• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity Price Breaks

jpweber

Pfff, you don't have to be so rude. I'm trying to get an answer since March 12th (on the Dutch forum also) but nobody seems to know something about this or wont answer. So I'm very curious if anybody can help me, thats the reason why I'm 'bumping'. And no, I am NOT from Barcelona and I am NOT going to ask if anybody can do this for me but if anybody can help me to make this possible.

I guess the "I know nothing" expression doesn't ring a bell.

I remember you had another question on the Dutch forum I spent a couple of hours on and then you decided you didn't need it anyway. I'm cured but perhaps there is some kind soul here who wants to spoonfeed you. The includes/products_listing.php should be an example for the new products module but I guess that is not what you want to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I need help here.

After Installing the latest QBPP 1.3.5 7 September 2008

I can go to the admin section and it works.

But when I go to the public section, everytime I click the categories or product only comes with:

"Let's See what we have here", and blank page.

Anyone has similar problem, it must be my stupidity but I have been struggling for days, and still no luck.

Can anyone please shed some light for me?

Thanks guys,

Jimmy

Hallo Everyone,

I am new on oscommerce, forum and add-on.

I've tried to install a new 2.2 RC2a and the Quantity Price Breaks autoinstalle.

It dont work.

Maybe I think it doesn't work, because I need the shop in german language.

But Icould not find any tip, that this add-on is only for english and dutch !!!!!!!!!! :-(

Is there anybody, who can help me to get the QPB into a german version ?!?

Thanks guys,

Eugen

from Vienna, Austria

Hallo Everyone,

I am new on oscommerce, forum and add-on.

I've tried to install a new 2.2 RC2a and the Quantity Price Breaks autoinstalle.

It dont work.

Maybe I think it doesn't work, because I need the shop in german language.

But Icould not find any tip, that this add-on is only for english and dutch !!!!!!!!!! :-(

Is there anybody, who can help me to get the QPB into a german version ?!?

Thanks guys,

Eugen

from Vienna, Austria

Did you get any errors ?

You can copy the english files into the languages / german directory and translate them to German

Stanislav

Hallo Stanislav,

yes I get error-messages after full new 2.2rc2a installation:

Notice: Use of undefined constant LIBXML_NOCDATA - assumed 'LIBXML_NOCDATA' in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 28

Warning: simplexml_load_file() expects at most 2 parameters, 3 given in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 28

Notice: Use of undefined constant LIBXML_NOCDATA - assumed 'LIBXML_NOCDATA' in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 29

Warning: simplexml_load_file() expects at most 2 parameters, 3 given in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 29

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 52

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/index.php on line 43

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/index.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$before_installation_message in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/index.php on line 128

What's wrong?

PHP Version 5.0.4

Thanks,

Eugen

Hallo Stanislav,

yes I get error-messages after full new 2.2rc2a installation:

Notice: Use of undefined constant LIBXML_NOCDATA - assumed 'LIBXML_NOCDATA' in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 28

Warning: simplexml_load_file() expects at most 2 parameters, 3 given in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 28

Notice: Use of undefined constant LIBXML_NOCDATA - assumed 'LIBXML_NOCDATA' in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 29

Warning: simplexml_load_file() expects at most 2 parameters, 3 given in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 29

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/autoinstaller.php on line 52

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/index.php on line 43

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/index.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$before_installation_message in /srv/www/springsholz.at/osc/catalog/pb_autoinstaller/index.php on line 128

What's wrong?

PHP Version 5.0.4

The Autoinstaller script requres PHP 5.2.0

You have to install it manually without autoinstaller

Stanislav

QPBPP is a great contrib!

I am currently upgrading from 1.2.3 to 1.3.5. There are some major changes, here.

Has anyone seen an add-on module or method that allows you to make Price Groups?

example: I sell 2 products

1. apples

2. oranges

Say, I have over 1000 types of apples and over 500 types of oranges. that's a lot of updates.

and, half of the apples are imported and share the same price. I would like to update all the products prices in the imported section with one update.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Rob

----------

working on a way to make Price Groups, any ideas?

Say, I have over 1000 types of apples and over 500 types of oranges. that's a lot of updates.

and, half of the apples are imported and share the same price. I would like to update all the products prices in the imported section with one update.

Any thoughts?

My first thought is about cross-posting which as you might know is not allowed on the osC forums.

Anyway, I personally probably would write something like a price group thing as you suggest.

Could be a simple database table that only contains a products_id and your price group and then with a simple page for the update query the table for the products_id and then update all those products prices for the products_id that you just queried.

Of course you could also add them to a text file in a long list separated with comma's and read that.

But I wouldn't know a contribution that comes close to doing that. Easy populate does something similar but to adapt it to what you want is probably more work than write it from scratch.

If they are all the same price and other items do not have the same price you could do it with an sql query like update products set products_price = 'new_price' where products_price = 'old_price';

With the above mentioned scenario you would use the products_id's to update products set products_price = 'new_price' where products_id in (23, 38, 48, 49, 50, 61, 80);

Thanks for the response,

My first thought is about cross-posting which as you might know is not allowed on the osC forums.

My bad, forgot the difference between a topic and a post. x ) then couldn't figure how to remove topic, so i posted in the proper category.

Could be a simple database table that only contains a products_id and your price group and then with a simple page for the update query the table for the products_id and then update all those products prices for the products_id that you just queried.

Of course you could also add them to a text file in a long list separated with comma's and read that.

But I wouldn't know a contribution that comes close to doing that. Easy populate does something similar but to adapt it to what you want is probably more work than write it from scratch.

Is this one similar to what I am looking for? Quick Price Updates for SPPC http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3798

I notice it is designed to make separate product prices for customer groups.

in the past, I would use an sql command to update all the similar prices to the new values, but now that QPB has moved the price sets to it's own DB I can see the value of automating and grouping the price sets. One to many relationship table should do the job, yes?

thanks for any advice,

Edited by VibeX

Rob

----------

working on a way to make Price Groups, any ideas?

Is this one similar to what I am looking for? Quick Price Updates for SPPC http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3798

I notice it is designed to make separate product prices for customer groups.

No, you can't use that unless you installed SPPC (Separate Pricing Per Customer) and that has no support for the QPBPP version for SPPC.

in the past, I would use an sql command to update all the similar prices to the new values, but now that QPB has moved the price sets to it's own DB I can see the value of automating and grouping the price sets. One to many relationship table should do the job, yes?

If the price breaks are the same too you would still only need a table with the price group and the products_id to do a query using the where products_id in (23, 38, 48, 49, 50, 61, 80);. For a price break you would just need to change the sql query somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using QPB and it works well however, I have one situation that occurs quite frequently and I don't know what to do. I have minimum order quanitites for some products but not quantity blocks. So let's say, I have to order at least 25 of an item, but I can also order 26, 27, 28, etc. I don't have to order 25, 50, 75. Anyone know of a contribution or fix that would continue to work with QPB?

I am using QPB and it works well however, I have one situation that occurs quite frequently and I don't know what to do. I have minimum order quanitites for some products but not quantity blocks. So let's say, I have to order at least 25 of an item, but I can also order 26, 27, 28, etc. I don't have to order 25, 50, 75. Anyone know of a contribution or fix that would continue to work with QPB?

This (minimum order quantity) was already added to QPBPP for SPPC but not to this (simpler) version.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya -

Great contribution.

Using it on my store, and I am also using discount coupon codes. I'm looking for a way to prevent them from stacking. If a coupon code is present, I would like it to not apply the quantity discount. Has this been covered somewhere?

Thanks,

Sam

• 2 weeks later...
Standard feature in the class PriceFormatter which is called on product_info.php with $products_price=$pf->getPriceString();

I know this thread is three years old, but I am having similar problems. The price break table is not showing on my product_info page. I have very carefully made all of the changes to all the files. I had also installed other contributions, so I was very careful to compare the files individually using Araxis Merge.

I am able to use the admin screen to add price breaks for a product (I have added them for our Computer Business Tote). It even shows me the table correctly on the preview after I edit the product. It also is correctly being stored in the SQL table products_price_break. When I go to the store and view the product_info, it does not show the table of price breaks. See http://calvinmitchell.com/leathershop/prod...

But when I choose a quantity that should change the price, such as 5 (after 4 items, the price goes to $112.50), it correctly calculates the cost. The customer was just never shown the price break table.

I can see the call in product_info.php "$products_price = $pf->getPriceString();" and I made sure I uploaded the file includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php. So what am I missing?

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I can see the call in product_info.php "$products_price = $pf->getPriceString();" and I made sure I uploaded the file includes/classes/PriceFormatter.php. So what am I missing?

No idea. But you do seem to use the (experimental) seo url's that come with osC so perhaps the $_GET['products_id'] is not populated (null)? Perhaps the old fashioned $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] instead of the $_GET does work?

$pf->loadProduct((int)$_GET['products_id'], (int)$languages_id);

No idea. But you do seem to use the (experimental) seo url's that come with osC so perhaps the $_GET['products_id'] is not populated (null)? Perhaps the old fashioned $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] instead of the $_GET does work?

$pf->loadProduct((int)$_GET['products_id'], (int)$languages_id);

THAT DID IT!! Thank you!!

OH DEAR! Everything looked like it was working great, so I decided to go completely through a transaction to make sure. It went through the checkout process beautifully. I chose Paypal for payment. When it transferred over to Paypal, it correctly displayed the transaction amount details. HOWEVER, after I either login to Paypal with my account as the customer, OR enter my credit card information, the next Paypal screen says "Sorry, your action could not be completed"!! YIKES. I thought maybe this is a Paypal problem, unrelated to my QPBPP update, so I went to another client site (the sister of this client) and did a test there. Hers worked fine.

So what changes could have messed up the Paypal handoff? The changes to includes/classes/shopping_cart.php were the trickiest for me because sometimes the lines changed for QPBPP were the same lines I had to change for other contribs I had installed (Held Orders, Option Type). I used Araxis Merge to carefully compare. What lines do you think would cause a problem in the Paypal process? I will gladly email my changed file to you if that would help.

This is URGENT since it means no customers can complete transactions right now! Thank you in advance for your help!!

This is URGENT since it means no customers can complete transactions right now! Thank you in advance for your help!!

I uploaded the old version of includes/classes/shopping_cart.php temporarily (as it was before I changed for QPBPP) and the Paypal works now. So the problem is definitely in that file. I'm going to go through it again with Araxis Merge, but could still use some guidance as to which lines would cause such a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently changes hosting companys, and i uploaded all the saved database and ftp files to my new server, and everything is as it was.

Except the Quantity price breaks is not working,

It does not give discounts when you order over a certain amount as it should do.

When i go into shopping cart it gives the full price without the discount.

What do i need to do ?

Paul,

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for this nice contribution

I really would like to install "Quantity Price Breaks" with some contribution allowing to have the products in columns in the product listing. I tried with :Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051 and with Product Listing in Columns http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/112. But the product_listing.php is to modified for me to adapt it.

I have seen that in the last version of Column Product Listing for SPPC and QPBPP v1.4 it is possible.

Has someone a clue? Or done it? What other solution do I have?

Please help

Thank you

I really would like to install "Quantity Price Breaks" with some contribution allowing to have the products in columns in the product listing. I tried with :Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051 and with Product Listing in Columns http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/112. But the product_listing.php is to modified for me to adapt it.

I have seen that in the last version of Column Product Listing for SPPC and QPBPP v1.4 it is possible.

Has someone a clue? Or done it? What other solution do I have?

For the functionality of Quantity Price Breaks you do not need to change the product listing unless you want to show price breaks there. So if you can live without that you can just use the product listing you like.

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any way to modify this contribution to enable someone to assign the same price break level to multiple products.

For example, I have a store that has 100 products, all of which are the same price. I want to set up quantity price break levels for these products, but I do not want to have to go into each product individually and set up the price break levels. I want to be able to assign the exact same price break level set up to all 100 products at the same time.

Does anyone know if this is possible or what it would take to have this type of functionality? Has it been done before?

Thanks!

Warm Regards,

Devin

lewisqic