishing content in my site created a sub directory. That would be usefull added feature in the future ti quarantine that.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I will have to look at one of my older hacked backup sites. I do believe someone who put Phishing content in my site created a sub directory. That would be usefull added feature in the future ti quarantine that.

Thanks

It doesn't matter if the hacker added a sub-directory. The problem is in the SiteMonitor code. It will quarantine a file if it is in the root but it won't quarantine one that is in some sub-directory, like images. That was an oversight on my part. If a hacker does add a sub-directory, then SiteMonitor should still quarantine it once the new code is added.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

- Added a check for file open to reduce number of errors displayed.

- Added code so quarantine function works with nested directories

- Fixed problem with dated quarantine files not being named correctly

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hello , i m trying to use it on my local server.

I installed the last version : SiteMonitor_V_1.5

- when i run the admin : eithr Delete Reference File or or Execute Sitemonitor give me a blank page with no errors

- when i run the configuration , the list of folder in the dropdown menu lacks the first caractere for all folders so i can see for sintance in the exclude box:

"cgi-bin","admin","tmp","images",":/easyphp/www/ms2fr/shop/images/image/exemple"

instead of

"cgi-bin","admin","tmp","images","v:/easyphp/www/ms2fr/shop/images/image/gems"

here is my sitemonitor_configure.php

<?php
/************** THE OPTIONS AND SETTINGS ****************/
$always_email = 1; //set to 1 to always email the results
$verbose = 1; //set to 1 to see the results displayed on the page (for when running manually)
$logfile = 1; //set to 1 to see to track results in a log file
$logfile_size = 100000; //set the maximum size of the logfile
$quarantine = 0; //set to 1 to move new files found to the quarantine directory

$to = '[email protected]'; //where email is sent to
$from = 'From: [email protected]'; //where email is sent from

$start_dir = 'v:\easyphp\www\ms2fr\shop\'; //your shops root

$excludeList = array("cgi-bin","admin","tmp","images"); //don't check these directories - change to your liking - must be set prior to first run
?>

any ideas ?

MS2

also i tried to run http://localhost/ms2fr/shop/admin/sitemonitor.php directly i got:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in v:\easyphp\www\ms2fr\shop\admin\sitemonitor_configure.php on line 14

and gues waht the parse is a comment :

line 14 is :

$excludeList = array("cgi-bin","admin","tmp","images"); //don[b]'[/b]t check these directories - change to your liking - must be set prior to first run

when i remove the comment and run again sitemonitor.php directly i got:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in v:\easyphp\www\ms2fr\shop\admin\sitemonitor_configure.php on line 15

:huh:

MS2

This entry

"cgi-bin","admin","tmp","images",":/easyphp/www/ms2fr/shop/images/image/exemple"

isn't right. It should be

"cgi-bin","admin","tmp","images","images/image/exemple"

I don't know why it is showing up like that though. Try changing that to see if it runs.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Try changing

$start_dir = 'v:\easyphp\www\ms2fr\shop\'; //your shops root

to

$start_dir = 'v:/easyphp/www/ms2fr/shop'; //your shops root

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

when I run the SiteMonitor manually, it's working fine, however on cron suddenly I'm receiving the following error message:

PHP Warning:  set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/admin/sitemonitor.php on line 10
PHP Warning:  filesize(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.  The script whose uid is 10492 is not allowed to access /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com owned by uid 0 in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 59
PHP Warning:  filesize(): stat failed for sitemonitor_log.txt in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 59
PHP Warning:  fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.  The script whose uid is 10492 is not allowed to access /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com owned by uid 0 in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 186
PHP Warning:  fopen(sitemonitor_reference.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 186
Failed to open file sitemonitor_reference.php

I know that it is probably server setting related, however since more people can experience the similar error, is there something that might be changed in SiteMonitor files to prevent such messages?

Alex

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

The function set_time_limit won't work on a server in safe mode so it has to be removed from the code. It is located in the admin/sitemonitor.php file and mentioned in the readme.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

the solution given to bypass the delete files doesnt work , i got nothing showed aftrer minutes of thinking

isnt it possible to have the deleted files information and still the other taht for the moment are not shown since the report stop when he found deleted files ?

MS2

Doing that greatly increases the time required to make the comparisons and if the reference file is very large, which most are, it will most likely cause a timeout. I've thought to put in an option to be able to skip recording deleted files since those are not very dangerous, in most cases. That might be a little better solution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

After commenting this line out in sitemonitor.php:

//set_time_limit(0);

I receive the following error message when executing cron:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/dbase.so' - /usr/lib/php4/dbase.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/dom.so' - /usr/lib/php4/dom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/gd.so' - /usr/lib/php4/gd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/imap.so' - /usr/lib/php4/imap.so: undefined symbol: _zval_copy_ctor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/json.so' - /usr/lib/php4/json.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/ldap.so' - /usr/lib/php4/ldap.so: undefined symbol: _zval_dtor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/mbstring.so' - /usr/lib/php4/mbstring.so: undefined symbol: _zval_copy_ctor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/mcrypt.so' - /usr/lib/php4/mcrypt.so: undefined symbol: _zval_copy_ctor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: U��WVS��: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=0
PHP	compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=0
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php4/mysql.so: undefined symbol: zend_hash_add_or_update in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/mysqli.so' - /usr/lib/php4/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/odbc.so' - /usr/lib/php4/odbc.so: undefined symbol: _zval_copy_ctor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/pdo.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pdo.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pdo_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/pdo_odbc.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pdo_odbc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/pdo_pgsql.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pdo_pgsql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/pdo_sqlite.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pdo_sqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so' - /usr/lib/php4/pgsql.so: undefined symbol: _zval_dtor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/snmp.so' - /usr/lib/php4/snmp.so: undefined symbol: _zval_copy_ctor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/xmlreader.so' - /usr/lib/php4/xmlreader.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/xmlrpc.so' - /usr/lib/php4/xmlrpc.so: undefined symbol: zend_hash_add_or_update in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/xmlwriter.so' - /usr/lib/php4/xmlwriter.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/xsl.so' - /usr/lib/php4/xsl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/zip.so' - /usr/lib/php4/zip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Failed to open file sitemonitor_reference.php

Any ideas?

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

That's a problem with your php installation or something related to it on the server. You will need to ask your host to look at it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have everything running great from the admin section, and manually. I had to remove the CheckLogFile() to get it to work. Now, when I run a cron job, I get the following error.

PHP Warning: fopen(sitemonitor_reference.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/*******/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 208

Warning: fopen(sitemonitor_reference.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/********/httpdocs/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 208 Failed to open file sitemonitor_reference.php

The stars above in the path I put in just to remove my site name. The path is correct.

Any ideas?

You can look through this thread for a few ideas on that but I think you will find your host is blocking access. You should ask them about it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 weeks later...

Okay I must be a boob, as I can not get it to work.

I changed username to my actual username read all 10 pages and tried everything posted, but I am still get the following errors:

Warning: opendir(/home/MyActual Username/public_html) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/XXXX/store/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 93

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /homepages/45/d90400221/htdocs/XXXX/store/admin/includes/functions/sitemonitor_functions.php on line 95

Reference file creation failed.

What did I do wrong?

I am using the lastest release of Site Monitor on osC RC2a if that helps

Edited by Eighteen48