• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity Price Breaks

jpweber

if i update my shopping cart ( changing quality or delete an article) i get this error:

Warning: Illegal offset type in ......./includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 203

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in .......//includes/application_top.php on line 378

can you help me ?

shopping_cart.php on line 203:

if (isset($this->contents[$products_id])) {

application_top.php on line 378:

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) + $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_quantity'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']);

Edited by croy

if i update my shopping cart ( changing quality or delete an article) i get this error:

Warning: Illegal offset type in ......./includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 203

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in .......//includes/application_top.php on line 378

Never seen this error myself, mentioned once or twice but no idea what caused it. Those lines are pretty much standard osC.

You might want to trouble shoot it first by looking at the variables in the POST array. So on catalog/shipping_cart.php you add somewhere (or in the footer, in between PHP tags of course):

echo '<pre>Post variables:<br />';
print_r($_POST);
echo '</pre>';

Perhaps that gives a clue.

Is it perhaps an indication of a "register globals off" issue? In that case download RC2a and find oscommerce-2.2rc2a/extras/upgrade-22rc1.html, [iMPROVEMENT] register_globals Compatibility for PHP 4.3+ Servers and add that. Plus [AC] Improve register_globals compatibility layer in the oscommerce-2.2rc2a/upgrade.html

I have an identical problem, price breaks not there when subsequently editing products. I have checked categories.php and it has the above code at line 463, is this the correct place for it , could there be another reason for loosing the price level and quantity data. (the quantity block data is intact)

Thanks Giles

As per Martin (original poster of this problem) I had editted out the elseif-clause 2 lines above , I have it working now

Giles

• 2 weeks later...

Hello OS'ers,

In the screenshot in this Quantity prce break contri I see a quantity box above the ''add to cart'' button.

Can anyone tell me exactly which quantity box contri this is?

Thanks already

Is it:

Minimum Order Quantity Per Product by Cormac Bracken

or

Min Order Quantity by David Latham

or

Minimum Product Quantity with Admin by Mark Rickert

None of the above. Just a box where you can enter the quantity.

The quantity box that i see in the screenshot of yours is alread included in the contribution?

Thats 1 question.

THen i have another question:

Which of the following 3 contributions can be used best with your contribution?

Minimum Order Quantity Per Product by Cormac Bracken

or

Min Order Quantity by David Latham

or

Minimum Product Quantity with Admin by Mark Rickert

Thanks Janz

THen i have another question:

Which of the following 3 contributions can be used best with your contribution?

I wouldn't know, don't know them by heart. It is not my contribution by the way.

Anyway, for any of them to work you would have to make serious changes to their code. QPBPP is rather interfering with that.

Hello this might be already answered , when i put a price at the oscommerce ej 20 with out any tax , the price goes automaticallyat the preview screen 22,07 €, i put no other cuantities breaks ...

I have euro as default currency , deleted dollar, and i defined 3 diferents taxes although this happens when i put a tax and when i dont put it.

Thanks in advance

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem

Hi

I have installed a "product quantity dropdown" on my product_info.php. I need also to install a suitable Quantity Price Break solution aswell. But instead of having a chart on the page stating the various price changes that vary with quantity, I want the displayed price to change when a customer selects a new quantity.

e.g. quantity 1, price displayed £10

quantity 2, price displayed £19

quantity 3, price displayed £28

Anyone done anything similar using Javascript or AJAX?

I appreciate any help

I have this contribution installed. Currently it only counts the number of a single product, but could it count the products price break category and give a discount if the user has enough of those types of items in their cart?

Basically I have 10 different products that can all add up to 100 to get the price break (20 of this one, 20 of that, 60 of another). Could this code be modified to do this? Has anyone done this and if so could you show me how?

I have this contribution installed. Currently it only counts the number of a single product, but could it count the products price break category and give a discount if the user has enough of those types of items in their cart?

Basically I have 10 different products that can all add up to 100 to get the price break (20 of this one, 20 of that, 60 of another). Could this code be modified to do this? Has anyone done this and if so could you show me how?

You don't need to modify anything. When those 10 different products are assigned to the same discount category it will do what you describe here. At least it should :)

You don't need to modify anything. When those 10 different products are assigned to the same discount category it will do what you describe here. At least it should :)

Jan can you somehow send me your modified files, like categories.php, product_info.php, general.php? All of them would be great. I think I have a syntax error or something. It just won't work with multiples, even though I have the categories setup right. Can you think of anything that would cause that?

Jan can you somehow send me your modified files, like categories.php, product_info.php, general.php? All of them would be great. I think I have a syntax error or something. It just won't work with multiples, even though I have the categories setup right. Can you think of anything that would cause that?

No, not really. All modified files changed by QPBPP are in the download package of 1.3.4. You can check at least if all the product do get set to the right discount category if you echo the cart and/or PriceFormatterStore in for example the footer:

echo '<pre>';
print_r($pfs); // or print_r($cart);
echo '</pre>';

No, not really. All modified files changed by QPBPP are in the download package of 1.3.4. You can check at least if all the product do get set to the right discount category if you echo the cart and/or PriceFormatterStore in for example the footer:

echo '<pre>';
print_r($pfs); // or print_r($cart);
echo '</pre>';

Ok I tried comparing to what was in the folders. Here's what's happening. The first time ordering 2 or 3 products it works on the final checkout price page, but not on the cart page. If I return to cart from there the discounts will be shown, unless I update quantity or add another product. Very frustrating.

I use the multi products contribution, because I needed to add more than one product from category pages. Do you know what would cause such a problem?

I use the multi products contribution, because I needed to add more than one product from category pages. Do you know what would cause such a problem?

No clue really. I don't know the multi products contribution but possibly the price is wrong the first time you get to see the cart (don't think so but I might be wrong) if it adds several products at once to the cart.

However, on updating a quantity the code should be aware of all the products in the cart at that time so it should be working fine then.

Hi

I have just installed the QPBPP_v1_3_5 and now am having problems with my multiple images it is a very similar problem to the minor error reported on 6 - 7th of sept .....otherwise when you EDIT an existing product with price break, the existing price break will be gone .......)

Well I corrected that, is working fine now but when I now go to edit my product my images are gone except for the first small image, I have went over the category file twice now and can not see my mistake and was just wondering if anybody has experienced a similar problem I have a pretty big category file with a few extra mods so it is very possible the mistake is mine but because of the similarities to the price break bug I thought I would ask???? ( my image contribution is UltraPics

: MaxiDVD )

Thanks John

that is, the following line should not be delete

} elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Hi

I have just installed the QPBPP_v1_3_5 and now am having problems with my multiple images it is a very similar problem to the minor error reported on 6 - 7th of sept .....otherwise when you EDIT an existing product with price break, the existing price break will be gone .......)

Well I corrected that, is working fine now but when I now go to edit my product my images are gone except for the first small image, I have went over the category file twice now and can not see my mistake and was just wondering if anybody has experienced a similar problem I have a pretty big category file with a few extra mods so it is very possible the mistake is mine but because of the similarities to the price break bug I thought I would ask???? ( my image contribution is UltraPics

: MaxiDVD )

Thanks John

that is, the following line should not be delete

} elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

SORRY

Was a false alarm I missed one line of code in the category.php working perfectly now fantastic contribution the perfect bridge between my retail shop and my sppc wholesale shop. :blink:

hartelijk dank

John

Hi

Just found what I suppose is a conflict with another contribution product listing in columns just thought I'd post in case anybody else has a similar problem. I have the contribution AllProducts_V_4.4 installed and product listing in columns after installing QPBPP the view all products ceased to function the problem being in /catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

at the begining we have the the

// BOF qpbpp

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);

// EOF qpbpp

This is renamed in filename.php by the contribution Product Listing in Columns to

define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING', 'product_listing_col.php');

The result being that instead of /includes/languages/english/product_listing.php being called

the product_listing_col.php was being called resulting in an error

My answer was to rename the above in /catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php to.....

// BOF qpbpp

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING1);

// EOF qpbpp

and add to /includes/filename.php

define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING1', 'product_listing.php');

I hope this is correct but it seems to be working for me.

John

Edited by joli1811

Hi,

How to make your price break number field to act as a percentage number meaning discount in % ? And the output in the catalog table would be Product price minus % enterted in the input fields of price breaks. This would avoid manual price break corrections if you have set up automatic price updates from some 3rd party system. Specialy if the data base is big.

Anyone tried yet ?

Thanks for some hints

Hi,

How to make your price break number field to act as a percentage number meaning discount in % ? And the output in the catalog table would be Product price minus % enterted in the input fields of price breaks. This would avoid manual price break corrections if you have set up automatic price updates from some 3rd party system. Specialy if the data base is big.

Anyone tried yet ?

Thanks for some hints

Hi, all! I'm a newbie and had osCommerce 2.2 RC1 installed, only it does not do quantity pricing like I want (i.e., Buy 1-2 @$10; 3-4 @ $8; 5+ @ $6). It appears that the QPBPP is what I need. Does anyone have a web site that uses this that I could take a look at? Thanks!

Hi, all! I'm a newbie and had osCommerce 2.2 RC1 installed, only it does not do quantity pricing like I want (i.e., Buy 1-2 @$10; 3-4 @ $8; 5+ @ $6). It appears that the QPBPP is what I need. Does anyone have a web site that uses this that I could take a look at? Thanks!

Hi,

You can see fresh working install here : www.ebax.si/eshop1

The item with table discount : http://www.ebax.si/eshop1/product_info.php...;products_id=12

This is my testting address and will be gone eventualy ... in time ...

How to make your price break number field to act as a percentage number meaning discount in % ?

That all depends on the way you set up your products. There is no general answer to be given here. Too specific (discounts per number of product may vary also from product to product).

But if you want to use say -10% in an input field instead of entering the price you could take a look at the code in Admin Specials by Categories by Carine Bruyndoncx.

Hi guys!

I´ve just installed Quantity Price Breaks Per Product v1_3_3 but it doesnt work.

The admin side is ok but when i want to buy, press the buttons buy , but then the next page is bad there is no button to continue shopping nor the right column.

i think is the problem is in includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

http://mywirelessequipment.com/product_inf...l5b85v5fmnqjh92

Please any suggestion

Thanks,

Luz MAria