• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Extra Field - product list

eaque

Hello everybody

I have installed the contribution Product extra fields who is perfect to do what i want.

It works great, but I can't let the extra fields show in the product_list. I would like to do something like that (http://www.wizardscupboard.com/singles-edition-c-100_3.html)

Someone can help me and i think all community because lot of ppl want to do that ^^

Thanks a lot

Eaque

ps : sorry for my english

• 5 months later...

hi everyone...

i am using Product Extra Fields which is a nice feature, but...

i would love to be able to set more options for each field, such as

* short text

* long text

* radio button

* select list

and not only shorttext as it is now.

do you know is anyone is working on this?

thanks

jacopo

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
hi everyone...

i am using Product Extra Fields which is a nice feature, but...

i would love to be able to set more options for each field, such as

* short text

* long text

* radio button

* select list

and not only shorttext as it is now.

do you know is anyone is working on this?

thanks

jacopo

Hello Jacopo,

You told that you are using product extra fields contribution,

Can you please tell me which version or file you downloaded from the contribution list of Extra Fields contribution..

There are too many versions of that contribution there and i am not able to figure out which one to use.. So i want to know which version file did you downloaded for this..

Please Help me if possible i am really confused for this and i badly need it for my site..

Thanks in advance.. :)

Im stuck trying to install this contribution.

I downloaded the v2_0j

and tried to follow those install instructions which have left me confused. I'm used to making edits to phpbb3 via these text files but this one is just crazy. The start of the edits goes on about if I am upgrading from an older version but I just want to do a full clean install.

I have gone through the steps i can see the boxes appear in the backend but when i enter information and click preview i dont see the boxes and when i click save it dont save anything.

If i go back to the product in backend the information does not show.

can somebody send me plain instructions for a clean install please.

Edited by DirtySnipe

• 1 month later...
Im stuck trying to install this contribution.

I downloaded the v2_0j

and tried to follow those install instructions which have left me confused. I'm used to making edits to phpbb3 via these text files but this one is just crazy. The start of the edits goes on about if I am upgrading from an older version but I just want to do a full clean install.

I have gone through the steps i can see the boxes appear in the backend but when i enter information and click preview i dont see the boxes and when i click save it dont save anything.

If i go back to the product in backend the information does not show.

can somebody send me plain instructions for a clean install please.

I have the same exact problem with the same package mentioned above on rc2a! Does anyone have advice on why the sql is not saving the values for these fields? I started looking in the categories page. Is there a select statement that needs to be modified on admin/categories.php???

thanks!

I have the same exact problem with the same package mentioned above on rc2a! Does anyone have advice on why the sql is not saving the values for these fields? I started looking in the categories page. Is there a select statement that needs to be modified on admin/categories.php???

thanks!

Is this statement right for the installation of this module towards mid bottom of categories.php?

<?php
		// START: Extra Fields Contribution (chapter 1.4)
			  // Sort language by ID  
			  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
				$languages_array[$languages[$i]['id']]=$languages[$i];
			  }
			  $extra_fields_query = tep_db_query("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS . " ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order");
			  while ($extra_fields = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_fields_query)) {
			  // Display language icon or blank space
				if ($extra_fields['languages_id']==0) {
				  $m=tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15');
				} else $m= tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages_array[$extra_fields['languages_id']]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages_array[$extra_fields['languages_id']]['image'], $languages_array[$extra_fields['languages_id']]['name']);
		?>
				  <tr bgcolor="#ebebff">
					<td class="main"><?php echo $extra_fields['products_extra_fields_name']; ?>:</td>
					<td class="main"><?php echo $m . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field("extra_field[".$extra_fields['products_extra_fields_id']."]", $pInfo->extra_field[$extra_fields['products_extra_fields_id']]); ?></td>
				  </tr>
		<?php
		}
		// END: Extra Fields Contribution
		?>

Edited by kenz

I'm doubting thats the issue now. The product field values still show once you preview your product info in the admin. But once you click on the update button, the values disappear. They are not stored in the database either. I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with this piece of code on categories.php....

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

//PRODUCT FIELDS (a) START: Extra Fields Contribution	  
  $products_extra_fields_query = tep_db_query("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS . " WHERE products_id=" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']);
  while ($products_extra_fields = tep_db_fetch_array($products_extra_fields_query)) {
	$extra_field[$products_extra_fields['products_extra_fields_id']] = $products_extra_fields['products_extra_fields_value'];
  }
  $extra_field_array=array('extra_field'=>$extra_field);
  $pInfo->objectInfo($extra_field_array);
   // END: Extra Fields Contribution

or something similar on that preview page section of categories.php?

thanks!

Edited by kenz

I doubled checked my categories.php page was tight and now everything is working the way it should. not sure what i changed though but just tried to make it look like what the instructions required to the best of my abilities. all good here.

• 5 months later...

I doubled checked my categories.php page was tight and now everything is working the way it should. not sure what i changed though but just tried to make it look like what the instructions required to the best of my abilities. all good here.

Hi there, I am having exactly the same problem, and I don't know how it has happened.. I did all changes on categories.php, then did trials,.. all seemed to work fine.. and then, all of the sudden.. the data is not sent to the database.. I can see it in the preview page when I am editing.. but then.. after that, nothing goes to the database...

could you let me see you categories.php file.. to see where I am wrong.. this is really bugging me..

thanks for whatever help you can give me..

amanda.

well. I found it.. if anyone else goes crackers... this is what I missed...

this change is critical.. as there are many "$languages = tep_get_languages();".. you have to make sure you put it where the rest of code appears.. then you won't go wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------

13a) Around line 711 find the section of code that reads as follows:

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']])));

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])));

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']])));

}

Just before the } that closes the for loop INSERT the following:

// begin Extra Product Fields

foreach ($xfields as $f) {

echo tep_draw_hidden_field($f . '[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($extra[$f][$languages[$i]['id']])));

}

// end Extra Product Fields

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Extra Fields in the product listing

I looked at this contrib & much of the code needs to be re-hashed, I can't see the mod for the listing working, ever, as writen.

If you look at Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051 I have added support to that for Product Extra Fields by creating a new function, if you wished that function could be used elsewhere. wink.gif

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I installed extra product fields v3.01 with osc v 2.3.1

But the list came out strangly:

peddlerbooks . net76 . net / catalog/index.php?cPath=22_23&language=en

There is no product name and the extra fields I added. Furthermore,

The "buy now" button came out twice (I disabled one).

Could anyone help me to make it nicer.

Thanks.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

• 10 months later...

How do I have the field transfer to the invoice and order?

For example, I created a field called "Product Size" and one called "Band Size". Ho do I make sure that end up on the invoice and orders?

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible to apply a extra field ONLY to the main category and NOT automaticly apply these also to it's subdirectories?

For example:

If I have a main categorie: "shoes" with 2 sub categories "High" heels and "low heels".

When a visitor clicks and see's the main catagorie shoes, they kan filter by 2 extra fields I have made: color and heel-type.

Now the visitor clicks in the menu on the "high heel" category and see's all the High heel shoes.

But the filter option "Heel types" is also show'n here witch is not necessary here.

How can I change the code that when I apply a extra field to a main categorie it not automaticly applies to it's subcategories?

Kind regards,

Carmelo

Hi Carmelo

For me is not a problem to have all extra fields in all products; then, to solve your / my problem I changed the DB query:

in: admin/categories.php find:

$extra_fields_query = tep_db_query("SELECT *

FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS . " pef

WHERE category_id like '% " . $current_category_id . ",%'

OR category_id=" . $current_category_id . "

OR category_id='all'

OR pef.category_id=(SELECT c.parent_id FROM " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " as c WHERE c.categories_id = " . $current_category_id . ")

ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order");

and change to anything simpler (and wider):

$extra_fields_query = tep_db_query("SELECT * FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS . " ORDER BY products_extra_fields_order");

Cheers

Edited by adelino