• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity Price Breaks

jpweber

For the functionality of Quantity Price Breaks you do not need to change the product listing unless you want to show price breaks there. So if you can live without that you can just use the product listing you like.

I may be in the wrong place and I am a new user to this forum but I would like to install the QTY Price Breaks contribution but am terrified that if I do something wrong I will destroy my site. the question is - is there an idiot proof install and how can it gaurantee that it will not overwrite any changes to files that I have already made? Thanks anyone who can help

Great Mod. Using it for a long time. Maybe there could be an extra feature added. (maybe it is in there but have i not found it yet). I would like to have when i enter 0.00 as price that the price display's 'contact me' from the language files. I have seen there is a contrib, but that does not work with QPBP because QPBP uses his own price formatter. I tried to alter the priceformatter but at no avail. I am more old style php and not with objects. I have some products that when you want a higher volume you should contact us. Has somebody any idea's on this?

Thanks

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread is three years old, but I am having similar problems. The price break table is not showing on my product_info page. I have very carefully made all of the changes to all the files. I had also installed other contributions, so I was very careful to compare the files individually using Araxis Merge.

I am able to use the admin screen to add price breaks for a product (I have added them for our Computer Business Tote). It even shows me the table correctly on the preview after I edit the product. It also is correctly being stored in the SQL table products_price_break. When I go to the store and view the product_info, it does not show the table of price breaks. See http://calvinmitchell.com/leathershop/prod...

But when I choose a quantity that should change the price, such as 5 (after 4 items, the price goes to $112.50), it correctly calculates the cost. The customer was just never shown the price break table.

I can see the call in product_info.php "$products_price = $pf->getPriceString();" and I made sure I uploaded the file includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php. So what am I missing?

I am also having similar problems. The price break table does not show on my product_info page.

I am able to use the admin screen to add price breaks for a product (I have added them for a bridal shower favor). It even shows me the table correctly on the preview after I edit the product. It also is correctly being stored in the SQL table products_price_break. However, when I go to the store and view the product_info, it does not show the table of price breaks. See http://bemybeloved.us/product_info.php/cPath/59_60/products_id/194

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Kristin

Oh yes, and alas, it did not work for me, so I put it back to the $_get.

$_get will not work. $_GET might and $HTTP_GET_VARS should definitely work. If I use the link you gave it will tell me: product not found. I think that is because you switched on the experimental seo url's in the admin. Obviously that is not working well with this template.

If I use this link I can see the description but not the table with price breaks. It is a template as far as I can see so maybe there is something peculiar with that code, can't tell.

$_get will not work. $_GET might and $HTTP_GET_VARS should definitely work. If I use the link you gave it will tell me: product not found. I think that is because you switched on the experimental seo url's in the admin. Obviously that is not working well with this template.

If I use this link I can see the description but not the table with price breaks. It is a template as far as I can see so maybe there is something peculiar with that code, can't tell.

I didn't type $_GET properly here, but I just copied and pasted it into product_info.php, and it didn't work. Then, I put in $HTTP_GET_VARS and turned off the seo urls, and still no love. You may be right about it being a template issue.

I figured it out! I had started making some of the changes in product_info.php, and then I found the autoinstaller. I apparently didn't successfully back out all of the changes I had made before running it. Once I took my incomplete changes out, the table displays perfectly! Yay!

Jan, thanks for looking at it for me. I really appreciate your time.

Edited by katamallc

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this add-on, this really helped me a lot!

Its working great on my site, Just need to know how to show discounted prices on other pages like upcoming_products.php and new_products.php?

Currently i can only see Discounted Price(From $xxx.xx) on advanced_search_result.php and product_info.php. Just would like to have the same thing on other pages of the site.

Any Suggestions?

Regards,

Aamir

Hi all - hoping someone on here can help.

I have this mod installed. However, I do not want to use it for all my products. How do I edit the price on the products page to just show the price and not price-price on the items that have no quantity discounts?

ie. instead of just showing $9.95 (when there are no price breaks), it shows $9.95-$9.95 (which is confusing to buyers). Is there something I can do to fix this?

Its working great on my site, Just need to know how to show discounted prices on other pages like upcoming_products.php and new_products.php?

Compare the code of those pages with pages that do show discounted prices and if they are sufficiently similar adapt the code on those pages to includes discounted prices.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I have this mod installed. However, I do not want to use it for all my products. How do I edit the price on the products page to just show the price and not price-price on the items that have no quantity discounts?

ie. instead of just showing $9.95 (when there are no price breaks), it shows $9.95-$9.95 (which is confusing to buyers). Is there something I can do to fix this?

From the top of my head the contribution will only show the products price when there are no price breaks entered. Do you perhaps have a price break of $9.95 for 1 piece entered? You don't need that because that is already implied by products_price in the table products.

I've just installed this package and thus far am receiving no errors, but fail to see where you actually enter the price-break info, and the install info and screenshots don't show the URL where this occurs. I would assume it's on the discount_categories.php page, but when I call that page using the Discount Categories link in the Catalog box, the page renders and only Name for the new discount category appears. Where should the entry of the quantity and price info be? I'm receiving no errors at all.

Thanks!

I've just installed this package and thus far am receiving no errors, but fail to see where you actually enter the price-break info, and the install info and screenshots don't show the URL where this occurs. I would assume it's on the discount_categories.php page, but when I call that page using the Discount Categories link in the Catalog box, the page renders and only Name for the new discount category appears. Where should the entry of the quantity and price info be? I'm receiving no errors at all.

admin/categories.php, where you enter the regular price too but then a bit lower the price breaks.

How do you get the combo boxes to default to "none". On my site instead of the word "NONE" I used "Please Select", but I can not get it to default to that as the first item in the list. Right now because it is not first, when they add to cart, one of everything goes in.

Jennifer

I have a problem. After to install Quantity Price Breaks, When I enter in Admin -> Catalog -> Categories/Products, I receive this message:

Warning: require_once(includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP5.2.10\www\loja2\admin\categories.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP5.2.10\www\loja2\admin\categories.php on line 18

who will be able to help Me?????

Please!!! I need for Help!!!

I have a problem. After to install Quantity Price Breaks, When I enter in Admin -> Catalog -> Categories/Products, I receive this message:

Warning: require_once(includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP5.2.10\www\loja2\admin\categories.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\EasyPHP5.2.10\www\loja2\admin\categories.php on line 18

Looks like you forgot to upload that particular file to the admin directory (admin\includes\classes\).

Hello everyone,

I'm a new beginner in osCommerce, and I just installed this contribution :Quantity Price Breaks Per Product v1.3.6.

Everything works very well but when I want to checkout my shopping cart, in step 2 "payment information", payment method doesn't appear anymore, there is just a single line :

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

So I can't continue my order ( I know that this problem is known but I can't solve it)

Thanks for your help ! (and sorry for my mistakes in english)

Hello!!

I installed that fabulous contribution, thanks to the creator, but I have some doubts:

If I only want to sell for example at packs, how can I delete the unit price not to appear?

If I put the minimum quantity to the product at 10 units, why I can purchase for example 4 units of that product?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this on another forum, but this appears to be the help thread for this contribution. I spent hours installing the Price Break Contribution and it appeared to be working fine, as far as "looks": http://familymemoriesandmore.com/cart/prod...;products_id=28

However, when I change the quantity and add to cart, it only adds 1, 2, 3, 4, etc., according to how many times I've tried! Then if I change the quantity while in the cart, I get this error:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/garysgal/public_html/cart/includes/application_top.php on line 355

Here's my line 355 in my application_top:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) + $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

What's going on here? Please help! Thank you!

Probably way to late, but as I ran into the same problem and just figured out I thought I'd mention that I was getting the same problem and the probable was that I didn't quite follow the instructions and put the "add_cart" function in the wrong place (under the update function, not the add function) .... only took me a day and a half to figure that one out! That'll teach me to read more carefully! Go bad and read that line of the upgrade instructions and you'll see what I mean.