• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support for SSL Seal Info Box

dwdonline

• 2 months later...

I am going to answer my own questions just incase anyone has the same problem. If running a custom template you need to add the the line " require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'rapidssl_seal.php');" to the column_left.php file in your template folder.

Also if you just copy the php file to the boxes sub folder of your template you can add it through the infoxbox configure in the admin section of OSC and move it to the correct place on your template. Hope this helps. Thanks for the contribution philip !!

Alex xx

• 3 weeks later...

I can get the box to show up no problem but am having problems getting my pop up window to be correct.... in the instructions it says:

INSTALLATION:

1.in catalog/includes/boxes/rapidssl_seal.php

Find http://businessprofile.geotrust.com/servle...ient?GT19690608 and replace it with your id. You can find this by going to a secure page on your site and viewing the secureity info - in FirFox double-clikc on the little paddlelock at the bottom of the window. It should pop-up a window with Security chosen. Click View - in this window there is a line that says Organizational Unit (OU) - that is the link you want.

After the GT is that my ID number? I used my own number after the GT and put in my own number but get an error. I'm using GEOTRUST.

Thanks,

Nigelman :thumbsup:

As the instructions state i would just goto and https page on your site. Then click the padlock and under more information if should give you the whole link to paste into the script ( you should not need to edit anything - it should just be a cut and paste ? ).

If its not like this i would contact your provider, my seal was provided by Rapid SSL.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Thanks for replying but I still can't get the right link........ I've emailed rappid ssl/geotrust 2 times to no avail about this...........great customer service from their side eh?

Any ways if you can, click on this link and see if you can click on the padlock to find my correct path:

https://www.tsurishopjapan.com/create_account.php

Here's what I have:

CN = www.tsurishopjapan.com

OU = Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL®

OU = See www.rapidssl.com/resources/cps ©06

OU = businessprofile.geotrust.com/get.jsp?GT77703310

O = www.tsurishopjapan.com

C = JP

This is my OU:businessprofile.geotrust.com/get.jsp?GT77703310 but putting that in won't work????

Any help would be great!

Nigelman

• 1 month later...
Thanks for replying but I still can't get the right link........ I've emailed rappid ssl/geotrust 2 times to no avail about this...........great customer service from their side eh?

Any ways if you can, click on this link and see if you can click on the padlock to find my correct path:

https://www.tsurishopjapan.com/create_account.php

Here's what I have:

CN = www.tsurishopjapan.com

OU = Domain Control Validated - RapidSSL®

OU = See www.rapidssl.com/resources/cps ©06

OU = businessprofile.geotrust.com/get.jsp?GT77703310

O = www.tsurishopjapan.com

C = JP

This is my OU:businessprofile.geotrust.com/get.jsp?GT77703310 but putting that in won't work????

Any help would be great!

Nigelman

It looks like you need a CUI or Choicepoint Unique Identifier in order to implement this feature of the Mod. I don't think they are offered with RapidSSL. At least I wasn't registered with Choicepoint when I got my certificate. Not sure what you need to do to register, but I'm looking into it.

Nigelman, I see that your business is now registered with Choicepoint. What did you have to do to register?

Choicepoint is a no go for Geotrust certs. Here's the response I got from Geotrust.

Dear M:

We no longer offer the choicepoint profile with our SSL certificate. The choicepoint feature has been removed from all Geotrust SSL certificate. This is something that we no longer offer and we have not time table on if this will be restored. I have included the e-mail that was sent by the techsupport manager below giving customer information on when the choicepoint profile was removed.

Due to customer feedback, on Saturday November 11th, 2006 GeoTrust will no longer support ChoicePoint profiles for its domain vetted SSL certificates including QuickSSL Premium, Power Server ID, and Power Server ID Wildcard. ChoicePoint functionality in the Smart Seal profile pages and the OU field of the certificate will be removed for all the SSL certificates listed above.

• 10 months later...

For anyone else having fun with RapidSSL cert's, I made the following mod to includes/boxes/rapidssl_seal.php so you may want to give it a try.

<?php
/*
RappidSSL Seal Box

July 27, 2006

Philip N. Deatherage
Deatherage Web Development
"simplifying the web for you and your customers�"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
G Talk: [email protected]
AIM: dwdsupport
MSN: [email protected]
http://www.dwdonline.com
Phone: (865) 686-5498
Cell: (865) 748-9471
Fax: (267) 821-4409
Deatherage Web Development is a division of Deatherage Company

*/
?>
</td>
 </tr>
<?php

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => "Secure");

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<!-- GeoTrust QuickSSL [tm] Smart Icon tag. Do not edit. --><script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="//smarticon.geotrust.com/si.js"></SCRIPT><!-- end GeoTrust Smart Icon tag -->');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
  </td>
</tr>

<!-- rapidssl_seal_eof //-->

cwispy

Edited by cwispy

I also wrapped the line in the column_left.php or column_right.php as follows so it only shows up when the site is loaded in https mode.

// Only show if we are in HTTPS session.
if (isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) && strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS']) == 'on') 
{
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'rapidssl_seal.php');
}

• 3 weeks later...
For anyone else having fun with RapidSSL cert's, I made the following mod to includes/boxes/rapidssl_seal.php so you may want to give it a try.

<?php
/*
RappidSSL Seal Box

July 27, 2006

Philip N. Deatherage
Deatherage Web Development
"simplifying the web for you and your customers�"
G Talk: [email protected]
AIM: dwdsupport
MSN: [email protected]
http://www.dwdonline.com
Phone: (865) 686-5498
Cell: (865) 748-9471
Fax: (267) 821-4409
Deatherage Web Development is a division of Deatherage Company

*/
?>
</td>
 </tr>
<?php

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => "Secure");

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<!-- GeoTrust QuickSSL [tm] Smart Icon tag. Do not edit. --><script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="//smarticon.geotrust.com/si.js"></SCRIPT><!-- end GeoTrust Smart Icon tag -->');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
  </td>
</tr>

<!-- rapidssl_seal_eof //-->

cwispy

Gday - just wondering what this actually does - ie does the popup have something from RapidSSL? I did try your code but there seems to be an error with the table tags or something as my store doesn't display properly at all when I use your code...

For now I have disabled the popup - but wondering if there is a way to load any page from the popup...I guess a normal javascript woudl work - just wanted to check your solution to RapidSSL before I go that way though :)

Adam

• 1 month later...
Gday - just wondering what this actually does - ie does the popup have something from RapidSSL? I did try your code but there seems to be an error with the table tags or something as my store doesn't display properly at all when I use your code...

For now I have disabled the popup - but wondering if there is a way to load any page from the popup...I guess a normal javascript woudl work - just wanted to check your solution to RapidSSL before I go that way though :)

Adam

All this does is open a popup window which shows the validation info from Geotrust that the ssl and site are validated and correct essentially.

The link in the javascript will load the Geotrust version. I believe you could use the one from here http://www.rapidssl.com/ssl-certificate-su...al/rapidssl.htm for RapidSSL.

Shane