• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity Price Breaks

jpweber

• 3 weeks later...
It worked! It worked! I'm so happy...thank you so much!!

Hi guys this is really great contribution.

As this contribution works on minimum quantity i am not able to remove the product when it is added to cart.It always show one even if you try to remove the product.

Can anyone please help me?

Hi guys this is really great contribution.

As this contribution works on minimum quantity i am not able to remove the product when it is added to cart.It always show one even if you try to remove the product.

You are talking nonsense.

Proof: look in includes/application_top.php starts around line 336:

switch ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) {
  // customer wants to update the product quantity in their shopping cart
  case 'update_product' : for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']); $i<$n; $i++) {
							if (in_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i], (is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_delete']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['cart_delete'] : array()))) {
							  $cart->remove($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i]);

Before any minimum quantity things is done, products that had their check_box ticked for deletion are removed. If you think that osC or this contribution removes a product when you enter a amount of zero you are dearly mistaken. Standard osC or this contribution doesn't work like that. I think there is another contribution for it, but I don't know which one.

Hello All,

I installed QPBPP_v1_2_3. As a complete newbie it took me several days. Now I finally have it working, however now my background, colors, lines etc have disappeared, both in my admin and actual website. I have tried and tried, but I can not figure out where to go to fix this.

If some of the more experienced could please help me out a little , I would appreciate it. I am sure it is something simple...... :huh:

Thank you all!

Chantal

I installed QPBPP_v1_2_3. As a complete newbie it took me several days.

Interesting. There are only a few changes to the code, so 15 minutes would be more appropriate...

Now I finally have it working, however now my background, colors, lines etc have disappeared, both in my admin and actual website. I have tried and tried, but I can not figure out where to go to fix this.

Well, if you look in the source of the page you find that the stylesheet.css it references to is on a very strange place. Probably it works fine on your PC. Did you use a PHP editor, something like Dreamweaver?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../../../Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/QPBPP_v1_2_3/QPBPP_v1_2_3/catalog/stylesheet.css">

It should be <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">. So get back to index.php and change it, upload the corrected file and it should be fine again.

• 4 weeks later...
For Anyone who wants it:

This is a code snipplet I put together for a switch of the discounts table:

(This example ius taken from my Clients' site which only has 5 level of discount...you can copy & paste the <TR> from level 5 on for the additional discounts...

essentially if the product has discounts, the table will show, if not, a nice message appears...

THE CODE:

<?php if ($product_info['products_price1'] == '0.0000'){

echo '<tr><td colspan="3"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td colspan="3" bgcolor="#D9CFAB" align="center"><span class="style1">'. $product_info['products_name'].' does not have quantity discounts.</span></td>

</tr>

</table>';

}else{

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="3" >

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td colspan="3" bgcolor="#D9CFAB"><span class="style1">Quantity Discounts by Case </span></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="3" ><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td width="47%" bgcolor="823b3b" class="style1"><span class="style2">Case Quantity: </span></td>

<td width="3%" bgcolor="823b3b" class="style2"> </td>

<td width="50%" align="right" valign="top" bgcolor="823b3b" class="style1"><span class="style2">Price:</span></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><span class="style1">2-4 Cases: </span></td>

<td> </td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><?php //echo $product_info['products_price1'];

echo $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price1'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']))?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><span class="style1">5-9 Cases: </span></td>

<td> </td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><?php //echo $product_info['products_price2'];

echo $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price2'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']))?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><span class="style1">10-14 Cases: </span></td>

<td> </td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><?php //echo $product_info['products_price3'];

echo $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price3'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']))?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><span class="style1">15-19 Cases: </span></td>

<td> </td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><?php //echo $product_info['products_price4'];

echo $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price4'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']))?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#ECE9D8"><span class="style1">20 Cases or More: </span></td>

<td bgcolor="#ECE9D8"> </td>

<td align="right" valign="top" bgcolor="#ECE9D8"><?php //echo $product_info['products_price5'];

echo $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price5'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']))?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php }?>

END THE CODE

Where exactly would you insert this code? Can I see your clients website to look at the table in action?

Do or Do Not, there is no try.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

when i install the cotrib in a new install of oscommerce i got the following anouncement:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

Please help!

when i install the cotrib in a new install of oscommerce i got the following anouncement:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

I assume you used the file application_top.php in the package instead of adding the few changes manually to your own application_top.php? QPBPP has the "old" application_top in the package. Because of the register_globals support added to RC1 there was a change in that file. So go back to your original file and make the changes manually (a file comparsion program is handy too).

I assume you used the file application_top.php in the package instead of adding the few changes manually to your own application_top.php? QPBPP has the "old" application_top in the package. Because of the register_globals support added to RC1 there was a change in that file. So go back to your original file and make the changes manually (a file comparsion program is handy too).

Thank you, it works. I already solved the problem with a php.ini file, but i think this is the better way.

Hello,

i would like to have an minium order quantity, is that possible?

The shop sells printed cups. The price would be begin with 0.06867, better would it be if it would be possible to have prices for 1000 pcs.

Example:

10.000 pcs price per 1000 68.67

25.000 pcs price per 1000 51.25

etc.

Is there a contrib what makes this possible.

Thank you!

Edited by goliat

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently setting up a Photography store(mostly wedding photos)

I however need to have PBPP so that it looks at all attributes. Let me explain.

I have a products such as picutre1, picture2, picture3.

each one has the same attribute selections, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10 wallets.

These attributes are what determines the picture cost.

4x6 prices are $6 for qty 1-9

for qty 10 and more price is half at $3.

I would like this to work so that if they order any combination of pictures the price would change.

example:

order picture1 - 4x6 - qty 5 (normal = $30)(discounted prices should be ($15)

order picture2 - 4x6 - qty 5 (normal = $30)(discounted prices should be ($15)

prices are $6 for qty 1-9

i need the shopping cart to look and group all 4x6 for prices cuts rather than just product id.

I am not really sure where/how to get started on this any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

I would like this to work so that if they order any combination of pictures the price would change.

example:

order picture1 - 4x6 - qty 5 (normal = $30)(discounted prices should be ($15)

order picture2 - 4x6 - qty 5 (normal = $30)(discounted prices should be ($15)

prices are $6 for qty 1-9

i need the shopping cart to look and group all 4x6 for prices cuts rather than just product id.

I am not really sure where/how to get started on this any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

That sounds like a whole new contribution to me. I have tinkered with something like that. I think you can still find it in the QPBPP for SPPC, version 1.02 where I called it "price break per category". That is flawed (a product can be in more than one category, never realized that) but you might use it to assign a "price break category" to a product when it has a certain attribute. That might do it.

Hi,

I installed Quantity Price Breaks v1.2.3 and found it very useful for certain items. Installation was very smooth. Kudos to the contributors.

I have one issue and have not been able to find the answer in the thread. in fact, it says that it is supposed to check for quantity against stock, but I am finding that it doesn't. Most of my items are one of a kind and I enter 1 in the stock field. But when I test it, I find that it allows me to order more than is available in stock. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, I would like to discount items by category (buy 2 items of one category get one free, or volumne discount, spend so much on certain category and get a discount). Most contribs don't do this and the one that does, Category Discount MC, isn't complete and there doesn't seem to be any support for it.

Does anyone know of anything that will work with QPBPP?

Thanks very much,

Carol Ann Johnson

I have one issue and have not been able to find the answer in the thread. in fact, it says that it is supposed to check for quantity against stock, but I am finding that it doesn't.

Actually it doesn't say that. I guess you refer to the readme.txt that says:

- added instructions to change the function tep_get_stock to take advantage of PriceFormatterStore (instead of using 1 query per product in catalog/shopping_cart.php)
Most of my items are one of a kind and I enter 1 in the stock field. But when I test it, I find that it allows me to order more than is available in stock. Is there any way to fix this?

That is a setting in the admin. When you go to Configuration->Stock you will see the variable for Allow Checkout. If you set it to false it will not let you checkout with that quantity.

Also, I would like to discount items by category (buy 2 items of one category get one free, or volumne discount, spend so much on certain category and get a discount).

That is something that can be coded, if only I had the time.

Hello,

i would like to have an minium order quantity, is that possible?

The shop sells printed cups. The price would be begin with 0.06867, better would it be if it would be possible to have prices for 1000 pcs.

Example:

10.000 pcs price per 1000 68.67

25.000 pcs price per 1000 51.25

etc.

Is there a contrib what makes this possible.

Thank you!

Hi, I am looking for an answer to this question also. Anyone know how to do this within QBPP? Thanks for the help!

Hi, I am looking for an answer to this question also. Anyone know how to do this within QBPP? Thanks for the help!

Not that I know but there are actually two questions in there:

is is possible to have a minimum order quantity and

is it possible to set a price for 1000 pieces instead of per piece

What is your question?

In QPBPP you can set a quantity block (so only buy by dozens for example).

Not that I know but there are actually two questions in there:

is is possible to have a minimum order quantity and

is it possible to set a price for 1000 pieces instead of per piece

What is your question?

In QPBPP you can set a quantity block (so only buy by dozens for example).

Thanks for your reply Jan. Sorry bout that. I did set the quantity block to 1000, that works ok. In my business, items are priced per 1000. Say the price is $40 per 1000. I don't want the unit price of .04 shown. I want the price of $40 shown. However, if my price is 40 and they enter a quantity of 1000, the price displays $40,000. I want it to display $40 of course.

I'm sure this is possible, but not sure what code to change.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

In my business, items are priced per 1000. Say the price is $40 per 1000. I don't want the unit price of .04 shown. I want the price of $40 shown. However, if my price is 40 and they enter a quantity of 1000, the price displays $40,000. I want it to display $40 of course.

I'm sure this is possible, but not sure what code to change.

Me neither. Other than changing the product and making one unit of sale 1,000 pieces I have no immediate idea how this can be changed quickly. Perhaps involving the quantity block in the function getPriceString in PriceFormatter.php?

Me neither. Other than changing the product and making one unit of sale 1,000 pieces I have no immediate idea how this can be changed quickly. Perhaps involving the quantity block in the function getPriceString in PriceFormatter.php?

I see. I think for the time being I will do as you suggested, make 1 unit of sale = 1000 pieces. I'll make sure to explain to customer that when entering the quantity, to enter 1 for 1000 pieces. So my price table displays correctly, I will display my own custom price table and remove the one that PriceFormatter.php displays.

I appreciate your prompt reply!

I see. I think for the time being I will do as you suggested, make 1 unit of sale = 1000 pieces. I'll make sure to explain to customer that when entering the quantity, to enter 1 for 1000 pieces. So my price table displays correctly, I will display my own custom price table and remove the one that PriceFormatter.php displays.

I appreciate your prompt reply!

Just realized this will not solve my problem for quantities of 2500, as customer can't enter 2.5, etc. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Just realized this will not solve my problem for quantities of 2500, as customer can't enter 2.5, etc. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Hi Steve,

iam still looking to solve the problem we have, will you place a message here when you have any idea, i will do the same.

Mitch

Hi Steve,

iam still looking to solve the problem we have, will you place a message here when you have any idea, i will do the same.

Mitch

I will definitely do that Mitch. What I am doing is not offering 2500, just 1000, 2000, etc. I'm making 1 unit = 1000 pieces.

A short term fix. In meantime, I hope someone might post a solution for us! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have installed this great contribution on a modified store, plus i added several contribs after installing it and it worked fine.

Now, when installing the "Product Attrib- Option Type Feature" contribution it shows me the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method shoppingCart::get_product_id_list() in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\PriceFormatterStore.php on line 22

this is currently tested on my local server.

it is only happening when adding the includes\classes\shopping_cart.php from the OTF contrib.

I have tried to isolate the problem but no success.

Would love to hear your opinion and help.

Thanks,

Sharon

Installed contributions:

Ultimate_SEO, Article Manager 1.5, Dynamic SiteMap 2.0, Infopages, Google SiteMap XMl w/admin 2.1, HeaderTagControler 2.6.1, FCKosc 2.21, X-sell 2.3, Google Analytics Modul, All Products, Page Cache 1.5, EasyPopulate2.7d, Multi Product Manager 2.5, Define Main Page, and probably few others...