• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do you remove references to tax in the invoice?

philip56

Hi.

I am located in the UK and as a new shop with a small turnover do not need to charge tax. To keep the taxman happy, I have to remove all references to tax from the customer visible parts of my site.

I have removed all references to tax in the tax section of the admin panel and managed to edit the word "Tax" out of admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php, but I am left with "0%" on the invoice.

Can anyone advise where I need to go to get rid of that?

Many thanks in advance.

Philip

• 1 year later...
Hi.

I am located in the UK and as a new shop with a small turnover do not need to charge tax. To keep the taxman happy, I have to remove all references to tax from the customer visible parts of my site.

I have removed all references to tax in the tax section of the admin panel and managed to edit the word "Tax" out of admin/includes/languages/english/invoice.php, but I am left with "0%" on the invoice.

Can anyone advise where I need to go to get rid of that?

Many thanks in advance.

Philip

I am in the same position, commented out the Tax heading but I am still left with 0% showing. Please can somebody help us out here

Thanks

I have finally figured it out after hours of searching the internet!!!! It seemed like the holy grail to me!

Comment out as below at around line 118 in catalog/admin/invoice.php

echo ' <td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top">' . //tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "\n" .

that should remove the 0% displayed on the invoice

now comment out as below on line 96

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php //echo TABLE_HEADING_TAX; ?></td>

works for me.

I have finally figured it out after hours of searching the internet!!!! It seemed like the holy grail to me!

Comment out as below at around line 118 in catalog/admin/invoice.php

that should remove the 0% displayed on the invoice

now comment out as below on line 96

works for me.

Hi Steven

At last this question has been answered. Thank you.

I have done as you said, which has removed the Tax coloumn header & 0% below. It has also removed the headers for te Tax (Ex) etc & I have reworded the other columns, BUT I still have the amounts in the columns below the Tax (Ex)

How do I remove these too please?

Thanks

Julie

Hi

Please could someone tell me how to comment out the amounts that appear below the Tax headers that I have commented out please?

Here is my /admin/invoice.php

<?php
/*
 $Id: invoice.php,v 1.6 2003/06/20 00:37:30 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);
 $orders_query = tep_db_query("select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
 $order = new order($oID);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<!-- body_text //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
 <tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS); ?></td>
	<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce', '204', '50'); ?></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
	<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator(); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_SOLD_TO; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->customer['format_id'], $order->customer, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '5'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo $order->customer['telephone']; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="mailto:' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '"><u>' . $order->customer['email_address'] . '</u></a>'; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
	<td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_SHIP_TO; ?></b></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_address_format($order->delivery['format_id'], $order->delivery, 1, '', '<br>'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
	<td class="main"><b><?php echo ENTRY_PAYMENT_METHOD; ?></b></td>
	<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" colspan="2"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS; ?></td>
	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php //echo TABLE_HEADING_TAX; ?></td>
	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php //echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php //echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
  </tr>
<?php
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->products); $i < $n; $i++) {
  echo '	  <tr class="dataTableRow">' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="right">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes']) && (($k = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) > 0)) {
	for ($j = 0; $j < $k; $j++) {
	  echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];
	  if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';
	  echo '</i></small></nobr>';
	}
  }

echo '		</td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n";
  echo '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top">' . //tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n";
  echo '	  </tr>' . "\n";
}
?>
  <tr>
	<td align="right" colspan="8"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<?php
 for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {
echo '		  <tr>' . "\n" .
	 '			<td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['title'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
	 '			<td align="right" class="smallText">' . $order->totals[$i]['text'] . '</td>' . "\n" .
	 '		  </tr>' . "\n";
 }
?>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Thanks

Julie

Hi Leslie

I have the totals set to false & the amounts are still showing?

Thanks

julie

What if you also also set Display prices with tax to false in admin configuration my store, or just do not set a tax zone?

What if you also also set Display prices with tax to false in admin configuration my store, or just do not set a tax zone?

In admin>Localisations/Taxes>Tax Zones is blank

In admin>Localisations/Taxes>Tax Classes>Taxable Goods

In admin>Localisations/Taxes>Tax Classes>Tax Rates>0%

In admin>Modules>Order Totals>Sub Total, Points, Shipping, Total ie tried with Tax False & disabled.

I placed another order & the tax values are still showing in the columns, but not the headers for those columns.

Is it something to do with the code calling them from the database? I cannot see the code (in english) to find where this code is? I could possibly comment it out then?

Thanks for helping me.

Julie

In admin>Modules>Order Totals>Sub Total, Points, Shipping, Total ie tried with Tax False & disabled.

Julie

Does tax have a sort order, or is sort order blank? Or is tax deleted?

Edited by Coopco

I tried it set to false, so not sort number appears & also used the delete button, which puts it back to the Install button & again no sort order shows.

Does tax show on new orders or only existing oders?

I don't understand why it is still shoing figures. You have taken out the table headings. In the html area of the page

you can use <?php // what you want out

?>

or <!-- what you want to comment out //-->

I don't understand why it is still shoing figures. You have taken out the table headings. In the html area of the page

you can use <?php // what you want out

?>

or <!-- what you want to comment out //-->

I'm guessing it's in this part of the code, but that is as far as I can understand.

<?php
for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->products); $i < $n; $i++) {
  echo '	  <tr class="dataTableRow">' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top" align="right">' . $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x</td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['name'];

if (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes']) && (($k = sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) > 0)) {
	for ($j = 0; $j < $k; $j++) {
	  echo '<br><nobr><small> <i> - ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];
	  if ($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';
	  echo '</i></small></nobr>';
	}
  }

echo '		</td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n";
  echo '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top">' . //tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . '%</td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n" .
	   '		<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><b>' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']) * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b></td>' . "\n";
  echo '	  </tr>' . "\n";
}
?>

You can see I've commented out this which has solved the Tax column, but I do not which code would solve the other two columns?

Thanks

Julie

// will only comment out code in the php area, you want it commented out in the html.

Hi

The // worked here:

//tep_display_tax_value

but I do not know which of the lines after correspond to those columns & how to comment them out, ie where to place either // or <-- //-->

Normally I would work my way through the lines & see which // worked but this code is not familular.

Thanks

Julie