• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Tabs Contrib layout problem

Now, Personally I am not an Internet Exploder fan, but a majority of pc consumers use this swiss cheese browser and I'd like to cater to them until they are no longer the majority :)

So I installed Product Tabs (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2610/category,all/search,Product+Tabs)

and I have the current version (1.7) setup, and I changed the colors to reflect my store. BUT, in IE, the product descriptions stretch out and overlap my product images! I've tried z-indexing and a couple of other things with no success. I don't know how to resize the product description window, OR at least have it recognize an image to the right of it and adjust it's box size so it will not overlap. The other issue I'm having is getting the Tab part to line up with the product description seemlessly(i can do it by negative margining, but negative margining is not accepted by IE). Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone provide that magic universal coding to fix the layout issue? it'd be greatly appreciated. For any visual examples of my issue, just go to my link(listed in my signature) and view it in Mozilla/Firefox, and then view the same page in IE. You'll see right away(or won't see for that matter) THANKS guys.

Edited by jacenstuff

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

• 1 month later...

I have never gotten this fixed. Hopefully someone well versed in layouts for OSC or just this contrib, can come in and save the day for us. It is really embarassing to have such a flagrant error is display for all customers to see.

p.s. BACKUP!

Managed to find a workaround:) I,m new to this stuff but a bit of trial and erro r never does no arm (as long as you backup)

goto catalog/includes/modules/product_tabs.php

and change the line (number 10 on mine)

from

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="BORDER:none;background:none;">

to

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="auto" style="BORDER:none;background:none;">

this works but the lines under the tabs only stretch as far as the longest line of txt in your description but its much better than the original mess.

• 4 weeks later...

still in the midst of testing this, been really busy. thanks for the help. I can't below i foudn this post MONTHS after you posted it. but this sounds feasible. Oh, have you found a way to have the attributes for products listed within the tab descriptions? thats my next challenge to which i've foudn no answers.

p.s. BACKUP!