• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advice is very welcomed

Mr.Sundy

Hi all

Just about finished this website for my father in law http://www.ectoys.co.uk/catalog/.

Its getting hits but, so far, no sales. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Plenty of constructive critisism please on design, layout, stucture, everything. In particular the checkout process and info pages.

This is my first online store so when i say critisism please be gentle.

Thanks a lot.

------------------------------------

Link Edit to point to online store

Andrew

Hi all

Just about finished this website for my father in law http://www.ectoys.co.uk/catalog/.

Its getting hits but, so far, no sales. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Plenty of constructive critisism please on design, layout, stucture, everything. In particular the checkout process and info pages.

This is my first online store so when i say critisism please be gentle.

Thanks a lot.

------------------------------------

Link Edit to point to online store

Andrew

In my opinion, the color scheme is way too confusing, and could potentially cause a seizure is some. Just way too busy. The font looks blurry. Doesn't create any sense that I am dealing with a professional in their field. I'd eliminate most of the colors, and focus on the credibility of the store and the people running it. The about us page should include pics of the store and address, and if you have a brick & mortar store why not include the phone #?

I agree, way too much pink. I understand you want the toy theme look buy my goodness. I suggest reducing the power of the info boxes and emphasize your attention on the header logo and the center box.

I would add script to "center the store". It worked nicely for my store and made it a fixed width and centered for an 800x600 screen size. So for larger screen sizes it looks fine also.

Keep plugging!

Steve

I agree with all of the above.

One thing that would probably make an immediate and huge visual improvement would be to have some vertical spacing between the infoboxes, at the moment they are all just running into each other and it's tiring on the eye.

Also lose the date and requests since in the footer, there is no reason for them.

I haven't looked too far into the site because the colours drive me mad to be honest.

Great improvements. You move fast! Looks much better, but the color schemes for the header doesn't match up with the sidebar colors. So there's a disconnect there. But, already looking much more professional. Ditto for the about us page. Just get rid of the big Oscommerce banner at the bottom and you're good to go.

I didn't see the earlier version, but my first impression is that fonts are too big and the product descriptions are too brief. The comic sans font is cute and fits your theme, but I would use it a little less, maybe just in your headings and similar spots...and pick something that complements it to use for the regular page text and links. Maybe if it was just smaller in the infoboxes that would be OK (such as category links, etc). I think you're making good progress, but it all still seeems a little overpowering...to the point where I can hardly notice the products. :huh:

Archived