• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

RadioFreq

I am getting the following error message using the USPS module: "An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner." I have the correct zip set in admin packaging and shipping. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Patrick Parks

Hi this is my first post, I have the same problem as you, I am using the 2.8ms version.

I have a usps user name, zip code, already entered under the admin, and for password you can enter anything as stated by usps. Thus, when testing checkout. I get the following error:

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

Atleast I know i am not the only one getting this message.

Please help us.

Edited by tanle10

i am getting the same thing as well. I think it has something to do with the user info i put in shipping module.

I also am getting the same error. According to the USPS they donot require a login and password to send shipping information. However the module does.

All we are supposed to need is the webtool user id... they say this has been in effect for 2 years... is this shipping module that outdated?

"Every time I idiot proof something... The world comes out with a better idiot"

Ok guys the fix is finally here! You will need to either call the number below or send an e-mail to the e-mail address below to ACTIVATE the account. You will need your account login info that was e-mailed to you to do this. The hours for the phone support are 7:00AM to 11:00PM Eastern Time. The phone number, hours and e-mail address were all included in the e-mail with your user name. It would have been nice if they would have stated in the e-mail that the account had to first be activated. There is no reason to test the module, according to USPS OS COmmerce is the #1 shopping cart using their module and has been tested thouroughly allready and is only need with developers making their own custom API. I hope this helps everyone out as I know that this has been driving me insane. Good Luck, Happy coding!

Patrick Parks

E-mail: [email protected]

Telephone: 1-800-344-7779

Edited by RadioFreq

Ok guys the fix is finally here! You will need to either call the number below or send an e-mail to the e-mail address below to ACTIVATE the account. You will need your account login info that was e-mailed to you to do this. The hours for the phone support are 7:00AM to 11:00PM Eastern Time. The phone number, hours and e-mail address were all included in the e-mail with your user name. It would have been nice if they would have stated in the e-mail that the account had to first be activated. There is no reason to test the module, according to USPS OS COmmerce is the #1 shopping cart using their module and has been tested thouroughly allready and is only need with developers making their own custom API. I hope this helps everyone out as I know that this has been driving me insane. Good Luck, Happy coding!

Patrick Parks

E-mail: [email protected]

Telephone: 1-800-344-7779

I also found out from USPS that they no longer need a password, so just put your USPS ID in the password field.

I also found out from USPS that they no longer need a password, so just put your USPS ID in the password field.

Not sure if putting your user id in the password field works, but they told me to leave it blank, and I know that works. Thanks!

Patrick Parks

• 4 weeks later...

This module looks like the one i need. The only problem im having is I cant update any of the fields. Im using a clean install of oscommerce-2.2Ms2-060817. My catalog fields update fine and works good. Users can create accounts and login ok to. Table rates dont update. It seems like nothing works in the shippling modules

I contacted USPS webtools and they guided me through it no problem they emailed me the ID code and placed in the ID area and left the passowrd to NONE it works.

My problem is that I use it for INTERNATIONAL only. It works as long as its not Guam, Marshall Islands, Puerto Rico, American Samoa these places have US zip codes some are us possessions and some used to be but still have us zip codes so the ZONE is United States and will not price USPS if you set it to INTERNATIONAL which mine is. Try to change it to US outlying Islands but then USPS and UPS won't price. Set the ZONE to there actual location MARSHALL ISLANDS and UPS will price but USPS won't. Set Zone to none then it prices because it will price US domestic also which I don't want.

Thats my problem

Dan

• 11 months later...
I contacted USPS webtools and they guided me through it no problem they emailed me the ID code and placed in the ID area and left the passowrd to NONE it works.

My problem is that I use it for INTERNATIONAL only. It works as long as its not Guam, Marshall Islands, Puerto Rico, American Samoa these places have US zip codes some are us possessions and some used to be but still have us zip codes so the ZONE is United States and will not price USPS if you set it to INTERNATIONAL which mine is. Try to change it to US outlying Islands but then USPS and UPS won't price. Set the ZONE to there actual location MARSHALL ISLANDS and UPS will price but USPS won't. Set Zone to none then it prices because it will price US domestic also which I don't want.

Thats my problem

Dan

I'm having the same problem. If my customers select Puerto Rico or Virgin Islands (US) or a few others as the country, they get a UPS quote, but USPS errors out. If They select United States as the Country and put PR in the State then UPS errors out and USPS gives a quote. Has anyone figured out a way to Get both UPS and USPS to give quotes for these US territories? Right now I am looking at the code in the USPS files and seeing if there is some way for me to change it so that when Puerto Rico is selected then USPS thinks United States is selected. Not sure if it's possible, so if anyone has a solution to this problem I am all Ears!

Thank you,

David Henderson

I went thru the same issue and also resolved it by switching over to production server. At first when I notified USPS that I wanted to switch, they said "no" because they did not see any "test" requests generated from our userID. Somehow, they switched us anyway and the error message went away....

My other question is -- in the admin portion of your USPS modules, in addition to the fields where you enter your userID, are there also fields or maybe check boxes to select which type of USPS shipping methods you want to offer? I am told there should be something like that, but ours does not display anything of the sort.

If we want to offer ONLY priority mail, is there a SIMPLE solution that doesn't involve dealing with more modules?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Hello, I am also having this issue with a clean install that just took place in the past few days. I have emailed USPS and tried calling them. No response to my emails and no answers to my calls. Is this still the method to activate the module? My store is just about ready to go live but I can't get the shipping to work.

The Version I have installed is: osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1

Edited by DennisAyotte

USPS contacted me today and the module is now active.

When testing a transaction the only option (not selectable) is Library Mail.

How do I enable all the variable USPS types of delivery options?

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure what's going on in these forums but it seems like there is little support going on.

It appears the the USPS Module is corrupt or missing code or something. Last night I upgraded the module manually and was able to solve the issue I was having. All looks good now.